X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
    Why is any single elimination tournament ending in a shootout?
    because it is
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

BU isn't what it used to be, that said, you can't do too much without coaching consistency, and players leaving every year. I knew your last Coach at Kent and wasn't impressed and yet still he's over at the Rangers...I liked Albie when he was over at NU and give him a few years, you guys will be fine. That said, the landscape of hockey has changed and the days of rubber stamping HE championships and NCAA tournaments to BU and BC year in and year out are likely over. Still if Jake plays well like he has been down the stretch you can beat anybody!

Comment

Originally posted by RossiRules View Post
        BU isn't what it used to be, that said, you can't do too much without coaching consistency, and players leaving every year. I knew your last Coach at Kent and wasn't impressed and yet still he's over at the Rangers...I liked Albie when he was over at NU and give him a few years, you guys will be fine. That said, the landscape of hockey has changed and the days of rubber stamping HE championships and NCAA tournaments to BU and BC year in and year out are likely over. Still if Jake plays well like he has been down the stretch you can beat anybody!
        I agree with everything on here, though Jake might have to pitch shutouts for us to beat some of the top teams out there.
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Has anybody heard what Bobo's issue is? I've seen in more than one place/heard comments I think even on the broadcast Monday night that while he was apparently at one point a game-time decision, he might also be out of the year...very odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
            Has anybody heard what Bobo's issue is? I've seen in more than one place/heard comments I think even on the broadcast Monday night that while he was apparently at one point a game-time decision, he might also be out of the year...very odd.
            Wasn’t Harper game to game all year too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
              Wasn’t Harper game to game all year too?
              Thought that as well. Then last game in hea playoffs or so we read been out for all year.

Injuries like pasties newsfeed
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                Are we sure he was shoved out and didn't just transfer willingly?
                Originally posted by defkit View Post
                While they may have planned on Tkachuk and JFK leaving early, I am pretty sure they lost both of them a year earlier than they expected.
                From my sources, it sounds like Crone was asked to return to the USHL by DQ. Heard his adjustment to D1 last year didn't go anywhere near as well as expected.

The plan for Crone was to spend last year in the USHL, then arrive as a 20 year-old Freshman this season. Plans were accelerated following JFK's premature, unexpected departure. What also occurred that offseason was:

- Johnny McDermott asked to play a year in USHL to make room for Ty Amonte, who was also originally slated to arrive at BU as a 20 year-old Freshman this season. Amonte was accelerated based on the year he had for the Vernon Vipers and BU's desperate need for a right-shot forward.

- Kieffer Bellows leaves for MJs; Drew Melanson added as a grad transfer, which worked out quite well.

- Oskar Andren transfers to Ferris State; Jake Witkowski backfills Andren's spot on the roster.

From the BU perspective, the timing of Tkachuk's departure was less than ideal. As contingency, BU added Cheremeta to the roster a few weeks before Tkachuk made his decision. However, it's very clear Tkachuk would've had a much bigger impact on this BU team than Cheremeta has.

Comment

The issue is, from what I understand, a lingering leg injury of some kind. I don't specifically know the severity, but from reading the tea leaves I don't believe this is a short-term thing and am skeptical that he was actually a game time decision on Monday.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

The issue is, from what I understand, a lingering leg injury of some kind. I don't specifically know the severity, but from reading the tea leaves I don't believe this is a short-term thing and am skeptical that he was actually a game time decision on Monday.
                    I agree with that assessment. People may have missed (and it was easy to as it was sort of a "throwaway" line) when Jaffe said that (and I have to paraphrase without going back and watching the tape) "He's not going to be back anytime soon," which to me means there is no way it could have been a "game time" decision. There were never any plans for him to play Monday. Frankly, one has to wonder if he will be back at all...you had to hear the inflection in his voice the way he said it to detect that.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                      I agree with that assessment. People may have missed (and it was easy to as it was sort of a "throwaway" line) when Jaffe said that (and I have to paraphrase without going back and watching the tape) "He's not going to be back anytime soon," which to me means there is no way it could have been a "game time" decision. There were never any plans for him to play Monday. Frankly, one has to wonder if he will be back at all...you had to hear the inflection in his voice the way he said it to detect that.
                      I didn't hear Jaffe's line since I was at the game, but that only further confirms this is a potential season-ender.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I didn't hear Jaffe's line since I was at the game, but that only further confirms this is a potential season-ender.
                        Yeah, that's why it was "concerning" when I heard it, as if he knew something that hadn't been made public yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                          From the BU perspective, the timing of Tkachuk's departure was less than ideal. As contingency, BU added Cheremeta to the roster a few weeks before Tkachuk made his decision. However, it's very clear Tkachuk would've had a much bigger impact on this BU team than Cheremeta has.
                          Does this statement imply that expectations for Cheremeta exceed what we've seen this season?
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

It's just becoming clearer and clearer that the talent level on this team is not what we would like to think. .
                            That's been clear for quite some time now. Unless you have Bobby Orr back there, I don't like it when a defenseman is the top scorer. I don't like it when the top goal scorer barely has double digit goals (10) in February. I like the effort, which is something we didn't always see during the end of Parker's era. But the inability to put the puck in the net is fatal. Not blaming Albie as he didn't recruit these guys, and there have been a ton of departures. But, if we took a drink every time they shoot the puck straight into the goalie's chest each game we'd all be on the floor of the arena by the 2nd intermission with the room spinning around.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              That's been clear for quite some time now. Unless you have Bobby Orr back there, I don't like it when a defenseman is the top scorer. I don't like it when the top goal scorer barely has double digit goals (10) in February. I like the effort, which is something we didn't always see during the end of Parker's era. But the inability to put the puck in the net is fatal. Not blaming Albie as he didn't recruit these guys, and there have been a ton of departures. But, if we took a drink every time they shoot the puck straight into the goalie's chest each game we'd all be on the floor of the arena by the 2nd intermission with the room spinning around.
                              Who would you rather have: Ryan Whitney or Dante Fabbro?

Not sure who else has led the team in scoring in the past. Plus, I think Farabee moved ahead of Fabbro on Friday night. But your point still stands.

Comment

Who would you rather have: Ryan Whitney or Dante Fabbro?

Not sure who else has led the team in scoring in the past. Plus, I think Farabee moved ahead of Fabbro on Friday night. But your point still stands.
                                To me it screams of an offense designed around "puck luck" as opposed to creating your own opportunities. I realize a lot of that is after watching 20+ years of Jack's boring azz offense which revolved around dumping the puck into the corner, digging it out and passing back to the blue line for a slapper from the point, only to find no one was actually in front of the net What you end up having is one defensemen leading the team with a boatload of assists while all the forwards are bunched up in the single digits in goals based on the random chance of a slap shot hitting them in the rear end and bouncing into the net. But, the D shouldn't be outscoring the 1st line center. Or the 2nd line center ideally.

BU: No Snipers Need Apply
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X