This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
    It is pretty remarkable that we have had 3 one-and-done players in the past 4 years. Who else has ever gone to the NHL after 1 year at BU? Anyone? Keith Tkachuk and Scott Lachance were only at BU one year but played the next year on the Olympic team. I don't think either would have left after a year if the Olympics weren't calling.
    So gone to BU if they didn’t want to keep Olympic hopes alive....
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
      How many consecutive games has Ryan Cloonan played without scoring a goal? In 2016-17, he played 34 games as the third line center and did not score a single goal. Who's going to put his picture on a milk carton?
      Saturday was the 87th straight game in which Ryan has played without scoring a goal (and in which he has had 13 assists) . Compare that to his 4-4-8 in his first 7 games, with his last goal coming 6 November 2015 vs Northeastern.

The Terrier record for playing games without scoring a goal goes to Mark Krys, who played in 123 straight from his first game until finally scoring in his 124th game, the only goal in his 134 game BU career. Of course he was a defenseman, as were the other three players who played in 87 or more straight games without scoring a goal since 1984. Cloonan is just the 5th player and first forward since then to not score a goal in 87 straight games. The only other forward who came close was Scott Perry, who finished his BU career without a goal in the last 73 games he played for the Terriers. The other forwards who went 40+ games without a goal are: Bobby Hanson, 41 games; Mike DiMella, 45 games; Ryan Santana, 45 games; and Ryan Priem, 61 games.

Sean
      Last edited by Sean Pickett; 11-20-2018, 06:43 PM.
      Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
      Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
      BU Hockey highlights and extras
      NCAA Hockey Financials
      Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
      I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        Saturday was the 87th straight game in which Ryan has played without scoring a goal (and in which he has had 13 assists) . Compare that to his 4-4-8 in his first 7 games, with his last goal coming 6 November 2015 vs Northeastern.

The Terrier record for playing games without scoring a goal goes to Mark Krys, who played in 123 straight from his first game until finally scoring in his 124th game, the only goal in his 134 game BU career. Of course he was a defenseman, as were the other three players who played in 87 or more straight games without scoring a goal since 1984. Cloonan is just the 5th player and first forward since then to not score a goal in 87 straight games. The only other forward who came close was Scott Perry, who finished his BU career without a goal in the last 73 games he played for the Terriers. The other forwards who went 40+ games without a goal are: Bobby Hanson, 41 games; Mike DiMella, 45 games; Ryan Santana, 45 games; and Ryan Priem, 61 games.

Sean
        Yikes!

So that means that Cloonan will score this weekend in Northern Ireland.

Comment

Yikes!

inshalla

Comment

Yikes!

I think it also means that if your first name is Ryan, you have a good chance of having a long goal scoring drought!
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Quite a night for Terriers in the NHL: goals for JFK, ERod (plus an assist), Greenway (plus an assist), Wilson. Two assists for Shattenkirk in a Rangers' win (they're 9-1-1 since Oct. 30). All three Terrier NHL coaches (Hynes, Quinn, Sullivan) had wins.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                I think it also means that if your first name is Ryan, you have a good chance of having a long goal scoring drought!
                To follow that up, if your first name is Ryan BU is probably not the school for you. The Terriers have had 8 players with the first name of Ryan, 6 of them forwards, and their combined career stats line is 47-118-165 (about 6-15-21 per player) and of that 16-43-59 was from one player, defenseman Ryan Whitney. If you take his numbers out that is 31-75-106 (about 4.4-10.7-15 per player).

On the other hand, if you go by Jack BU is probably the right school for you. The Terriers have had 15 players that went by Jack, including two goalies (one who was excellent) and the combined career stats line of the 13 skaters is 434-506-940 (about 33-39-72 per player). Names really do make a difference (at least for BU hockey).

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  inshalla
                  I understand maybe one out of every three mookie posts. Is that a decent rate?
                  Go BU!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoughEmUp View Post
                    I understand maybe one out of every three mookie posts. Is that a decent rate?
                    That is an Arabic word that translations to “god willing”. Arabic has some words that say a lot in their simplicity.

Comment

But in this country it has an added twist to imply “god willing, but I doubt it may happen as you wish”

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        What if your first name is Oliver? Asking for a friend who might be looking at schools!

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          What if your first name is Oliver? Asking for a friend who might be looking at schools!
                          LOL. I can't think of a single Oliver since I have been following the team (86-87). But my memory isn't the best...
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                            In my research I found no players with the first name of Oliver, although there are 13 players for which I have not learned their first names. None of them played more than a handful of games and only one even had a point (a goal), which is why their first names are shrouded in time. So, if your friend wants to come to BU he can be the trendsetter for Olivers.

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                            NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                              In my research I found no players with the first name of Oliver, although there are 13 players for which I have not learned their first names. None of them played more than a handful of games and only one even had a point (a goal), which is why their first names are shrouded in time. So, if your friend wants to come to BU he can be the trendsetter for Olivers.

Sean
                              1970-71 squad included Olivier Prechac, a forward from Versailles, France. Five games, 2 assists. He had previously played in the 1968 Olympic Games at Grenoble.
                              https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...livier-prechac
                              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                1970-71 squad included Olivier Prechac, a forward from Versailles, France. Five games, 2 assists. He had previously played in the 1968 Olympic Games at Grenoble.
                                https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...livier-prechac
                                My mistake, I only searched for Oliver and not Oliv*

Sean

BU Hockey Games
                                NCAA Hockey Financials

Comment

Working...
                                X