X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by defkit View Post

I'm not panicking, but the team needs to find it's rhythm soon or it will be win HE or no NCAA's.
    NCAA's!!? NCAA's!? I'll be happy they they just win a game.

BU Hockey: Mora Time
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      NCAA's!!? NCAA's!? I'll be happy they they just win a game.

BU Hockey: Mora Time
      I'd have to check to confirm, but I think you posted the same thing last season when we sucked, and that turned out ok :-)
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

I'd have to check to confirm, but I think you posted the same thing last season when we sucked, and that turned out ok :-)

0-4 is and 6 periods without a goal is another level of suck. I hope I'm wrong

Play Max
        Put Carpenter at center
        Sit Harper if he's not right
        Pull out the old uni's
        It Happened!!!!

Comment

The only thing Albie has to hang his hat on at this point is that York isn't doing any better...Point being, there is a nearby example of an experienced coach facing a suck start.
          All this talk about the student population being different than the good ole days. I remember in the 80s going to class and talking up the Beanpot performance and having classmates ask what the Beanpot was. These were not new students. There has always been ambivalence in the diverse community that is BU. The reality is that there needs to be some form of outbound effort to get new participants in the building, otherwise we will continue the death spiral. I will say that as someone with seats on the aisle that my experience is better at AA with the lower crowds: I don't have to stand up every two seconds while the kids keep getting snacks in my aisle, and I don't have to deal with newbies who use the aisle during active play (blocking my view).

I'm pretty close to done at this point. What would make my experience better? 1. Guaranteed parking with my season tickets (regular not club. I don't want to eat the crappy stuff at the venue, but I stress about arriving in time for a garage spot. This may be outdated since there isn't a shortage of space at this point...but there could be. 2. Um...better food and beer (the beer selection blows. Sure, we have Sam Adams, but only the regular crap, the NE IPA is too good for us). 3. Stupid pre-lineup bs. Until we are kicking people's ***, we should just announce our freaking lineup. I suppose if you wanted to do the whole noise-making when we get on the ice, fine, but this over-the-top loudness is freaking embarrassing. 4. More youth interactions. Many of the schools do a much better job of interacting with local youth hockey programs. Once a young player meets someone for the team, assuming they aren't a jerk, it can create a bond that could lead to a future fan, even if they aren't a student.
          "What about my asthma?"
          "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
            Hard to believe BU and BC are in a race to the bottom. We're in the same boat. The only difference is I AM panicking. Learned the lesson the last couple of years that when you bury yourself early, it is massively difficult to recover.
            Don't panic. This season is already in the crapper for BC unless they can win the HE tournament. And there's no reason at all to think they will.
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Big weekend. If BU is sitting at 0-6 Saturday night, I'm crossing them off for the 2018-2019 season. 0-6 teams don't make the NCAA's. They just don't.

BU Hockey: November PlayOff Games
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

The 1976-77 team started out 0-4, and went on to win the ECACs for the fourth straight year and go to the Frozen Four. Of course, that team had two Meaghers, Eruzione, O'Callahan, Silk, Lamby, Craig etc. The season before the Wiseguys.

Comment

Couple of game previews are up on The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog. Howling Huskies Productions' live stream of tonight's game is available outside of New England and it's free.
                  The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Big weekend. If BU is sitting at 0-6 Saturday night, I'm crossing them off for the 2018-2019 season. 0-6 teams don't make the NCAA's. They just don't.

BU Hockey: November PlayOff Games
                    The 2008-2009 team lost 6 games ALL SEASON.
                    It Happened!!!!

Comment

The 2008-2009 team lost 6 games ALL SEASON.
                      Not the most fair comparison to this team, that was one of the two or three most talented and best constructed college hockey teams of the past 30 years. The point that these two games are must-wins if the postseason is even going to be in the discussion still holds true.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Not the most fair comparison to this team, that was one of the two or three most talented and best constructed college hockey teams of the past 30 years. The point that these two games are must-wins if the postseason is even going to be in the discussion still holds true.
                        Now that baseball season is over (and what a Glorious Season it was) ! Let's check in on the Terriers.

Disappointing record? Yes.
                        Lots of young talent still trying to mesh? I believe so.
                        Do we believe in our coach? Yes. I thought that got hashed out in the summer.
                        Two must wins? Maybe, but this is November 1st. The window is not wide open. And it is certainly not closed.

Own it and reset.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Yep, unsure that there has been another team with all 6 defense spending time in the show...
                          "What about my asthma?"
                          "Where'd you come from - a scotch ad?"

Comment

Prawdzik gets his first start tonight. Defense unchanged. Some line reshuffling.
                            The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Yes, the terriors must win 2 games this season
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                                Prawdzik gets his first start tonight. Defense unchanged. Some line reshuffling.
                                Bomber gets his wish. Albie must read these boards!!!

Given that we are 0-4, I'll be happy with a split (have to start somewhere, right?).
                                BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Working...
                                X