Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't buy tickets this year because I thought hiring Albie as the head coach was a bad decision. How's the team doing so far?

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      I didn't buy tickets this year because I thought hiring Albie as the head coach was a bad decision. How's the team doing so far?
      Albie is puking on his shoes. As far as the team they look disinterested.

Comment

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
        As far as the team they look disinterested.
        Well, at the risk of getting excoriated for going down this same rathole again, that's not abnormal with high-end players in October. These guys are thinking about the NHL long-term. I would imagine everyone else has noticed (as I have) that they play better 1) against better competition, and 2) when the games mean more. Witness last year's post-season run. The problem with this approach these days is that the PWR can destroy a team before they get rolling and the season progresses. I thought Jake let in a couple of soft goals also. It might be true that he feels as though he has to carry the team, but he also just might have trouble focusing, also. And, to piggyback on the whole attendance discussion, the joint is not exactly jumping with excitement.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
          Well, at the risk of getting excoriated for going down this same rathole again, that's not abnormal with high-end players in October. These guys are thinking about the NHL long-term. I would imagine everyone else has noticed (as I have) that they play better 1) against better competition, and 2) when the games mean more.
          1) Mankato and Providence say hi. 2) ok I will tune back in, in March

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
            W...I would imagine everyone else has noticed (as I have) that they play better 1) against better competition....
            Ummm....not tonight.
            "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
              Ummm....not tonight.
              Jeez...obviously. It's the fourth game. I'm talking about previous teams. They play better as the year goes on. Initially, more experienced teams have the advantage over young teams (especially with all the turnover), but the talent starts to equalize as they play together more and start to jell. My point is they will get better as the year goes on. The goal always used to be to peak at the end of the season, but the PWR has destroyed the effectiveness of that strategy. Just like college football. If you lose one game you're practically out of it. Part of the price we pay by quantifying EVERYTHING. They've taken all of the leeway out of it. If the goal of doing anything in life is to improve, what's the point if you're out of it before the improvement has a chance to bear fruit?

Comment

Yikes.

The Beanpot will be interesting.
                It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  Yikes.

If by interesting you mean ugly, maybe
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                    Yikes.

Welcome to the Husky Reign!
                    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Why did Oettinger change his number? #30 isn't playing like the #29 we used to know.

He has had a horrendous start this year. If it's because he's thinking about his NHL career, as someone has suggested, well.... this level of play isn't going to further that.

Giving up early goals (and often soft ones at that), and goals late in a period, kill any momentum that the team could build on. Down 1-0 inside the first minute of the game last night, a goal inside the last minute of the second period to make it 3-0 instead of going into the room down a pair, then another early goal 48 seconds into the third period - daggers to the heart of a team trying to climb out of a hole! And on two of the goals he was just clean beaten to the glove side when the sight lines on the shots were clear and unobstructed.

Give Max or Nico (or both - split time) the call against the Huskies on Thursday night. Everyone should have to earn their time, competition is a good thing, and Jake's not getting it done right now. Tuukka's getting pushed, and so should Jake be.

Comment

Interesting that both Woll and Oettinger are struggling. Could argue both had best seasons as freshmen
                        Also Carpenter has been our best and most consistent player the past two years
                        His production and impact falls way off when he plays wing as he did last night
                        Played a decent first period but went 0-3 on power play- not acceptable

Comment

For the record, I don't buy the expensive beers at the games :-). And Scarlet is right, I park for free and walk. But most games I am buying 2 tickets. And usually $10 for something for my kid. I totally get why the games are expensive, I just think it is having an impact on attendance. Spending $28 for the game at Merrimack was worth it since the rink is 20 minutes away, vs. an hour for Agganis (would have been more worth it if they had scored a goal).

As far as the struggles of the team:

- I thought they looked good in the first period, the goal was a fluky bounce off of Crotty's leg. But the rest of the game was ugly (I stopped watching with about 8 minutes to go to watch the Sox). No offensive flow.
                          - Harper doesn't look right. Not sure if it is just a result of missing time, but he is losing the puck very early under pressure.
                          - Quercia continues to use his size, but he needs to be smarter. His penalty was at the end of a very physical shift and it just seemed like he was destined to end up in the box.
                          - Farabee is struggling to adjust to the speed.
                          - Even Fabbro has been struggling somewhat.

I'm not panicking, but the team needs to find it's rhythm soon or it will be win HE or no NCAA's.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            I'm not panicking, but the team needs to find it's rhythm soon or it will be win HE or no NCAA's.
                            Hard to believe BU and BC are in a race to the bottom. We're in the same boat. The only difference is I AM panicking. Learned the lesson the last couple of years that when you bury yourself early, it is massively difficult to recover.
                            The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                            BC - 12
                            BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

[QUOTE=defkit;6715244
                              - Harper doesn't look right. Not sure if it is just a result of missing time, but he is losing the puck very early under pressure.

I'm not panicking, but the team needs to find it's rhythm soon or it will be win HE or no NCAA's.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree on Harper. He's not readjusted yet and is a complete nonfactor. He's never been the most physical player but all you have to do is bump into him and he'll lose the puck. Hope his health is OK.

Definitely approaching a critical mass point and the level of play on the ice is going entirely in the wrong direction. Hopefully last night was a rock bottom point for them, it was embarrassing.
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

i think both, terriers & eagles will be strong 2nd half contender teams. i've seen this play out before.. gotta get going at the right time and you certainly have the talent/ tools for it.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X