This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Now that the exhibition game is out of the way, let's consider the season underway!!

And the off-season thread didn't even reach 350 posts...very disappointing. C'mon people!

Can BU return the favor to the Mavericks who came in and swept us last year? I'd be happy with a split. We have even less size than we did last year, and they pushed us around.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

From offseason thread: "Anyone at last night’s game that can report on what they observed? Thanks."

- Acadia was very bad, not a whole lot of meaningful conclusions can be made
    - BU skated well and looked comfortable playing physically
    - PP sucked and PK wasn't the best, but it's the first game so not unexpected
    - Some of the freshmen are very well developed physically for freshmen
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I agree with Scarlet, I think we look pretty quick. Definitely smaller and not as strong as last year, so we have to use that speed all season.

I thought Wise and Farabee looked terrible at the beginning of the game but certainly made some good plays by the end. Both of their goals were pretty nice.

Chemera was all over the ice. Thought that was interesting since he wasn't hyped up at all. He's definitely in the lineup every night. DeBoer was a black hole in the offensive zone and pretty much every time he touched the puck. He made a few nice defensive plays though.

No Krys and Amonte? I hadn't heard anything about injuries. I think everyone else played, including Switzer and Cloonan. For all the talk we heard from Shane's dad, you had to figure he'd have transferred. Looks like he's a little different than his father. I think he and Blixt will swap places in the lineup depending on whether we want D and physicality or offense. I guess Cloonan came back when Tkachuk left and we didn't get those two other rumored transfers and/or the guy from Wisconsin?

All in all, a typical exhibition game. Lots of talent, lots of sloppy, disjointed play. Hopefully continue to tighten it up before Friday night!

Comment

Hopefully they cash in on the MSU games next weekend because the rest of the NC schedule looks pretty 'meh'

Comment

Saw on Twitter that Brady Tkachuk and the Senators practiced at Agganis today.

I’m heading out to Mankato this weekend. Not sure what to expect. Looking forward to checking another rink off my list!

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
            I agree with Scarlet, I think we look pretty quick. Definitely smaller and not as strong as last year, so we have to use that speed all season.

I thought Wise and Farabee looked terrible at the beginning of the game but certainly made some good plays by the end. Both of their goals were pretty nice.

Chemera was all over the ice. Thought that was interesting since he wasn't hyped up at all. He's definitely in the lineup every night. DeBoer was a black hole in the offensive zone and pretty much every time he touched the puck. He made a few nice defensive plays though.

No Krys and Amonte? I hadn't heard anything about injuries. I think everyone else played, including Switzer and Cloonan. For all the talk we heard from Shane's dad, you had to figure he'd have transferred. Looks like he's a little different than his father. I think he and Blixt will swap places in the lineup depending on whether we want D and physicality or offense. I guess Cloonan came back when Tkachuk left and we didn't get those two other rumored transfers and/or the guy from Wisconsin?

All in all, a typical exhibition game. Lots of talent, lots of sloppy, disjointed play. Hopefully continue to tighten it up before Friday night!
            I'm assuming Krys and Amonte were scratches just so all the freshmen could dress. But it sounds like Vidoli didn't dress?

One of the transfers that was either rumored or even committed decided to retire from hockey (I think he was from RPI). Of course, Willman is a transfer. And it was rumored that Sampo Ranta (who scored a goal for the Gophers last night in his first game), would not have been able to get into BU for the same reason he didn't end up at Wisconsin (TOEFL related). Don't know if he ever inquired.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Saw on Twitter that Brady Tkachuk and the Senators practiced at Agganis today.

I’m heading out to Mankato this weekend. Not sure what to expect. Looking forward to checking another rink off my list!
              I hope Brady is health enough to play against the Bruins. He hasn't dressed for the first two games due to some sort of injury.

Comment

They looked fast but it was against a team that definitely couldn't disrupt them. We'll see how they organize that speed against competition soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                  Now that the exhibition game is out of the way, let's consider the season underway!!

And the off-season thread didn't even reach 350 posts...very disappointing. C'mon people!

Can BU return the favor to the Mavericks who came in and swept us last year? I'd be happy with a split. We have even less size than we did last year, and they pushed us around.
                  Much different Mankato team this year. We lost two 40+ point scorers in Suess and Knutson, who were also very physical players, and Brickley, our best defenseman. Also graduated Clint Lewis (big, physical d-man). I expect our team to be in good shape - Hastings' teams always are- but considerably less physical than last year.

Comment

I agree it is hard to get much insight out of Canadian team exhibitions, but interesting to note that Acadia was very competitive the next afternoon against a rested UML team.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      I agree it is hard to get much insight out of Canadian team exhibitions, but interesting to note that Acadia was very competitive the next afternoon against a rested UML team.
                      Umlol must the suck again
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                        I hope Brady is health enough to play against the Bruins. He hasn't dressed for the first two games due to some sort of injury.
                        He played today and was -1 with 2 SOG.
                        Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

This raises a point for me, do Canadian collegiate teams attract strong talent or do the Major Juniors suck all that away? Of course, with the obsession Canada has with hockey, I'd imagine even the 'middling' talent pool would be fairly talented.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                            This raises a point for me, do Canadian collegiate teams attract strong talent or do the Major Juniors suck all that away? Of course, with the obsession Canada has with hockey, I'd imagine even the 'middling' talent pool would be fairly talented.
                            Actually, quite a few of the Canadian University players are MJ alums. But the top ones from MJ go pro.

Comment

Kids (Er men) go to school for the most part when they realize their playing days are over
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X