X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ericredaxe
    replied
    Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

My 1900 may be too low, but a quick glance at the Lowell ticket site shows many many tickets available. 3000 may be a more accurate guess. I'll make a close to game time decision. Have not been to Tsongas in years and might be fun.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

2016 were SRO at the door

Leave a comment:

• DLG
    replied

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Thanks...... although my sarcasm in the question must not have translated well into the written word. .

I put the attendance over/under at about 1900.
    I had originally put it at 3000 and got this from a Lowell fan- still sticking with 3000

3000 for the over/under? I'd take the over without hesitation.

Average attendance for playoff games at Tsongas:

2018 2934 (2 games - Merrimack)
    2017 4470 (3 games - UNH)
    2016 5399 (2 games - BU)
    2015 3614 (3 games - Angry Leprechauns)
    2014 3610 (3 games - Vermont)
    2013 4235 (2 games - Maine)
    2012 3874 (3 games - PC)

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied
    Originally posted by DLG View Post
    No- have never sold out a playoff game- also planning to buy at door- no fees
    Thanks...... although my sarcasm in the question must not have translated well into the written word. .

I put the attendance over/under at about 1900.

Leave a comment:

• Friend_of_BU_Hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by DLG View Post
    BU sections are 114 & 115. Also FOH pregame gathering at Beer Works before Games 1 & 2.

Leave a comment:

• DLG
    replied

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    I’m thinking I might actually go tomorrow. Think I’ll have any problem getting tickets?

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied

I’m thinking I might actually go tomorrow. Think I’ll have any problem getting tickets?

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by rover View Post
    this series promises to be a potent cure for insomnia. A team that can't put the puck in the net vs a team that tends to lock in down defensively = a major snorefest. Could be the first 3 game series in history where nobody scores in regulation.
    :d
    Last edited by chickod; 03-14-2019, 09:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    A lot of buzz about this upcoming series, no?
    This series promises to be a potent cure for insomnia. A team that can't put the puck in the net vs a team that tends to lock in down defensively = a major snorefest. Could be the first 3 game series in history where nobody scores in regulation.

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    It's tough when the last game was such a dud. There are certainly tougher tasks than taking 2 out of 3 at Tsongas, so I haven't written the team off. I just hope they can find their A-game. I'm planning to go to Saturday's game.

I was thinking (too lazy to look up) - how often has this team successfully won a road series to get to the Garden? I can think of two. One was the great upset of I think you may #1 BC in 2004 in 3 games. The only other one that comes to mind was in Providence, It think sometime in late 90's early 2000s. I don't recall if that series went 2 or 3 games.
    Relying on memory here, that was 2003, and BU took out PC in 2 straight. I think you may remember, Doug, that during the 2nd game, BU had possession in the PC d-zone, and swapped all 5 skaters on the fly.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    It's tough when the last game was such a dud. There are certainly tougher tasks than taking 2 out of 3 at Tsongas, so I haven't written the team off. I just hope they can find their A-game. I'm planning to go to Saturday's game.

I was thinking (too lazy to look up) - how often has this team successfully won a road series to get to the Garden? I can think of two. One was the great upset of #1 BC in 2004 in 3 games. The only other one that comes to mind was in Providence, It think sometime in late 90's early 2000s. I don't recall if that series went 2 or 3 games.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    McGovern made a couple of nice saves in the first period but BU never really threatened offensively after that. By no means did he stand on his head.

Agreed that BU checked-out after 20 minutes. But Rob really stood on his head at times in the 1st, though. BU could've scored then 3-4 times, easily.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Oh dear God. So either the BU offense is the worst ever or the Maine coaching staff didn’t realize they have the next Ken Dryden on their team.
    McGovern made a couple of nice saves in the first period but BU never really threatened offensively after that. By no means did he stand on his head.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied
    Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    Hate to break it to you, that was McGovern's first start of the season. It may have been his third appearance.
    Oh dear God. So either the BU offense is the worst ever or the Maine coaching staff didn’t realize they have the next Ken Dryden on their team.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X