Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

    Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Pretty certain they didn't. The announcers spoke of the possibility as the game headed to OT. But I believe the goal was early enough that they had not pulled him yet. The video clip is on Sean's YouTube channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK-Msah7LME

    Goal came at exactly halfway through OT (2:30) and I only count 5 Terrier skaters. So they had not pulled the goalie yet.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

    Comment


    • Originally posted by defkit View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK-Msah7LME

      Goal came at exactly halfway through OT (2:30) and I only count 5 Terrier skaters. So they had not pulled the goalie yet.
      Wow, that was all VDG. Boy, he was a good player.
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

      Comment


      • Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

        Mark Divver is hearing Bobo Carpenter may be back in the lineup next weekend:
        https://twitter.com/markdivver/statu...149763585?s=21

        Comment


        • Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
          Wow, that was all VDG. Boy, he was a good player.
          That was a strong senior class two years after that including 3 very skilled players who’s stats were relatively modest but they were fun to watch with DVG, John Laliberte and Brad Zancanaro. Deserved to be in Frozen Four that year.
          Last edited by Jofa; 02-23-2019, 03:14 PM.

          Comment


          • Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

            Originally posted by Jofa View Post
            That was a strong senior class two years after that including 3 very skilled players who’s stats were relatively modest but they were fun to watch with DVG, John Laliberte and Brad Zancanaro. Deserved to be in Frozen Four that year.
            IIRC, in the #8 over #1 series upset of BC that followed that win over UNH, VDG was injured at some point in Game 1 or 2, and we all thought he wouldn't be able to play in Game 3 at Conte. Then he was out there for the opening draw. It was an early positive sign. I believe Eric Thomassian had the big goal in Game 3.
            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

            Comment


            • Originally posted by defkit View Post
              IIRC, in the #8 over #1 series upset of BC that followed that win over UNH, VDG was injured at some point in Game 1 or 2, and we all thought he wouldn't be able to play in Game 3 at Conte. Then he was out there for the opening draw. It was an early positive sign. I believe Eric Thomassian had the big goal in Game 3.
              Yes, to Thomassian. As I recall, BU was trying to hang on in the last few minutes, Tony Voce gave them a lift by taking an obvious 5 min major.
              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                Mark Divver is hearing Bobo Carpenter may be back in the lineup next weekend:
                https://twitter.com/markdivver/statu...149763585?s=21
                Heard the same thing from a friend last night. Hope he's ok, it was phrased as "he wants to give it a shot and see how it goes.". Hope he doesn't do any long-term harm.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

                Comment


                • Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

                  A couple of gutsy wins on the road this weekend. So, looks like if we win out we get home ice for the QF. No small feat, but at least there's a chance. Oettinger is really in the zone right now, so that's a plus. If you want one player to be clicking come playoff time, it's your goaltender.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                    Yes, to Thomassian. As I recall, BU was trying to hang on in the last few minutes, Tony Voce gave them a lift by taking an obvious 5 min major.
                    Recall at the end fields turned to the student section and leaned back with his arms spread wide, taking it all in.

                    Mookie was in the lower bowl with fam next to an older whale pants wearing bc alum and his mom (!!!)
                    At the end he got up and said “I hate them so much I can taste it”
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                    Comment


                    • So, BU and BC went north for the weekend, and between them scored 5 goals over 4 games, including Krys’s OT ENG.
                      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Recall at the end fields turned to the student section and leaned back with his arms spread wide, taking it all in.

                        Mookie was in the lower bowl with fam next to an older whale pants wearing bc alum and his mom (!!!)
                        At the end he got up and said “I hate them so much I can taste it”
                        That must have been so cool seeing BU go on to lose in HE semis and BC advance to FF! Sadly, a QF series upset is all BC can dream of this year. Not that BU is going much further.

                        Comment


                        • Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

                          Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Heard the same thing from a friend last night. Hope he's ok, it was phrased as "he wants to give it a shot and see how it goes.". Hope he doesn't do any long-term harm.
                          I would imagine that he wants to be in skates for what could be his last home game (if not last game period), and I assume Senior night. Since we can dress a 13th forward, I would think Albie would be willing to let Bobo dress, even if he ends up not taking any shifts.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                          Comment


                          • Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

                            Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            That must have been so cool seeing BU go on to lose in HE semis and BC advance to FF! Sadly, a QF series upset is all BC can dream of this year. Not that BU is going much further.
                            I believe the loss was 1-0 to Jimmy Howard, a game in which we hit an early post and couldn't do much more...it was a nice run given how poorly the season had gone. And a little internal redemption for losing to #8 Merrimack in '98.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Heard the same thing from a friend last night. Hope he's ok, it was phrased as "he wants to give it a shot and see how it goes.". Hope he doesn't do any long-term harm.
                              I know he has been to development camps in the past. Any idea how those have gone and what his odds are of getting a deal this spring or summer? Thinking NJD might be on him, at least.

                              And from a recruiting pov, can only help going forward to point out to some of the more realistic 15, 16 year old kids, there is a path to the NHL that includes four years of BU.
                              Last edited by RoughEmUp; 02-24-2019, 11:26 AM.
                              Go BU!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                That must have been so cool seeing BU go on to lose in HE semis and BC advance to FF! Sadly, a QF series upset is all BC can dream of this year. Not that BU is going much further.
                                Gee, mookie didn’t recall bc winning the frozen four that year..... when did bc raise banners for losing like uhn?? Is that how far things have fallen the past 3 seasons?!?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X