• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go-UML
    replied
    Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Since you bring up Lowell's somewhat slim NCAA tournament success, I thought I would mention that I find it strange that UML appears to consider making the NCAA tournament more important than winning the Hockey East tournament as they have individual banners for every year they have made the NCAA Tournament, and a second one for the year they made the Frozen Four, but only one shared banner for their three Hockey East tournament titles.

Sean
    Eh...we aren't the only school who has silly banner choices. We all noticed it when the most recent ones went up and when we earn another one, perhaps it'll get tidied up. You're reading far more into it than there is. One might also say that it's harder to win HE than to get into the NCAA...

Leave a comment:

• Sean Pickett
    replied

Originally posted by boots68 View Post
    So Jack Eichel one year in college hockey. One national championship game appearance.
    UMass Lowell 35 years in division one college hockey and zero national championship game appearances.
    Your point?
    Since you bring up Lowell's somewhat slim NCAA tournament success, I thought I would mention that I find it strange that UML appears to consider making the NCAA tournament more important than winning the Hockey East tournament as they have individual banners for every year they have made the NCAA Tournament, and a second one for the year they made the Frozen Four, but only one shared banner for their three Hockey East tournament titles.

Sean

Leave a comment:

• SpauldingSmails
    replied

Anything planned for this evening/afternoon game?

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Saw the game in person, every period was different.
    - First period: I didn't think BU played terribly, but an early offensive zone penalty by Cheremeta and a dumb penalty by Curry were all UML needed to get going. It didn't help the Oettinger had a tough go of it. As much as I deride Krys, I thought the penalty called on him was a poor call. At best he got 20% of the guys body, really would have glanced off the side of him, but give the UML player credit for selling it with the leap into the boards.
    - The second period was as wild a period as I have seen in a while. Defense was optional. In addition to Farabee's two goals he had another breakaway and a couple good chances for a hat trick late. BU had trouble with UMLs transition speed, as our defense were leaving way too many guys open. But we had the momentum as the period wound down, would have been nice to get the tying goal.
    - Third period - I could literally tell within 30 seconds that the guys had lost the jump in their step. The aggressive play was left int he locker room, perhaps the coaches wanted to tighten things up. But then to have UML get another rebound goal from an uncovered RiverHawk was just as frustrating as can be. We had very little offensive jump all period long, really until we pulled the goalie with over 3 minutes left (I believe).
    - I didn't see the hit on Carpenter, but I heard it and heard the crowd groan. I wasn't even sure which team had been hit, but then I saw Farabee circle back with clear intent to go after someone, so I knew then what had happened. I thought, "Ok, we're not going to have Farabee for game 3, because I thought he would get a DQ. Thankfully, unless there is additional punishment by the league, he'll play. I wonder if the league might consider suspending both Farabee and the UML guy that hit Bobo.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

That might be a more bizarre post than his. When I read buoldtimer I immediately think UML.

Leave a comment:

• boots68
    replied
    Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    So, Jack Eichel - 4 seasons in Buffalo, 0 playoff games. Hmmmm.
    So Jack Eichel one year in college hockey. One national championship game appearance.
    UMass Lowell 35 years in division one college hockey and zero national championship game appearances.
    Your point?

Leave a comment:

• boots68
    replied
    Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
    Bowers was swining his stick like an axe all night. As you said, you didn't see it. The refs gave him a major for a reason but hey, believe what you want to believe.
    Are you serious? You’re comparing the slash that would not have hurt a seven-year-old on the ice to a massive hit from behind that could’ve left him paralyzed? Get real will you?

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Bowers was swining his stick like an axe all night. As you said, you didn't see it. The refs gave him a major for a reason but hey, believe what you want to believe.
    Whether he was "swinging his stick like an axe all night" isn't relevant to whether the league would deem the penalty worthy of an additional suspension.

You're right I didn't see it, my friend who is a USA Hockey certified ref is the one who did and told me what happened. He also told me it's not in the same potentially suspendable category as the hit on Carpenter tonight. His assessment was Bowers rightfully got a major and a game misconduct for a stupid and unsportsmanlike play but not a player safety risk. I'll defer to his judgment here.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Not yet
    Well it was an approximation

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by chickod View Post
    ...they're .500!!!!!!!!! Geez....
    Not yet

Leave a comment:

• Friend_of_BU_Hockey
    replied
    Interesting that you come here to initiate yet on the UML thread you just wrote:

09:34 PM Today
    No need for that last hit by Lowell. Inexcusable

Would give you even more cred if you posted same here instead of deflecting to what Bowers did. Which, BTW, was dumb and unnecessary, but circumstancially different than what happened tonight.
    Last edited by Friend_of_BU_Hockey; 03-16-2019, 11:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Go-UML
    replied

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    I didn't see what Bowers did last night, but was told he slashed a couple of Lowell guys on his way to the ENG celebration. That is not even close to boarding a guy from behind at full game speed from a player safety standpoint.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Totally agree on the ugly hit but let's be fair here Very similar hit the other way at the end of game one. Let's move on to game three and hope that cooler heads prevail on both sides before someone gets hurt.
    I didn't see what Bowers did last night, but was told he slashed a couple of Lowell guys on his way to the ENG celebration. That is not even close to boarding a guy from behind at full game speed from a player safety standpoint.

And yes, early indications are Bobo is doing OK - BU's head AT walked back on the ice after taking him down to the locker room and gave the bench a thumbs up. If Bobo was seriously hurt I doubt the head AT would come back to the bench to stand around for the last 7 seconds. Unclear how he'll feel tomorrow of course.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    So, Jack Eichel - 4 seasons in Buffalo, 0 playoff games. Hmmmm.
    I'm not sure what your point is. Did you expect the #2 pick in the draft to stay at BU?

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Actually I believe we got word in stands that he was fine before the refs were done reviewing the tape.
    Oh, well that would be good news because initially he was in pretty rough shape.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X