This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Just finished watching the NESN broadcast of the stream on the DVR.
    - It looks like they have worked better at changing to a camera shot of center ice as soon as the scoreboard feed shows a promotional item. There were a few times where you would see the promotion for a split second.
    - That said there were still some kinks in the flow of what was shown. One benefit was seeing the leg-check on Cockerill that got him so incensed (RossiRules mentioned it). Unfortunately Bernie and his partner didn't see that being shown, so they didn't mention it.
    - An early graphic showed BU's record as 7-16-2 and 4-10-1 (not sure on the ties) in Hockey East. Ummm, that's a little off. I normally wouldn't care, but this was being shown on TSN in Canada. I don't want a star recruit north of the border thinking we suck. I mean .500 isn't great, but it's a hack of a lot better than what they showed!
    - As far as the game goes, nice to see the offensive contributions being spread out. (Cloonan!!). Curry had a nice game as did Harper and Fabbro.
    - Next weekend is going to be tough. ASU sits much higher than we do in the PWR. Looking forward to going to Saturday's game.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Cloonan scored. Cloonan scored.
      First goal since 2015. And he looked good.

Willman's shorthanded goal would have done Gretzky proud.

Who are these guys?

Comment

10 goals since and bobo still stuck on 99 career...
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
          Cloonan scored. Cloonan scored.
          First goal since 2015. And he looked good.

Willman's shorthanded goal would have done Gretzky proud.

Who are these guys?

First 14 games:
          * 4-8-2 record
          * 30 goals for (2.14 goals per game)
          * 43 goals allowed (3.07 goals allowed per game)

Last 7 games:
          * 5-1-1 record
          * 30 goals for (4.29 goals per game)
          * 16 goals allowed (2.29 goals allowed per game)

They're trending in the right direction. They've made strides towards correcting issues I cited earlier this season pertaining to lack of forward depth / secondary scoring. The next 5 games have major Pairwise implications, so let's see how they fare...

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
            First 14 games:
            * 4-8-2 record
            * 30 goals for (2.14 goals per game)
            * 43 goals allowed (3.07 goals allowed per game)

Last 7 games:
            * 5-1-1 record
            * 30 goals for (4.29 goals per game)
            * 16 goals allowed (2.29 goals allowed per game)

They're trending in the right direction. They've made strides towards correcting issues I cited earlier this season pertaining to lack of forward depth / secondary scoring. The next 5 games have major Pairwise implications, so let's see how they fare...
            Union and Qpac, two games that were winnable/tieable; Pairwise would be much better if they'd been able to avoid those losses.
            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
              Union and Qpac, two games that were winnable/tieable; Pairwise would be much better if they'd been able to avoid those losses.
              Would be 16.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                or drop games to frickin' umo, or gd merrihack!!!!

Comment

I saw a post on Reddit about BU giving away sweaters to people who attend 6 or more games... anyone got one?
                  Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

It’s a student thing. There’s an app and you need to check in to a certain amount of sporting events.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      It’s a student thing. There’s an app and you need to check in to a certain amount of sporting events.
                      It's too easy to sound like an old goat and say "we didn't need gimmicks to go to WBA and pull for the Terriers."

Too easy...

You can tell BU has changed. Now you get a sweater for going to enough games.
                      Used to be you went to enough classes and you got a diploma.

Comment

No chatter about ASU? These guys are ranked. RANKED!!! They swept BC earlier in the season. I am sufficiently anxious over this series. Thoughts from the peanut gallery??

Comment

No chatter about ASU? These guys are ranked. RANKED!!! They swept BC earlier in the season. I am sufficiently anxious over this series. Thoughts from the peanut gallery??
                          We need to bring it every game. There are not very many "days off" in this era of greater parity. (That's not very "specific," but nonetheless it's valid - and it's not something we always do every night). My guess is if there are any second period "lapses" this weekend, the results won't be very favorable.

Comment

I am hoping for a split, would be thrilled with anything more. This is a good opponent.
                            BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Boys better take 5 points this weekend!!

Comment

Congrats for Bobo and his 100th

Comment

Working...
                                X