X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarlet
    replied
    Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

No chatter about ASU? These guys are ranked. RANKED!!! They swept BC earlier in the season. I am sufficiently anxious over this series. Thoughts from the peanut gallery??

Leave a comment:

• Berkshire BU Fan
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    It’s a student thing. There’s an app and you need to check in to a certain amount of sporting events.
    It's too easy to sound like an old goat and say "we didn't need gimmicks to go to WBA and pull for the Terriers."

Too easy...

You can tell BU has changed. Now you get a sweater for going to enough games.
    Used to be you went to enough classes and you got a diploma.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

It’s a student thing. There’s an app and you need to check in to a certain amount of sporting events.

Leave a comment:

• wysi
    replied

I saw a post on Reddit about BU giving away sweaters to people who attend 6 or more games... anyone got one?

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Union and Qpac, two games that were winnable/tieable; Pairwise would be much better if they'd been able to avoid those losses.
    or drop games to frickin' umo, or gd merrihack!!!!

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Union and Qpac, two games that were winnable/tieable; Pairwise would be much better if they'd been able to avoid those losses.
    Would be 16.

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    First 14 games:
    * 4-8-2 record
    * 30 goals for (2.14 goals per game)
    * 43 goals allowed (3.07 goals allowed per game)

Last 7 games:
    * 5-1-1 record
    * 30 goals for (4.29 goals per game)
    * 16 goals allowed (2.29 goals allowed per game)

They're trending in the right direction. They've made strides towards correcting issues I cited earlier this season pertaining to lack of forward depth / secondary scoring. The next 5 games have major Pairwise implications, so let's see how they fare...

Leave a comment:

• Friend_of_BU_Hockey
    replied

Originally posted by Harry Cleverly View Post
    Cloonan scored. Cloonan scored.
    First goal since 2015. And he looked good.

Willman's shorthanded goal would have done Gretzky proud.

Who are these guys?

First 14 games:
    * 4-8-2 record
    * 30 goals for (2.14 goals per game)
    * 43 goals allowed (3.07 goals allowed per game)

Last 7 games:
    * 5-1-1 record
    * 30 goals for (4.29 goals per game)
    * 16 goals allowed (2.29 goals allowed per game)

They're trending in the right direction. They've made strides towards correcting issues I cited earlier this season pertaining to lack of forward depth / secondary scoring. The next 5 games have major Pairwise implications, so let's see how they fare...

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

10 goals since and bobo still stuck on 99 career...

Leave a comment:

• Harry Cleverly
    replied

Cloonan scored. Cloonan scored.
    First goal since 2015. And he looked good.

Willman's shorthanded goal would have done Gretzky proud.

Who are these guys?

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Just finished watching the NESN broadcast of the stream on the DVR.
    - It looks like they have worked better at changing to a camera shot of center ice as soon as the scoreboard feed shows a promotional item. There were a few times where you would see the promotion for a split second.
    - That said there were still some kinks in the flow of what was shown. One benefit was seeing the leg-check on Cockerill that got him so incensed (RossiRules mentioned it). Unfortunately Bernie and his partner didn't see that being shown, so they didn't mention it.
    - An early graphic showed BU's record as 7-16-2 and 4-10-1 (not sure on the ties) in Hockey East. Ummm, that's a little off. I normally wouldn't care, but this was being shown on TSN in Canada. I don't want a star recruit north of the border thinking we suck. I mean .500 isn't great, but it's a hack of a lot better than what they showed!
    - As far as the game goes, nice to see the offensive contributions being spread out. (Cloonan!!). Curry had a nice game as did Harper and Fabbro.
    - Next weekend is going to be tough. ASU sits much higher than we do in the PWR. Looking forward to going to Saturday's game.

Leave a comment:

• RossiRules
    replied

I headed over to the Agganis tonight as my son had 5 tix to a very empty arena on MLK day! Having seen UMASS v NU on Friday and SAT night my thoughts are, UMASS is a man among boyz! That said, this was a fun game to watch and really had some good though a bit sloppy hockey with lots of end to end action that even included a nice 5 for fighting with many punches thrown both before and after the whistle by a tough BU player who had taken a cheep leg check at the blue line in the 3rd after the game was already a blow out. I love the tenacity and am hoping for a good Beanpot! Merrimack looked really disorganized and every bit a bottom feeder of HE tonight, I have seem them look ok but only when their goalie is standing on his head. BU can make a move I suspect and saw them just off the top 20 in this weeks poll!

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    Originally posted by bomber View Post
    and dq was in the house.

And the cubs fan got into the game! (all 6'6" of him.)

and they scored 3 power play goals!!
    and cloonan scored!

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
    Thought it was just a misconduct...No?
    Can't have a major for fighting not accompanied by a DQ, so either ref, stat person, or PA guy got it wrong. It was fixed in the after game box score to a DQ.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied

And DQ was in the house.

And the Cubs fan got into the game! (All 6'6" of him.)

And they scored 3 power play goals!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X