• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chickod
    replied
    Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    seriously. mookie was expecting a 5-0-0 run here. don't see how this could have been any worse. time to start projecting line combos for 19/20
    The most disturbing characteristic of this team is to almost immediately give up a goal after scoring. That happened at least twice last night, especially after tying the game. It has to be demoralizing. In general, this team gives up WAY too many goals and IMO too many "soft" goals. They are very inattentive in their own end. Their GF/GA stands at 49/49, and they have given up the 3rd most goals in the league! Currently they are only one point out of SEVENTH PLACE in Hockey East. We certainly have not seen the "expected" improvement out of this bunch and it just seems as though it's not going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    Real pathetic “homestand” by BU ended with a thud. Oettinger coming up small in a big moment and a team that came out overwhelmed and flat on the big stage says a lot about OC and player leadership in general. What’s worse is following the score on Hockey East website they listed Cockerill scoring with 15 secs left to time game at 6-6. Wasn’t corrected for over 5 minutes. An expected no show on Monday will put them at 4 losses in 5 games and all played in the city limits.
    seriously. mookie was expecting a 5-0-0 run here. don't see how this could have been any worse. time to start projecting line combos for 19/20

Leave a comment:

• The Zlax45
    replied
    Originally posted by defkit View Post
    I'm still upset with Sweeney for pulling him out so soon. Burning a year on your ELC is all well and good if you are a superstar, but in JFKs case, he might have been better off with an additional year of experience before getting to the next contract.

Gotta give Trent Fredric chops for finding some way to stand out in this search for a 3rd line center. I have to admit I was pretty disturbed by his parents reaction in the stands. Does a mom really like to see her son beat the snot out of someone?
    You BU fans should love Tanev getting beat up after what he did to BU ;-)

Leave a comment:

• The Zlax45
    replied
    Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    Real pathetic “homestand” by BU ended with a thud. Oettinger coming up small in a big moment and a team that came out overwhelmed and flat on the big stage says a lot about OC and player leadership in general. What’s worse is following the score on Hockey East website they listed Cockerill scoring with 15 secs left to time game at 6-6. Wasn’t corrected for over 5 minutes. An expected no show on Monday will put them at 4 losses in 5 games and all played in the city limits.
    The Hockey East website had a PC score wrong on their headline for three days this season.

Leave a comment:

• Jofa
    replied

Real pathetic “homestand” by BU ended with a thud. Oettinger coming up small in a big moment and a team that came out overwhelmed and flat on the big stage says a lot about OC and player leadership in general. What’s worse is following the score on Hockey East website they listed Cockerill scoring with 15 secs left to time game at 6-6. Wasn’t corrected for over 5 minutes. An expected no show on Monday will put them at 4 losses in 6 games and all played in the city limits.
    Last edited by Jofa; 02-02-2019, 06:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    No Bobo tonight. That makes our task significantly harder. I hope the boys can find a way to pull off the upset!
    Any info on him going forward?

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet
    replied

Okay so that game both sucked and was pretty entertaining.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

No Bobo tonight. That makes our task significantly harder. I hope the boys can find a way to pull off the upset!

Leave a comment:

• ericredaxe
    replied

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Agreed that it's a crime that BU doesn't play the MN's, MI's, Denver's, WI's, ND's (either one) of the world more than once every 4-5 years. That **** ain't right. Marquee programs should be playing each other.

And regarding comparing this year to last year, I was much more frustrated with last year's team because they were wasting a lot of talent in the first half. This team isn't nearly as talented and they're playing well of late. (I agree with the assessment that they played hard Saturday night.) I like this team. Let's see if they can surprise us with a few "effort" wins.

BU Hockey: Glass Half Full
    From a "who are the traditional powerhouses" standpoint I get what you are saying, however we have had 7 OOC games this year against teams currently ranked higher than most of those teams you mentioned. I think we are actually doing pretty good with our OOC schedule and it is neat to see teams we have not seen much of (if at all)...

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied

Agreed that it's a crime that BU doesn't play the MN's, MI's, Denver's, WI's, ND's (either one) of the world more than once every 4-5 years. That **** ain't right. Marquee programs should be playing each other.

And regarding comparing this year to last year, I was much more frustrated with last year's team because they were wasting a lot of talent in the first half. This team isn't nearly as talented and they're playing well of late. (I agree with the assessment that they played hard Saturday night.) I like this team. Let's see if they can surprise us with a few "effort" wins.

BU Hockey: Glass Half Full

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied

Well ivy's start late so the first 3 games that count will prolly be northern and union.

Let's hope it isn't another 0-3-0 kickoff
    (Unless the boys begin with hea games)

Leave a comment:

• DLG
    replied

[

As of now, I think next season's OOC opponents are (dates for home & away OOC games are TBD):

HOME
    * N. Michigan (2X)
    * Harvard
    * Brown

AWAY
    * Dartmouth
    * Union

NEUTRAL
    * Beanpot (2X)
    * Cornell (Red Hot Hockey)[/QUOTE]

another year with a terrible home schedule if true- 2 years in a row without any teams from Big Ten and NCHC
    When I raised schedule issues at Albie's introduction I was told had trouble filling out schedule so had to fill in with Northern Michigan
    We should never play two games at home together against western opponents - There are enough teams to fill out the other night

I get why we have to play two games at the away venue

Leave a comment:

• Friend_of_BU_Hockey
    replied

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    BU began the season with 8 Ds, compared with 9 the previous season. With Vidoli's departure, they're down to seven. So if everyone except Fabbro returns, that leaves six. While I agree with buoldtimer's assessment of Krys below, Chicago still might want him to turn pro rather than risk losing him after a senior year.
    Even if both Fabbro and Krys left, BU has Vlasic, McCarthy, Fensore coming in, which would bring the # of D back up to 8 for next season. Webber could also be accelerated and join the team as an 18 yo next season (I think the current plan is for him to arrive in 2020) if there was an unexpected departure on D...

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    My understanding is Albie wants to move away from early-season OOC series on the road that are out west and instead try and play them a bit later into the season in November or December.
    As of now, I think next season's OOC opponents are (dates for home & away OOC games are TBD):

HOME
    * N. Michigan (2X)
    * Harvard
    * Brown

AWAY
    * Dartmouth
    * Union

NEUTRAL
    * Beanpot (2X)
    * Cornell (Red Hot Hockey)

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Gotta give Trent Fredric chops for finding some way to stand out in this search for a 3rd line center. I have to admit I was pretty disturbed by his parents reaction in the stands. Does a mom really like to see her son beat the snot out of someone?
    I had that same reaction....although maybe it was "relief" because he didn't get killed?

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
    I understand that Fabbro is expected to turn pro. With three D coming in do you expect any others to leave school?
    BU began the season with 8 Ds, compared with 9 the previous season. With Vidoli's departure, they're down to seven. So if everyone except Fabbro returns, that leaves six. While I agree with buoldtimer's assessment of Krys below, Chicago still might want him to turn pro rather than risk losing him after a senior year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X