X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jofa
    replied
    Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    I suspect Bobo is done. Season over for team.
    Too bad I appreciate the 4 year players the most he was a good one. The four year players are the ones that should be honored.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    I suspect Bobo is done. Season over for team.

Leave a comment:

• Jofa
    replied
    Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Their dude could finish a breakaway and our dude could not. Twice. Ballgame.

Great hockey game.

Jake was immense. One of his best games as a Terrier.

Onto to UMass
    This wasn’t a matter of breakaways. NU put 24 shots on BU net in the third period alone. It was a total mismatch. When your goalie stands on his head you need to win the game.

Leave a comment:

• Jofa
    replied
    Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

An embarrassing performance tonight. Oettinger playing his best game at BU prevented it from being a 5-1 type rout. Beanpot has lost its luster so not winning not a big deal but it is a big deal to have your program run over rough shod by Arizona St, UMass and NU in successive games. Nothing against these programs but the difference in talent skill and desire should never be this great with BU’s supposed advantage in recruiting and facilities. I will say it once again OConnell gets the least out of his players on most nights and it’s a dumb team. There are enough better then average players to pull an upset now and then. Losses to Union, Minn St, QU, NU, ASU, BC. Tie at Harvard. If it’s close they usually lose, that’s character.They will lose to Umass by 4 goals on Friday bank on it. Horrible character, leadership and coaching. 9 losses at home or neutral site.
    Last edited by Jofa; 02-04-2019, 10:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied

Their dude could finish a breakaway and our dude could not. Twice. Ballgame.

Great hockey game.

Jake was immense. One of his best games as a Terrier.

Onto to UMass

Leave a comment:

• kbz
    replied
    Breakaway in overtime. Typical.

No softies by Oettinger in this one. First NU goal no call was just like the hook on McAvoy by Tampa Bay in Stanley Cup playoffs. Horrible. That said, NU carried the play.

Problem with BU is everybody is playing up one line meaning no real first liners and fourth liners would be first three scratches on a national contending team.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by PPGuru View Post
    Chickod I believe that northeastern is referencing the goal scoring drought NU is experiencing. NU has 5 goals scored in its last 5 games played. The 5 BU put up against UMass is looking good to Huskie fans.
    I just wouldn't call it a "few bumps." But I guess everything is relative. Yes, our expectations are high, so in that sense I understand.

Leave a comment:

• PPGuru
    replied

Chickod I believe that northeastern is referencing the goal scoring drought NU is experiencing. NU has 5 goals scored in its last 5 games played. The 5 BU put up against UMass is looking good to Huskie fans.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    ..you've hit a few bumps, but not the famine we are experiencing.. can't disagree with the above much.
    You're joking, right?

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    From this morning's Globe...

"Ranked No. 12 in the nation, the Huskies will be challenged by a surging BU squad in Monday’s opening-round matchup".
    ..you've hit a few bumps, but not the famine we are experiencing.. can't disagree with the above much.

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied

From this morning's Globe...

"Ranked No. 12 in the nation, the Huskies will be challenged by a surging BU squad in Monday’s opening-round matchup".

Leave a comment:

• DoubleA
    replied
    Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
    @busasquatch

Dear Fans & @BUDogPound,
    I would love to get this crowd excited and loud tonight, but I’m on injured reserve. Wrenched my back a couple days ago. I’m at the game, but am out of commission. #GoBU

8:59 PM - 1 Feb 2019
    May BU Sasquatch convalesce quickly and fully. I only have one more game I can make this regular season at Agganis vs UConn. I hope he is in action for that one.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
    And not for nothin’ but BU Hockey Hairy Guy was in the stands last night but never makes his appearance with the band waving the Terrier flag. I was amazed he never got up in a very tight game where BU needed him. 5:00 to go in the 3rd and I’m sure he’ll make an appearance. No go. Very disappointing.

@busasquatch

Dear Fans & @BUDogPound,
    I would love to get this crowd excited and loud tonight, but I’m on injured reserve. Wrenched my back a couple days ago. I’m at the game, but am out of commission. #GoBU

8:59 PM - 1 Feb 2019

Leave a comment:

• DoubleA
    replied
    Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
    The Hockey East website had a PC score wrong on their headline for three days this season.
    The Hockey East website had Patrick Holway dressed, in the line-up and with an assist against Vermont 2 months after he left the Maine team.

I thought last night vs UMass was a good game for entertainment value. Makar is the best player on the ice last night, but how does he make it to The Bigs as a defenseman? Also clear to me that Bobo being out made a real difference.

And not for nothin’ but BU Hockey Hairy Guy was in the stands last night but never makes his appearance with the band waving the Terrier flag. I was amazed (and disappointed) he never got up in a very tight game where BU needed him. 5:00 to go in the 3rd and I’m sure he’ll make an appearance. No go. Very disappointing.
    Last edited by DoubleA; 02-03-2019, 12:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Friend_of_BU_Hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    seriously. mookie was expecting a 5-0-0 run here. don't see how this could have been any worse. time to start projecting line combos for 19/20
    I previously wrote the 9-game stretch from the @ Providence game thru the Beanpot would likely define the season. 6 games in, .500 in this stretch says a lot about what this team has been and will probably be the rest of the way.

A little more thoroughness in all zones and some puck luck, and this team could've easily gone 3-1-1 in this homestand. Or even 4-1.

Even if they finish in top 4 in HE, I'm less confident in their chances getting past the HE QFs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X