• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chickod
    replied
    Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    What was Bernie’s response?
    It wasn’t really a “response,” it was more of a conversation. They were in agreement.

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied
    Originally posted by chickod View Post
    IMO, "must hear" interview...Bernie had Dave Starman on between the first and second periods. If you didn't hear it, go back to the website and listen to the replay. He said all the same things I've been saying for five years now. You need four-year players to win a national championship in today's game. Not only do the "stars" leave after one or two years, but the agents are constantly in their ears and winning is not the #1 priority. He said the "blue blood" schools are going to have to rethink the way they recruit.
    What was Bernie’s response?

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied
    Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

IMO, "must hear" interview...Bernie had Dave Starman on between the first and second periods. If you didn't hear it, go back to the website and listen to the replay. He said all the same things I've been saying for five years now. You need four-year players to win a national championship in today's game. Not only do the "stars" leave after one or two years, but the agents are constantly in their ears and winning is not the #1 priority. He said the "blue blood" schools are going to have to rethink the way they recruit.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    Raise your hand if you have actually BEEN to this game....anyone? anyone? Bueller?
    (what a dreadful experience...there are more people at a practice...)
    Here now. Mostly third and fourth lines playing.

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    Play the Cubs Fan in net. Nothing to lose (Except their 5th straight hockey game...)
    Vinnie in goal.

Leave a comment:

• wysi
    replied

Raise your hand if you have actually BEEN to this game....anyone? anyone? Bueller?
    I saw the *end* of one once... the 1987 overtime game won by a Ken Hodge Jr. goal.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied

*Crickets*

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    One hour until the saddest hockey game in the Universe.

Leave a comment:

• Bomber
    replied

One hour until the saddest hockey game in the Universe.

If this game has to be played, how about we move it to Tuesday on campus? Home team (based on pre-tournament coin flip) gets home ice.

Play the Cubs Fan in net. Nothing to lose (Except their 5th straight hockey game...)

BU Hockey: Limping to the Finish Line

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    So....a .500 (at best) team is chock full of guys who are going to go pro? No offense but when I watch the team play I'm not seeing too much in the way of NHL talent out there. I can see 1 or 2 guys but Krys for example? Okay.
    Agreed. Obviously Fabbro will leave after the season, but after him there's very solid cases to be made that all other skaters aren't ready to step into an NHL lineup. Of course that doesn't mean they'll all stay, that's unlikely.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Does "roughed up" = concussion?
    Lower body injury, not concussion.

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

So....a .500 (at best) team is chock full of guys who are going to go pro? No offense but when I watch the team play I'm not seeing too much in the way of NHL talent out there. I can see 1 or 2 guys but Krys for example? Okay.

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
    From WTBU Sports The Terriers are facing a ranked opponent for the sixth game in a row, and this will be their fifth straight game without captain Bobo Carpenter, who could be out for another week, according to O’Connell, after being “roughed up” in a Jan. 25 win over No. 12 Arizona State.
    Does "roughed up" = concussion?

Leave a comment:

• Rogie21
    replied

Originally posted by DLG View Post
    No update on Carpenter?
    From WTBU Sports
    The Terriers are facing a ranked opponent for the sixth game in a row, and this will be their fifth straight game without captain Bobo Carpenter, who could be out for another week, according to O’Connell, after being “roughed up” in a Jan. 25 win over No. 12 Arizona State.

Leave a comment:

• Puck It
    replied
    Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    Haha “old man” is that the snowflake’s latest micro aggression. Grow up and start accomplishing something in your life before you start getting up on your high horse nitwit.
    Thank you for proving my point. Also you seem to be the one getting offended, so doesn’t that make you a snowflake...?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X