X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Recall at the end fields turned to the student section and leaned back with his arms spread wide, taking it all in.

Mookie was in the lower bowl with fam next to an older whale pants wearing bc alum and his mom (!!!)
    At the end he got up and said “I hate them so much I can taste it”
    That must have been so cool seeing BU go on to lose in HE semis and BC advance to FF! Sadly, a QF series upset is all BC can dream of this year. Not that BU is going much further.

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied
    So, BU and BC went north for the weekend, and between them scored 5 goals over 4 games, including Krys’s OT ENG.

Leave a comment:

• mookie1995
    replied
    Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Yes, to Thomassian. As I recall, BU was trying to hang on in the last few minutes, Tony Voce gave them a lift by taking an obvious 5 min major.
    Recall at the end fields turned to the student section and leaned back with his arms spread wide, taking it all in.

Mookie was in the lower bowl with fam next to an older whale pants wearing bc alum and his mom (!!!)
    At the end he got up and said “I hate them so much I can taste it”

Leave a comment:

• BU93
    replied
    Re: BU Terriers 2018-19: Albie in Charge

A couple of gutsy wins on the road this weekend. So, looks like if we win out we get home ice for the QF. No small feat, but at least there's a chance. Oettinger is really in the zone right now, so that's a plus. If you want one player to be clicking come playoff time, it's your goaltender.

Leave a comment:

• brassbonanza
    replied
    Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Mark Divver is hearing Bobo Carpenter may be back in the lineup next weekend:
    https://twitter.com/markdivver/statu...149763585?s=21
    Heard the same thing from a friend last night. Hope he's ok, it was phrased as "he wants to give it a shot and see how it goes.". Hope he doesn't do any long-term harm.

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied
    Originally posted by defkit View Post
    IIRC, in the #8 over #1 series upset of BC that followed that win over UNH, VDG was injured at some point in Game 1 or 2, and we all thought he wouldn't be able to play in Game 3 at Conte. Then he was out there for the opening draw. It was an early positive sign. I believe Eric Thomassian had the big goal in Game 3.
    Yes, to Thomassian. As I recall, BU was trying to hang on in the last few minutes, Tony Voce gave them a lift by taking an obvious 5 min major.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
    That was a strong senior class two years after that including 3 very skilled players who’s stats were relatively modest but they were fun to watch with DVG, John Laliberte and Brad Zancanaro. Deserved to be in Frozen Four that year.
    IIRC, in the #8 over #1 series upset of BC that followed that win over UNH, VDG was injured at some point in Game 1 or 2, and we all thought he wouldn't be able to play in Game 3 at Conte. Then he was out there for the opening draw. It was an early positive sign. I believe Eric Thomassian had the big goal in Game 3.

Leave a comment:

• Jofa
    replied
    Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
    Wow, that was all VDG. Boy, he was a good player.
    That was a strong senior class two years after that including 3 very skilled players who’s stats were relatively modest but they were fun to watch with DVG, John Laliberte and Brad Zancanaro. Deserved to be in Frozen Four that year.
    Last edited by Jofa; 02-23-2019, 02:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Middle Street
    replied

Mark Divver is hearing Bobo Carpenter may be back in the lineup next weekend:
    https://twitter.com/markdivver/statu...149763585?s=21

Leave a comment:

• buoldtimer
    replied
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK-Msah7LME

Goal came at exactly halfway through OT (2:30) and I only count 5 Terrier skaters. So they had not pulled the goalie yet.
    Wow, that was all VDG. Boy, he was a good player.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Pretty certain they didn't. The announcers spoke of the possibility as the game headed to OT. But I believe the goal was early enough that they had not pulled him yet. The video clip is on Sean's YouTube channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK-Msah7LME

Goal came at exactly halfway through OT (2:30) and I only count 5 Terrier skaters. So they had not pulled the goalie yet.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Originally posted by DLG View Post

Vermont stream is not bad but they lack replay capability
    Yeah, I thought the quality was pretty good. The Play-by-Play guy was good, except that he kept calling Farabee "Fabbro" (and sometimes called him Kotkansalo, but those large numbers on the old-time jerseys can be tough to differentiate 28 from 26, so he gets a pass on that one). The color guy had the UVM slant you would expect (not sure who it was).

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Originally posted by chickod View Post
    Was there anything worth replaying?
    Just Farabee's near goal that they reviewed to see if the goalie's glove was in the net when he swatted the puck away. The refs saw it and concluded no goal, but would have been nice too see.

Leave a comment:

• defkit
    replied

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Didn’t BU pull the goalie in OT against UNH on the last game of the regular season and Van Der Gulik scored and they got the final playoff spot? [/run on sentence]
    Pretty certain they didn't. The announcers spoke of the possibility as the game headed to OT. But I believe the goal was early enough that they had not pulled him yet. The video clip is on Sean's YouTube channel.

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by DLG View Post
    Vermont stream is not bad but they lack replay capability
    Was there anything worth replaying?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X