No announcement yet.

UNH Commits & Recruiting: 2019 and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new recruit. A big defenseman (6-4 /196 lbs.) playing for Chicago in the USHL.

Colton Huard @ColtonHuard_77
    I am extremely proud and excited to announce my commitment to play college hockey at the University of New Hampshire. Thank you to all my friends, family, coaches and teammates that have helped me along the way! #gowildcats

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...8/colton-huard

Comment

• 2021-22
      [[[Sr.Crookshank?????]]]]------------Sr.Pierson-------So.Cafarelli
      Sr.Ward--------------------------Sr.Engaras-------[[Sr.Kelleher/Grasso????]]
      [[Sr.Sato/MacAdams????]]-----Jr.Stevenson----------So.Gendron
      So.Richels----------------------Fr.Evans-----------Sr.Esposito
      Fr.Margel------------------------Jr.Herrmann------Fr.Cronin
      Fr.Sweeney----------------------Sr.Cipollone------[[[Fr.Bakos]]]]
      Fr.J.Ring-------------------------Jr.Hankinson------

Jr.Eriksson--------Fr.Ardanaz
      Sr.MacKinnon-----So.Reid
      Sr.Verrier----------So.Jenson
      Fr.Huard----------Sr.Semandel
      So.Nagle----------Sr.Hickey

Sr.Taylor-----Fr.__________----So.Forman

2022-23
      Sr.Stevenson-------[[[[[Sr.Engaras]]]]------Jr.Cafarelli
      Sr.Ward-------------[[[[Sr.Pierson]]]]]------So.Evans
      Jr.Richels------------Fr.Turner----------------Jr.Gendron
      Fr.D.Sacco----------Sr.Herrmann-----------So.Cronin
      So.Margel-----------Fr.Leclerc--------------Fr.Devlin
      Fr.Winters----------So.Sweeney-----------Sr.Hankinson
      So.J.Ring-----------[[[So.Bakos]]]]-------[[[Sr.Esposito]]]

So.Ardanaz--------Sr.Eriksson
      Jr.Reid-------------Fr.Gagne
      Fr.Carfagna----------Jr.Jenson
      So.Huard-----------Fr.Penney
      [[[[Sr.MacKinnon]]]-----[[Sr.Verrier]]]]
      Jr.Nagle

Fr.Baliotti--------So.__________-------Jr.Forman
      Last edited by NCAA watcher; 02-02-2021, 06:09 AM.
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        A new recruit. A big defenseman (6-4 /196 lbs.) playing for Chicago in the USHL.

Colton Huard @ColtonHuard_77
        I am extremely proud and excited to announce my commitment to play college hockey at the University of New Hampshire. Thank you to all my friends, family, coaches and teammates that have helped me along the way! #gowildcats

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...8/colton-huard
        Looks good! I see he is a threat from the blue line...looking forward!
        I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• [QUOTE=NCAA watcher;n3638573]2021-22
          [[[Sr.Crookshank?????]]]]------------Sr.Pierson-------So.Cafarelli
          Sr.Ward--------------------------Sr.Engaras-------[[Sr.Kelleher/Grasso????]]
          [[Sr.Sato/MacAdams????]]-----Jr.Stevenson----------So.Gendron
          So.Richels----------------------Fr.Evans-----------Sr.Esposito
          Fr.Margel------------------------Jr.Herrmann------Fr.Cronin
          Fr.Sweeney----------------------Sr.Cipollone------[[[Fr.Bakos]]]]
          Fr.J.Ring-------------------------Jr.Hankinson------

Jr.Eriksson--------Fr.Ardanaz
          Sr.MacKinnon-----So.Reid
          Sr.Verrier----------So.Jenson
          Fr.Huard----------Sr.Semandel
          So.Nagle----------Sr.Hickey

Sr.Taylor-----Fr.__________----So.Forman

2022-23
          Sr.Stevenson-------[[[[[Sr.Engaras]]]]------Jr.Cafarelli
          Sr.Ward-------------[[[[Sr.Pierson]]]]]------So.Evans
          Jr.Richels------------Fr.Turner----------------Jr.Gendron
          Fr.D.Sacco----------Sr.Herrmann-----------So.Cronin
          So.Margel-----------Fr.Leclerc--------------Fr.Devlin
          Fr.Winters----------So.Sweeney-----------Sr.Hankinson
          So.J.Ring-----------[[[So.Bakos]]]]-------[[[Sr.Esposito]]]

'Watcher, how are you feeling about next year's blue line? I"m encouraged and need to read up on Ardanaz. Hope Angus returns but won't be surprised if he doesn't. Also....who is this Bakos you speak of? Sorry, being lazy will have to check him out on HDB...
          I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            'Watcher, how are you feeling about next year's blue line? I"m encouraged and need to read up on Ardanaz. Hope Angus returns but won't be surprised if he doesn't. Also....who is this Bakos you speak of? Sorry, being lazy will have to check him out on HDB...
            I am at a loss to try and evaluate the roster because from a personnel stand point they are underperfoming their talent (whatever limits there are there, as well). From talent and play, they seem to be able to clear the zone pretty well. They're not getting cycled in their own zone. They're also not pinching too much causing odd man rushes. But every turnover is on the stick of a guy who can snipe (unlike UNH). So, do they need a D guy with reach, or strength? He is getting good stats +/- for Chicago USHL, so seems to be a good #5/6 D complement. Alex Gagne is the same sort of bigger body, but probably is now pushed back a year.

I'm a big fan of Reid, as he has elusiveness and tight turns and comfortable with puck on his stick that the rest of the D doesn't have. Ardanaz is like that too, though not as strong. McKinnon is nondescript, not noticed a lot, which is I guess a compliment. Verrier is not high on my list-- too many penalties, mistakes, and puck handling is off. Eriksson, I haven't seen glaring mistakes, but -9 is getting to suggest not an anomaly. [Edit: A single season of +/- is a bad indicator, and in the past he hasn't been worse than his teams, so this is an outlier.] I previously commented that his role on the PP is not great, as he isn't the puck lugger, or the type to break down the D with a change of direction. Jenson was better than I was expecting. In conclusion, I'm surprised they chose to go this route on D, and I hope it isn't a retrenching by Souza on trying to win 0-0. The roster is heavy with bottom line/pairing guys, so this clogs more when they need help up top.

Don't underestimate how the lack of offense is contributing to the D woes. 2 goals a game, and that only because of 6 in the Maine game. They are underperfoming their talent by a large measure. By the eye test, Ward should be point a game, and Crookshank too. Is it because of a dead spot on the lines? Guys like Esposito, Richels, Sato have seen time on the lines because of Kelleher's injury, and they are not helpful. That's why a kid like Cafarelli is up there lately, though his conditioning is pretty weak at this point (lots of low effort plays late in shift). But he at least is creative with the puck. I like Gendron, and his injury stopped him from being the solid #3 center.
            Last edited by NCAA watcher; 02-03-2021, 06:44 PM.
            The Souza record:
            15-16 10th place
            16-17 10th place
            17-18 11th place
            18-19 8th place
            19-20 9th place
            20-21 10th place
            21-22 9th place
            22-23 10th place

Comment

• "UNH Commits Update 2-5-2021"
              The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• With the season winding down, and no real clear uncommitted goalie prospects in North America, this post makes me wonder if UNH was/is looking for a Euro goalie for next year

Mark Divver
                @MarkDivver
                ·
                Feb 12
                Harvard gets verbal commit from Aku Koskenvuo, per source. Athletic 6-4 goalie from Finland is eligible for 2021 NHL draft. Hockey East, Big 10 schools also were in on him
                The Souza record:
                15-16 10th place
                16-17 10th place
                17-18 11th place
                18-19 8th place
                19-20 9th place
                20-21 10th place
                21-22 9th place
                22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                  With the season winding down, and no real clear uncommitted goalie prospects in North America, this post makes me wonder if UNH was/is looking for a Euro goalie for next year

Mark Divver
                  @MarkDivver
                  ·
                  Feb 12
                  Harvard gets verbal commit from Aku Koskenvuo, per source. Athletic 6-4 goalie from Finland is eligible for 2021 NHL draft. Hockey East, Big 10 schools also were in on him

I think there will also be a market for goalies looking to transfer. NCAA awarded everyone another year of eligibility so there may be some backups that are looking for starting spot rather than to sit another year....just another option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                    I think there will also be a market for goalies looking to transfer. NCAA awarded everyone another year of eligibility so there may be some backups that are looking for starting spot rather than to sit another year....just another option.
                    Great. Just what UNH needs right now. Somebody else's back-up goalie for a year, two tops.

Not disputing what you're saying, Lemonade. Just a comment on this sad stare of affairs ...
                    Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                    Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Just posted: "UNH Commit JP Turner Discusses Challenging Year"

Comment

• Just posted: "UNH Commit Colton Huard: A Big, Solid Defenseman"
                        Includes interview, video highlights, scouting report and stats.

Comment

• Here's the goalie
                          After a big win in the opening round of the Hockey East Tournament on Wednesday, UNH gets a commitment from U.S. NTDP U-17 G Tyler Muszelik today.

Greg Cameron (@gregdcam) March 12, 2021

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...zy812_mini.jpg
                          tyler.muszelik
                          @TMuszelik
                          · 22m
                          I am extremely proud and humbled to announce my commitment to play division 1 hockey at the University of New Hampshire. I would like to thank my family, friends, teammates, and coaches for all the support along the way.
                          The Souza record:
                          15-16 10th place
                          16-17 10th place
                          17-18 11th place
                          18-19 8th place
                          19-20 9th place
                          20-21 10th place
                          21-22 9th place
                          22-23 10th place

Comment

Here's the goalie

After a big win in the opening round of the Hockey East Tournament on Wednesday, UNH gets a commitment from U.S. NTDP U-17 G Tyler Muszelik today.

Greg Cameron (@gregdcam) March 12, 2021

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...zy812_mini.jpg
                            tyler.muszelik
                            @TMuszelik
                            · 22m
                            I am extremely proud and humbled to announce my commitment to play division 1 hockey at the University of New Hampshire. I would like to thank my family, friends, teammates, and coaches for all the support along the way.
                            The kid turns 17 in July, and his GAA and save percentages with the NTDP aren't exactly stellar.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...tyler-muszelik

So he won't be here for another couple of years anyway, and MS7 might be gone by then ...
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• "UNH Commits Update 3-19-2021"
                              Includes up to date statistics for all UNH commits plus video highlights of Cronin, Carfagna, Gagne, Muszelik, & Sweeney

Comment

Here's the goalie
                                Is Cameron Gaelic for Commesso? Hopefully this isn't deja vu all over again. The committed part is the "flexible" word. :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X