WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2018-2019

Here's a little pre-Thanksgiving bump that shows through 7 weeks what days of the week contestants submit their picks. "I don't like Mondays..."

PickEmDOWChart

Comment

Week 8 results will be posted after Tuesday's Northern Michigan/Notre Dame game. Summary: no one is going to catch John J. MacInnes this week but he'll have to wait for Tuesday night for it to become official.

Another bonus this week, note that we're looking for total penalties called this week (not total penalty minutes). Good luck!

Week 9 picks
      View response summaries
      View response details

Comment

I guess I'm just not meant to play this game. Another week u can't place picks. [emoji848]*******https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...92.jpg********

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
          I guess I'm just not meant to play this game. Another week u can't place picks. [emoji848]*******https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...92.jpg********

I just checked the links from both a Chrome browser on a laptop and a Safari browser on my iPhone and it worked just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
            I just checked the links from both a Chrome browser on a laptop and a Safari browser on my iPhone and it worked just fine.
            I see it doesn’t work on tapatalk. Will work on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Week 8 results are in and both BGSURICK and John J. MacInnes correctly picked the winners of all 9 games this week. However, by pocketing an additional 5 bonus points, John J. MacInnes is the week 8 winner! There were 111 total penalty minutes on Saturday, the following 8 players pocketed bonus points:

Code:
              Hatch_man          7
              <3_Blizzard        5
              John J. MacInnes   5
              crossjcek          3
              Hockey John        2
              Deejpuck           1
              Soulbeaver         1
              TalonsUpPuckDown   1
              At the top of the standings, Bronco Hockey Fan surrenders the lead for the first time all year to SweeneyHawksHockey. Only seven points separates the top 4, and only one game separates the top two in the chase for the Mason Cup.

WCHA Pick Em Standings

Comment

The week 9 tri-winners are <3_Blizzard, GIWAN, and MTUHuskies who each posted 27 points. Honorable mention goes to Hatch_man and gochiefs who were a perfect 8-for-8 this week. 11 players pocketed bonus points including MTUHuskies and puckdude40 who correctly picked 91 penalties called this weekend (35 in the Ferris/Alaska series...wow...that's Federal League material right there).

Code:
                Contestant        Bonus
                MTUHuskies           10
                puckdude40           10
                Soulbeaver            9
                <3_Blizzard           7
                GIWAN                 7
                Bronco Hockey Fan     5
                MTUHuskyGold          5
                UAFIceAngel           5
                Icd80                 4
                SweeneyHawksHockey    3
                SectionP              2
                Week 10 is on tap with 10 games on the schedule so no bonus.

Week 10 picks
                View response summaries
                View response details

WCHA Pick Em Standings

Comment

The gutsiest homer pick so far this season has to go to cajunuahfan who, by being the ONLY player to correctly pick Huntsville's win over Bemidji Saturday night, joins Bronco Hockey Fan, IceKnight81, and TalonsUpPuckDown as the week 9 quad-winners with a total of 26 points. And with that big win this week, Bronco Hockey Fan jumps back into first place in what is becoming a two-person race for the McNaughton Cup with SweeneyHawksHockey. As we approach the halfway point of the season, two Nacho fans seem to know the WCHA teams better than the WCHA players. Can they keep it up?

With 8 games on tap for week 11 we'll do a 5-point bonus this week.

Week 11 picks
                  View response summaries
                  View response details

WCHA Pick Em Standings

Comment

As we approach the halfway point of the season, two Nacho fans seem to know the WCHA teams better than the WCHA players. Can they keep it up?
                    I have to say it is easier with no bias involved.
                    2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

You're probably right. I'd be doing much better if Tech won every game like I pick them to. [emoji1787]
                      Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                      I have to say it is easier with no bias involved.

Comment

I just noticed on the Saturday Ferris @ Northern game you have a "game winning goal bonus". Is that worth extra points. If so, how many points for that pick? Do you want a player name?
                        MTU Huskies 3 time NCAA Champions... and going for more.
                        2017-18 WCHA playoff Pick'em Champion!

Comment

I wish these teams who know that i pick them and win lol.

Comment

No extra bonus this week. That's simply a bug in Google Forms. That bonus will appear post-break.

Comment

As we head into the break there is a lot going on in the WCHA Pick 'Em world, but first things first. Jbakerifm won week 11 with a total score of 21 including 3 bonus points. Speaking of bonus, there were only 10 PP/SH/EA/EN goals this week with 9 players picking up bonus points. With respect to the games, 2 players correctly picked Huntsville's upset over Tech, 3 players correctly picked the Seawolves to upset the Beavers, and 4 players correctly picked BG to sweep Mankato -- but no one picked all 3.

Code:
                              Player	          Bonus
                              beaverhockeyfan	    3
                              Critical Thinker    3
                              Jbakerifm           3
                              IceKnight81         2
                              Laker Dude          2
                              UAFIceAngel         2
                              <3_Blizzard         1
                              klbaum1077          1
                              mikeeddy19          1
                              Week 12 kicks off the holiday tournament season. Here's where things are a little different from our normal weeks:

1) Since there are two WCHA teams in the GLI I've posted the possible second round matchups for Tech and Lake Superior. Pick all the games, I will only use the actual game(s) played.
                              2) I've been unable to determine what NCAA OT rules will be in place for each of the 3 tournaments (Catamount Cup, Desert Classic, GLI) so while I've provided the option to pick a tie, I recommend avoiding that option as I highly suspect each tournament game will end with a winner.
                              3) Week 13 begins with a Thursday game. I'll make sure to have the entry form available early, but for those of you who habitually submit your picks at the last second on Friday, beware.

Week 12 picks
                              View response summaries
                              View response details

WCHA Pick Em Standings
                              Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 12-16-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

2) I've been unable to determine what NCAA OT rules will be in place for each of the 3 tournaments (Catamount Cup, Desert Classic, GLI) so while I've provided the option to pick a tie, I recommend avoiding that option as I highly suspect each tournament game will end with a winner.
                                Can't help with the Catamount or Desert Classic, but I can tell you that both the consolation and championship game at the GLI will be settled by shootout if need be. They scheduled the second day as part of a tripleheader with the Red Wings that night, so the championship game can't go with unlimited overtime as has been the custom. The consolation game went to the shootout option a couple years ago, so there will be no tie.
                                Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 12-17-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X