Colgate 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2018-19

If Brown wins in LP we have a chance to get 5 teams in the NCAAs.

Comment

The only teams that are in no matter what are Q-Pac and Clarkson. If Harvard loses their semifinal Friday they are on the bubble. Cornell has to beat Union today and if not, win their semifinal against whoever it is. If Brown wins the tourney, they knock someone out, prob Cornell, or maybe even Harvard. I think maybe four possible, but not five, just saying. I'll guess three get in.
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I was thinking Cornell could survive a loss to Brown but maybe not. Of course they have to get by Union today but Union’s up 2-1 right now. Wouldn’t surprise me if that game goes OT.

Comment

Tough season, Colgate. Will tune back in next year!

Comment

Sure do wish we were heading to Lake Placid this weekend . I always considered our season a success if we made it that far, NCAA's were always a bonus to me.
            Thank God I have the Bruins and Comets.

Comment

Shabby, I am headed to Lake Placid, Allentown and Buffalo.
              Will be cheering for Clarkson and Brown in Friday’s games...
              and anybody-but-Cornell in Saturday’s title game. he he he

Comment

Amen to that, Iowa. Make sure you see the 1932 rink, right behind Herb Brooks arena. Also I highly recommend going up on the 70 meter ski jump, for 5 bucks you can get a phenominal view of the bobsled run and Whiteface mt and ski jumpers will be jumping from 10 feet in front of you, very cool.

Comment

Shabby, thanks for the tips. Last year at the ECACs, I didn’t go to the 1932 Rink (too wobbly on my feet), but friends Clarkson Doug and Alaska Mike both went and really enjoyed seeing it. I will venture over this coming weekend, as I am stronger now. We also stood on the deck in front of the practicing ski-jumpers. Wow! We visited with one mom who moved her son down from Ontario so he could train at a world-class facility. I wish I could remember his name for future Olympic-viewing.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
                      Shabby, I am headed to Lake Placid, Allentown and Buffalo.
                      Will be cheering for Clarkson and Brown in Friday’s games...
                      and anybody-but-Cornell in Saturday’s title game. he he he
                      You would cheer for Harvard over us?

Fun's fun, man, but... yikes.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Keppy, I just went to Harvard on Friday to cheer on Dartmouth (in a losing effort). I was very impressed by Harvard, especially their passing.
                        As for the programs that I really like/dislike in college hockey, I judge by teams, coaches, arenas, fans, etc. I still dislike Michigan after how their fans treated Colorado College at the Frozen Four in Cincinnati (many moons ago). I dislike North Dakota for their goon-style of hockey. And I dislike Cornell for many different reasons, including the newspaper-crinkling fans, their whiny coach, their dank arena (with no handrailings), etc., etc., etc. Sadly, I have only met two Cornell fans that I really like... long-time season-ticket-holders that are involved in the booster club. Having said all that, I live 26 miles away and go to Cornell University for film and educational programs once or twice a week. I wish I could like the hockey program enough to cheer for them just once (I guess maybe if they play North Dakota or Michigan in a tournament... maybe).

Comment

Does anyone know if ESPN+ will carry the LP games? (....not that I have anything nice to say about them)

Iowa - try to walk down the bobsled run if you can. We did it last summer - great experience. Maybe you won't be able to if it's iced up already. Or maybe you can't walk that far. Think it's 1.3 miles long. Amazing!
                          COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

ColSkate65, I officially unsubscribed to ESPN+ yesterday. To their credit, it was easy. I struggled with them early on, then watched several games (or parts of games) with no problems whatsoever, then on Sunday I couldn’t even get in anymore. The price was right and at times it was worth it for me. May try them again next season.
                            As for the bobsled run, I don’t think I could do it with my ankle-foot-leg braces. Any kind of an incline or decline is a challenge for me. And, what is weird, a slight crack or bump in a sidewalk can upset me (balance). I always look down when not using a cane. Anyway, I will have fun taking in the other Olympic sites (and John Brown’s grave).
                            Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 03-19-2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I also unsubscribed to ESPN+ when I realized they were not airing the ECACs in LP. Very nice lady I spoke with. I will definitely re-up next October. In the early stages, I did have some difficulty getting the games, or keeping the game for its entirety. But that all cleared up and I was very happy with ESPN+. Given the mass amounts of sporting events they cover, $4.99 a month is a steal (IMO). Sad not to be going to LP. Always a FUN time. Go Brown!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                                Does anyone know if ESPN+ will carry the LP games?
                                Yes, ESPN+ will be carrying both the semi-final and championship games. http://www.ecachockey.com/men/champi...ship_Fan_Guide
                                I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Working...
                                X