Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a flight schedule that got me into Rochester with plenty of time to get to harborcenter it's now four and require to get a changed my flight from Rochester to Buffalo hoping to see the beginning of the game you know it did rain in New York City today but most importantly go Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by 35TH40TH View Post
      you know it did rain in New York City today but most importantly go Tigers
      Light rain with a stray snow flake on account of the winds during my lunch break but just overcast in NYC area now.

And yes. Go Tigers.
      RPI Engineers
      RIT Tigers
      ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
        I know most of the folks who post here are homers for RIT hockey (like me) but is it just me when I think that some deserving RIT players were snubbed this year for the AHA All-Conference teams and league individual awards?

Happy for Mr.Drackett but thought i’d see a few more Tigers. Thoughts?
        I have no thoughts because I can't find an article on the conference awards on USCHO.com. Even the Atlantic Hockey Blog hasn't been updated in a year.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Welp, OT in game one. Looks like we won't be starting on time tonight. AIC limited shots and controlled play extremely well with the 3rd period lead, but with the goalie pulled for an extra attacker RMU's 5th shot of the 3rd period went in to force the extra session.
          Last edited by jflory81; 03-22-2019, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Be nice if the Tigers had gotten a few more shots on net instead of sending them wide. Plenty of opportunities; no finish (as so often happens).

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
              Be nice if the Tigers had gotten a few more shots on net instead of sending them wide. Plenty of opportunities; no finish (as so often happens).

Powers &8^]
              Disappointed in the result but not disappointed in the season. After two years in a row of first round home playoff defeats the Tigers finished higher than predicted, got a first round bye and advanced to the Harbor Center and put in a great effort that fell just short. Proud of the boys.
              RPI Engineers
              RIT Tigers
              ARMY Black Knights

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
                Disappointed in the result but not disappointed in the season. After two years in a row of first round home playoff defeats the Tigers finished higher than predicted, got a first round bye and advanced to the Harbor Center and put in a great effort that fell just short. Proud of the boys.
                Yeah I'm okay with the progress over the last few seasons and am looking forward to the next.

Maybe I missed it but aren't next year's OCC games announced already by now?

Anybody have thoughts on the venue for the conference championship? You could hear the crowd on the radio.
                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                  Yeah I'm okay with the progress over the last few seasons and am looking forward to the next.

Maybe I missed it but aren't next year's OCC games announced already by now?

Anybody have thoughts on the venue for the conference championship? You could hear the crowd on the radio.
                  Last update I had on non-conference games is that some scheduling details had to be worked out so some of this may change. Expect these, though – Brick City: Merrimack; home: two at GPC vs. UMass Lowell; away: Ice Breaker tournament in Toledo hosted by Bowling Green with Ohio State and Western Michigan also there, at Colgate (return trip for Brick City 2018), at Arizona State for two. Because the Ice Breaker doesn't count against your NCAA total, RIT will have 36 NCAA games next season.

The atmosphere at HarborCenter was great. There were at least 1,000 RIT fans and they were loud. It felt a little bit like the Ritter, since it was all bleachers and a capacity of only 1800. Even for the AIC/RMU game, it was good because of the smaller size of the venue, helped also by the RMU band.

Comment

• I will echo Ed's comments...The atmosphere in the rink was really great and much better than the BCA. Kudos for that.

Broadcast/press facilities were cramped and traffic getting away from rink was atrocious due to concert letting out

Scott
                    Scott Biggar
                    WITR - Voice of the RIT Tigers
                    Staff Writer - US College Hockey Online

Comment

I think the HarborCenter is still a band-aide fix for a bigger issue. The AIC/RMU was empty, credit to the RMU and members of the Corner Crew who go their early for providing some atmosphere. The Atmosphere for the Niagara/RIT did feel like an old D-III game, but again felt like an old D-III game. Still felt like a bit of a step backwards. Not to mention if this game is played at Blue Cross you probably draw at least 5,000 fans. Now the cost to play at BCA vs. HC I don't know. One last thing, someone was way overzelous with security last placing a security guy right in front of the crew against the glass. In 21 years of College Hockey I never seen that and it was not necessary and lead to more shenanigans in the crowd that distracted from a good playoff hockey game. So Thumbs down on who ever made that decision, don't go looking for trouble...

The game was a good Playoff hockey game, 0-0 game are normally horrible, hockey is not soccer, so it wasn't great but was still entertaining. I felt this game as a microcosm of RIT's season. They have been pretty dang good all year and on the brink of being a really special team, but just could not get over that hump. RIT controlled, no dominated the first period but as we have seen many times this year just couldn't make the dent on the scoreboard they needed to when they had the better of the play. You just can't expect to win many playoffs game when you don't finish the chances you've made. In the second I don't no if Niagara made an adjustment or just finally got to their game plan going. But they changed the game by pressuring the especially bigger and slower RIT defensemen. I don't think RIT skated the puck out of their own zone from the second period through the rest of the game. On my wish list for next season will be a more mobile defense. RIT throw way too many pucks out of their own zone, and everything turned in to long break out passes that usually didn't connect and at best was getting just tipped deep into the Niagara zone. There seem to be no adjustment by RIT on that and that was disappointing. Niagara basically used the last two periods to claw their way back even in shots and played the game I think they wanted to play. RIT top line just didn't get enough going. The one play that sticks out in my mind is when Brown stole a puck inside the Niagara line and was was 3 on 1 with his other two forwards, he was trying to get space and just didn't figure out what he needed to do and one of the best scorning chances in the period pass by with no shot on net. Get into OT your at a coin flip and it didn't go the Tigers way.

This team did take a step forward this year, as far as I am concern they should be in the Final Four every year so getting back there after a 2 year absence is a big accomplishment. However, the league title was in their reach and I felt they had the talent, but just didn't get it done. It's a small senior glass, but you do lose your top 3 forwards. There are plenty of players behind them that have the potential to achieve even more than what the players leaving did, but they do need to up their games big time next season for this program to achieve their goals. I'll take a look at the incoming glass and put it all together later...

Heartbreaking loss is never easy, but the Tigers didn't leave anything on the ice. There was no passengers and this team should be proud of the year they had, especially the seniors. The seniors leaving we thank, but they are getting off easy, there will be even harder work to do for next season...
                      Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                      The Mule
                      Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

A big thank you to Ed and Scott and the support staff for taking us to the games each weekend for those of us scattered around the country and sometimes the world. Really appreciate the effort you guys put into making the games enjoyable regardless of the outcome!
                        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                          A big thank you to Ed and Scott and the support staff for taking us to the games each weekend for those of us scattered around the country and sometimes the world. Really appreciate the effort you guys put into making the games enjoyable regardless of the outcome!
                          You’re welcome. You’re too kind. Thank you for listening!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

AIC are Atlantic Hockey champs! What a turnaround for that program.
                            RIT

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                              AIC are Atlantic Hockey champs! What a turnaround for that program.
                              With another OT win.
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                                With another OT win.
                                Just goes to show how close the top 8 teams, as well as the semifinalists, were to each other. Have we ever had 3 OT games on championship weekend before?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X