This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

The notion of Campus Site final four helping attendance is dead, at least in the Atlantic. If you take all 3 "Eastern" sites that played a quarterfinal game last night the combined paid attendance was 2,083, not even a sale out at the old Ritter. The average is just below 700. I really think HarborCenter and Blur Cross are the only two real choices. Maybe the Erie Insurance Arena would work if Mercyhurst or RMU was in it. Air Force could draw, not sure what arena are out there other than their own, but the cost to send 3 teams out there would out weigh the attendance benefits.
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
      This was a big win in Program history. After this two year slump it's big to get back to the AHA final four. I agree and am disappointed with Wayne Wilson that RIT doesn't seem to match up well with SHU. But they fought hard and got a big road series win. See you in my hometown of Buffalo!
      Found it interesting that he admitted in the post game comments that the Tigers didn't match up that well with SHU. For this series at least, the Pioneers seemed to have better team speed. Even in the two wins, the Tigers looked to be doing an awful lot of chasing. Not like that speed is going to graduate either, as the look to be freshman and sophmore lead.
      John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
      AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
      AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
      NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
      NCAA DII - 1983
      NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
        Agree with this, however if those two schools spring breaks coincide with RIT's they probably lost the 'casual' student fan which may have played a part in the dismal attendance numbers.

Was somewhat surprised to see Niagara beat AF in OT last night.
        It's not going to matter. Niagara and Canisius only care about basketball. And even with that it's secondary to UB.

The advantage of HarborCenter is for the families and players with the hotels attached and sure costs less...

Filling the arena really will depend on RIT being there. I don't think I've seen any advertising here in Buffalo for it. The league fails in more than just officiating...

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
          The notion of Campus Site final four helping attendance is dead, at least in the Atlantic. If you take all 3 "Eastern" sites that played a quarterfinal game last night the combined paid attendance was 2,083, not even a sale out at the old Ritter. The average is just below 700. I really think HarborCenter and Blur Cross are the only two real choices. Maybe the Erie Insurance Arena would work if Mercyhurst or RMU was in it. Air Force could draw, not sure what arena are out there other than their own, but the cost to send 3 teams out there would out weigh the attendance benefits.
          Imagine if the top four seeds had held serve and all advanced to the finals this year, in Buffalo. Would have had the atmosphere of a public free skate.

Your data point also lacks the detail that two of those three schools were on Spring break, which isn't the case during finals.
          Bentley University Hockey
          On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
            Imagine if the top four seeds had held serve and all advanced to the finals this year, in Buffalo. Would have had the atmosphere of a public free skate.

Your data point also lacks the detail that two of those three schools were on Spring break, which isn't the case during finals.
            The three eastern sites combine to average 2,198 through the regular season, with Bentley contributing over half of that, so it's not like the low crowds this weekend were an outlier. 5 of the 6 NCAA schools who average less than 1000 fans a game hail from Atlantic Hockey, and Canisius just barely snuck over at 1,022.

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
              The three eastern sites combine to average 2,198 through the regular season, with Bentley contributing over half of that, so it's not like the low crowds this weekend were an outlier.
              If the average was 2,198, 700 is indeed an outlier.

And if the regular season average was 2,198, what do you think the draw would be for a finals?

Comment

Alright I'll add Bentley to the maybe list. But RIT ran into same spring break stuff and still drew a lot better than 700...

Thomas M. Naeger
                The Mule

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                  Alright I'll add Bentley to the maybe list. But RIT ran into same spring break stuff and still drew a lot better than 700...
                  With 5X the student body, I sure hope so.

Comment

• Originally posted by schiegs View Post
                    With 5X the student body, I sure hope so.
                    Sounds like the makings for a pick'em thread. Mar, got some free time? 😊
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs
                      If the average was 2,198, 700 is indeed an outlier.

And if the regular season average was 2,198, what do you think the draw would be for a finals?
                      COMBINED to average 2,198. That's just over 730 per site.

Comment

Regardless of the AFA final score, the Saturday games will be interesting.
                        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                          Regardless of the AFA final score, the Saturday games will be interesting.
                          AIC-Army and Bentley-RMU series both going to a 3rd game, Niagara-AFA all tied up in the 2nd. Looks like all the quarterfinal series are going to go 3 games. Parity in the regular season continues into the post season. Gotta loveit.
                          John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                          AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                          AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                          NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                          NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                          NCAA DII - 1983
                          NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                            AIC-Army and Bentley-RMU series both going to a 3rd game, Niagara-AFA all tied up in the 2nd. Looks like all the quarterfinal series are going to go 3 games. Parity in the regular season continues into the post season. Gotta loveit.
                            With Niagara's sweep tonight, RIT will be no lower than the third seed of the four teams there. RIT will be in the late game if either AIC or Bentley win. If RMU and Army both win on Sunday, RIT would be the highest seed.

Comment

It's hard to believe Air Force got swept ... at home ... by Niagara.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                                It's hard to believe Air Force got swept ... at home ... by Niagara.

Powers &8^]
                                That statement gets harder and harder to believe as you continue. I'm shocked. And afraid of Niagara, haha
                                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
                                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                                X