This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2018/2019 - Time For The Tigers to Roar <<<

Random topic: If RIT has a bye clinched by Saturday (preferably with a win over Niagara), would you give Christian Short a "ceremonial" start on Senior Night, and put Drackett in on the first stoppage? Or would you hope the Tigers can get a big enough lead that Short can get in?
    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
    2010 Frozen Four participant
    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
      Random topic: If RIT has a bye clinched by Saturday (preferably with a win over Niagara), would you give Christian Short a "ceremonial" start on Senior Night, and put Drackett in on the first stoppage? Or would you hope the Tigers can get a big enough lead that Short can get in?
      Random answer:. Why wouldn't you just play Short the whole game and give Drackett the rest and avoid a possible injury to him. With nothing to lose in the standings, it makes sense.

Queue Winters and or Powers on how the world would end of Short were to play 🙃
      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
        It often has felt like the team plays more defensively when they have a lead, and often that gives the opponents more chances, and thus, more goals.
        Komey1, you're missing a few achievements in your signature block!
        R I T HOCKEY
        Frozen Four
        Elite Eight
        NCAA Tournament
        2010-2015-2016
        RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

• Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          Random answer:. Why wouldn't you just play Short the whole game and give Drackett the rest and avoid a possible injury to him. With nothing to lose in the standings, it makes sense.

Queue Winters and or Powers on how the world would end of Short were to play 🙃
          Home ice for the 2nd round isn't exactly "nothing to play for."

In a related matter, is this RIT's best season at the new barn? They're currently sitting at 8-4-1 (with all 4 losses coming on consecutive weekends)

Comment

• Originally posted by jflory81 View Post
            Home ice for the 2nd round isn't exactly "nothing to play for."

In a related matter, is this RIT's best season at the new barn? They're currently sitting at 8-4-1 (with all 4 losses coming on consecutive weekends)
            I'm sure the radio guys wouldn't mind another trip to let's say Waltham.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
              With how tight the standings are its virtually impossible for Saturdays game to be meaningless
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                With how tight the standings are its virtually impossible for Saturdays game to be meaningless
                I tend to agree with Tom on this one, every darn point is important given that we don’t own the tie breaker over any of the teams near us in the standings.

In regard to playing defensively with the lead it’s not only RIT. Remember how we always say a two goal lead is the most dangerous? I watched Army literally give that tie to SHU last Saturday. Even went so far as to take a penalty short before SHU pulled their goalie just to make it easier for a Johnstone from SHU to tie it up. Thought for sure that SHU would win it in OT and they almost did as they had the better chances but Army was able to hold on... Its not just RIT. We need RIT to bust open a close game in the 3rd rather than let their opponents hang around. Would love to see RIT win these last two games with a couple of blowouts with five plus goals per game heading into the playoffs. Regardless it’s going to be exciting. Will be listening to our radio guys.
                Last edited by Downstate_RIT_Fan; 02-26-2019, 08:11 PM.
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                  I'm sure the radio guys wouldn't mind another trip to let's say Waltham.
                  Are you driving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

RIT could have home ice in the second round by Thursday with this scenario: RIT beats Niagara and Sacred Heart loses to AIC on Thursday. That would put the Tigers no lower than 4th.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
                      I think it actually is impossible. Although it might depend on one's definition of what is meaningful.
                      Even if RIT wins tonight and AFA and Bentley both lose on Friday, the Tigers would be in 2nd place, but could still be caught by AFA and or Bentley (and or SHU if they win twice this week, ftm) on Saturday. That is where one's definition of meaningful comes in. All that gets them is to be the "home team" in the semi-finals. They'll still be playing the late game and it's on neutral ice, but it does give them last line change, whatever that's worth.
                      Of course all this is assuming RIT wins tonight. They've had the Purple Eagles' number so far this season and NU certainly isn't having a great time of it right now, but that's just the perfect combination of circumstances that can create a false sense of security. Hopefully that's just for us fans and not the players/coaches.
                      Can't we all just get along?
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                        Are you driving?

Well... If I can borrow my mom's car then sure!

I thought you guys always traveled on private jets to away games.✈️
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

Queue Winters and or Powers on how the world would end of Short were to play ��
                          Nice, a callout!

To answer your question, I wouldn't play Short because he is a bad goalie and we don't owe him any starts just because he is graduating. If you want to rest Drackett, play Andriano who still has 2 years left for the Tigers. But as discussed in the meantime, RIT most likely will have something to play for on Saturday and winning is more important than patting ourselves on the back for starting our senior on senior night.

Edit: I now get to edit this and say that, since we lost, there is absolutely no way Short plays on Saturday unless we're winning or losing by 5+ in the third.
                          Last edited by RIT Winters; 02-27-2019, 09:08 PM.
                          RIT

Comment

Wayne when asked about what explanation the officials gave for a missed elbow to the head of an RIT player, "That's our league".

At this point I'm just going to say it, maybe I'm the only one who can. If RIT wants to do their players right, get out of the Atlanta. If it ain't been fix by now it's not going to happen. Best I can say is I have no faith in league leadership.

As for the game, RIT played a good road game and out played Niagara. They absorbed a bad break when a seeing eye shot found its way through a crowd. In the third they dominanted even during the 5 minute PK. The game came down to 3 defensive plays.

First a bad decision in the neutral zone that caused the turnover that lead to the second Niagara goal. What was bizarre was watching the defenseman who turn the puck over chase his dropped stick into the Niagara zone. While there was an odd man rush against our Net!

Then after RIT they had two plays where they moved the Puck had point men could walk in for great scoring chance. One missed the net and the other missed played the puck.

Lucky NU bounce later you not only lose the two points you worked hard for, but also the one point that would earn you a bye and give Gabe an extra week to heal up.

Frankly they deserve it, all the lessons and they still get bit in the tail. An annoying theme for the last two years. Bury the chances boys or its going to be another short playoff run...

Thomas M. Naeger
                            The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                              Are you driving?

I'll pick you up, but I ain't carrying the equipment.

Also guys just leave it be on Short. Kids giving his all, he is a good kid, just let it be...

Thomas M. Naeger
                              The Mule

Comment

Queue Winters and or Powers on how the world would end of Short were to play ��
                                Wait, what?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Working...
                                X