Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I also recommended Honolulu, but was told bus only.
    There are ways we could make such a trip unpleasant. For instance, by making a team bus part, or all of the way to a random airport before a flight.

The assistant commish is investigating the possibility of a charter, in an old plane, with very inconvenient connections. Stay tuned. No guarantees, though, as even cheap charters tend to be expensive. Also, it won't be HNL - the weather is too nice, and fans might actually show up.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      There are ways we could make such a trip unpleasant. For instance, by making a team bus part, or all of the way to a random airport before a flight.

The assistant commish is investigating the possibility of a charter, in an old plane, with very inconvenient connections. Stay tuned. No guarantees, though, as even cheap charters tend to be expensive. Also, it won't be HNL - the weather is too nice, and fans might actually show up.
      Would ships be taken under consideration? They're a lot slower.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
        I'm going to nominate Point Roberts, WA for the West Regional.

https://www.citylab.com/design/2012/...shington/1265/

Let's flood the inside of the Community Center and freeze it.
        We can put the West regional here...

If Fade can pull this off... we can put the Futile Four here. Extra coffee for him if he can get us somewhere near the lava.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          If Fade can pull this off... we can put the Futile Four here. Extra coffee for him if he can get us somewhere near the lava.
          Hawaii is still too nice. I poked around for options in Iceland, since we could easily shoehorn all of the teams into a single WOW Air charter flight for a song, but my initial review of the country's 3 indoor rinks has determined they are all too nice (as are the nearby towns). There is, of course, plenty of glacier ice near the active volcanoes if we were to take things outdoors, but we can do much worse, so for now I will yield the floor to other bids.

Comment

Did we ever go to the Planet Ice Rink in Lafayette, LA? If not, put it on the list of candidates.

Another possibility - MCM Ice Rink at the Music City Mall in Odessa, TX. We've had fun with mall locations before.
            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 09-04-2018, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Did we ever go to the Planet Ice Rink in Lafayette, LA? If not, put it on the list of candidates.

Another possibility - MCM Ice Rink at the Music City Mall in Odessa, TX. We've had fun with mall locations before.
              We did Lafayette last year for the Futile Four.
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

We did Lafayette last year for the Futile Four.
                That's right, I forgot. Which is a good thing, no one should be remembering this tournament. Didn't Rachael Ray cater her abominable Chicago Dog Salad?

I wonder what Guy's gonna serve up. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will involve bacon, beer, hot sauce, and cars.

Comment

That's right, I forgot. Which is a good thing, no one should be remembering this tournament. Didn't Rachael Ray cater her abominable Chicago Dog Salad?

I wonder what Guy's gonna serve up. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will involve bacon, beer, hot sauce, and cars.
                  She did.

I'm hearing Planet Ice Rink wants a regional. They will take Pabst as payment.

Comment

Can we put the Hot Topic in play?

Comment

RIT not at #1

Rigged

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
                        RIT not at #1

Rigged
                        Yawn. Complaints about the rankings can go in the big round file by my desk.

Now, get me some coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
                          RIT not at #1

Rigged
                          In my neck of the woods, they're commonly confused. Close enough?

Comment

Fade, I looked at your mall rink. Assuming we can put the Pac Sun, Hot Topic, and one of those awful kiosks in play... we will put the South Regional there.

Unfortunately, even though I wanted to put a regional in Florida where the red tide was... even that was too nice.

This is what I have for regionals right now, and I think we'll go here, unless someone can convince me to go elsewhere:

South: Odessa, TX
                            West: Point Roberts, WA
                            East: Summit at Mt Washington (special guest ref: Marty the Cat)
                            Midwest: Laurium, MI

Still need a location for the Futile Four.
                            Last edited by MissThundercat; 09-06-2018, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Still need a location for the Futile Four.
                              I followed up on some outdoor possibilities in Oklahoma and Kansas, but they all close in January or February.

Comment

I followed up on some outdoor possibilities in Oklahoma and Kansas, but they all close in January or February.
                                Last year, we used a roller rink, but made them use a puck. What about some crappy field with a rubber puck?

Comment

Working...
                                X