Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
    That's unbelievably generous. Please tell me it's decaf Maxwell House.

    GFM
    Who was the famous actor that did not get the male voice part that said "Honey, that was a great cup of coffee?" in the old Maxwell House TV commercial?

    Comment


    • Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

      RPI 2, UML 1...

      Regardless of what Flaggy thinks, RPI will probably drop out of the top (bottom) 10 with this one. An unlikely sweep would move them to the bubble.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

      Comment


      • Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

        Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        Who was the famous actor that did not get the male voice part that said "Honey, that was a great cup of coffee?" in the old Maxwell House TV commercial?
        Arnold Schwarzenegger
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX


        The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

        Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

        this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

        Comment


        • Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

          The gas stations of Cloudcroft were all put in a hat, with the food supplier for the "NoWinS" determined by a blind draw.

          The loser...er, 'winner'...is Allsup's Convenience, a 24 hour gas and snack stop famous for their toxic Bean and Beef Burritos. Per the request of the tournament committee, the items for the NoWinS have already been set aside to ensure they get nice and spoiled by December 21.

          Comment


          • Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

            Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
            The gas stations of Cloudcroft were all put in a hat, with the food supplier for the "NoWinS" determined by a blind draw.

            The loser...er, 'winner'...is Allsup's Convenience, a 24 hour gas and snack stop famous for their toxic Bean and Beef Burritos. Per the request of the tournament committee, the items for the NoWinS have already been set aside to ensure they get nice and spoiled by December 21.
            You're just ON IT! The Committee has allotted $10 extra to give Allsup's if they throw in some of these burritos.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Happy View Post
              Arnold Schwarzenegger
              Excellent try. But, it was Harrison Ford who ad libbed the line as a joke in the breakfast table scene in the film Witness. The Australian director knew nothing about the TV commercial nor Ford's rejection for the part, but loved the line, and kept it in.
              Last edited by Snively65; 11-24-2018, 08:14 PM.

              Comment


              • Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

                There will be a shakeup come December. RPI will have to return to their woeful ways to stay in the top 6.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  There will be a shakeup come December. RPI will have to return to their woeful ways to stay in the top 6.
                  They're on National TV Friday night vs. God. Will they smite be smitten?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

                  ”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

                  Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

                  I want to live forever. So far, so good.

                  Comment


                  • Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

                    This week's trivia question is opined by Marty the Cat, MWO mascot at the summit of Mount Washington, NH, location once again for the NE regional. Which site is the higher elevation, the summit parking lot at Mount Washington, orrrrrr ....... the rink at the SW regional in Cloudcroft, NM?

                    Comment


                    • Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

                      I've actually been to Cloudcroft, NM. Excellent choice on the committee's part. I believe nearby is a solar observatory that was suddenly invaded by the FBI, all the people removed and the place sealed last summer. So be prepared for possible change of plans.
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

                      Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        This week's trivia question is opined by Marty the Cat, MWO mascot at the summit of Mount Washington, NH, location once again for the NE regional. Which site is the higher elevation, the summit parking lot at Mount Washington, orrrrrr ....... the rink at the SW regional in Cloudcroft, NM?
                        EDIT: oops, make that the Northern Winter Solstice (NoWinS) classic, NOT the SW regional at Cloudcroft, for which Marty the 🐱 is still waiting for an answer to the altitude trivia question.
                        Last edited by Snively65; 11-28-2018, 10:42 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

                          Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          EDIT: oops, make that the Northern Winter Solstice (NoWinS) classic, NOT the SW regional at Cloudcroft, for which Marty the 🐱 is still waiting for an answer to the altitude trivia question.
                          I'm not one to upset Marty, so here's your answer.

                          8668ft - Cloudcroft, NM
                          6288ft - Mt. Washington, NH

                          So the NoWinS...wins.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

                            Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            I'm not one to upset Marty, so here's your answer.

                            8668ft - Cloudcroft, NM
                            6288ft - Mt. Washington, NH

                            So the NoWinS...wins.
                            Yes! And, by a lot, about 2400 ft, as the upper parking lot at Mount Washington is at least 20 ft vertical below the summit.
                            Last edited by Snively65; 11-30-2018, 01:51 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

                              That's good, the four teams will have to battle against altitude sickness too. Cloudcroft is looking like a real winner...er, loser.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Bottom Feeders 2018-19: Just So You Know, They Really Suck

                                Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                That's good, the four teams will have to battle against altitude sickness too. Cloudcroft is looking like a real winner...er, loser.
                                Will be even worse on the ice than watching from the nose bleeds seats at the old Boston Gahden!.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X