Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

    Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Hey duckass, we aren't obnoxious drunks....just drunks.
    "Well that's debatable!"
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

      Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      Pro-rink not on a college campus. Ever been to a Frozen Four before? How about a game played in an NHL teams facility?
      Yes, as a matter of fact, that was my 8th FF - with most in NHL rinks, and I had never purchased beer before.
      STEAMER Hockey

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
        We were at the Fan Fest for the semis waiting in line for a beer in the freezing cold when a guy went up on stage and said he had a historic FF announcement to make. He said "beer and wine will be sold throughout the arena for the first time ever". We promptly got out of the line went into the arena and got a craft beer in a warm environment. Beer had only previously been available in suites at the FF. Of course, the most obnoxious drunk, screaming and whistling during his team's game, just happened to be seated behind us in the club level. Can you guess what school he was cheering for?
        Had to be a Notre Dame fan.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

        Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

          Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          Hey duckass, we aren't obnoxious drunks....just drunks.
          I beg to differ.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

          Comment


          • #35
            Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

            Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            Hey duckass, we aren't obnoxious drunks....just drunks.
            Not just a river in Egypt.

            Comment


            • #36
              Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

              In another article from the Indianapolis Business Journal I found this line: "NCAA championships in lacrosse, wrestling, volleyball and ice hockey will likely be selling beer by 2018, said sources close to the NCAA. And sports marketers think now that beer and wine will almost certainly be sold at the 2019 Final Fours." The wrestling championship was 21-23 March, the FF was 5-7 April, the men's volleyball championship will be 3-5 May and the lacrosse championship will be 26-28 May. I have no idea if alcohol was sold at the wrestling championships, but it seems that the NCAA fast-tracked alcohol sales for the Frozen Four and it will be interesting to see if the volleyball and lacrosse championships also sell alcohol.

              One other interesting line in the article was: "The sites that would be allowed to sell alcohol must already be set up to sell alcohol for non-NCAA events. For instance, you couldn’t roll out a cooler or a keg and start selling beers in a field at the NCAA cross country championship event." For the men's hockey tournament I believe all the regional sites normally sell alcohol, so I would expect them to do so starting next year. However, for some women's events, like the Frozen Four, it would depend on whether the arena hosting normally has alcohol sales. The next four will be be at the following:
              2019: TD Bank Sports Center, Hamden CT (Hosted by Quinnipiac)
              2020: Agganis Arena, Boston MA (Hosted by Boston University)
              2021: Erie Insurance Arena, Erie PA (Hosted by Mercyhurst)
              2022: Pegula Ice Arena, University Park PA (Hosted by Penn State)
              Agganis sells alcohol, so I would think BU will want to sell it in 2020. However, with the women's FF moving between arenas that sell alcohol and those that don't I have no idea how the NCAA will handle the matter.

              Sean
              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

              BU Hockey Games
              BU Hockey highlights and extras
              NCAA Hockey Financials
              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

              Comment


              • #37
                Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

                Probably from a tap.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

                  Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  Had to be a Notre Dame fan.
                  Nope. Not Notre Dame

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

                    Is reading the articles that hard?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

                      Originally posted by Joey13 View Post
                      How were they able to serve beer in St. Paul? I had never seen that before?
                      Because beer is the only thing that makes being in Minnesota tolerable.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

                        Originally posted by Joey13 View Post
                        How were they able to serve beer in St. Paul? I had never seen that before?
                        Pull the tap back and let the liquid pour.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

                          Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                          Because beer is the only thing that makes being in Minnesota tolerable.
                          This is the first thing that a Techie has ever said that I agree with.
                          Originally posted by alfablue
                          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

                            Originally posted by scoreboard View Post
                            We were at the Fan Fest for the semis waiting in line for a beer in the freezing cold when a guy went up on stage and said he had a historic FF announcement to make. He said "beer and wine will be sold throughout the arena for the first time ever". We promptly got out of the line went into the arena and got a craft beer in a warm environment. Beer had only previously been available in suites at the FF. Of course, the most obnoxious drunk, screaming and whistling during his team's game, just happened to be seated behind us in the club level. Can you guess what school he was cheering for?
                            That would fit the ohio state persona to a "T" except that ohio state doesn't have any hockey fans. I saw one in Tom Reid's but that was it.
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              That would fit the ohio state persona to a "T" except that ohio state doesn't have any hockey fans. I saw one in Tom Reid's but that was it.
                              Nope. Not Ohio State. So, with previous guesses UMD and Notre Dame being incorrect, think about which team is left....

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Re: How were they aable to serve beer in St. Paul?

                                Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                                This is the first thing that a Techie has ever said that I agree with.
                                Unfortunately even beer doesn't help Washtenaw County [emoji23]

                                Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X