• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Shot and a Goal
    replied
    Re: NonConference games matter more than conference ones..RPI needs changes

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
    Yes. Yes I would. Make it nachos and you've got a deal.
    Uncle Ray, As usual in your daily drunken stupor, you're trying to get everyone to wrap their arms around this whole "use the simple math" theory of picking teams to go to the NCAA hockey tournament. I have an alternate suggestion first posed years ago by then Senator Bill Bradley. Asked how he thought the next president of the United States should be chosen Bradley replied, "free throws." Now go get me a marg. Bottoms up.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
    FF, you're right, the computer spits out what it is programmed to: SIMPLE FREAKING MATH.

What I think you're having a tough time wrapping your arms around is the fact that the SIMPLE FREAKING MATH is not about conference play only, it is about how a team plays against all other DI teams AND THEIR OPPONENTS. It is far more comprehensive than what you in your myopia what to consider. And that means that, in the long run, it is far more fair. An aircraft carrier could be floated in the river you're crying. Man up for crying out loud.
    Fixed. You play good teams OOC, and beat them.....just saying.

Leave a comment:

• UncleRay
    replied

Originally posted by freedomfighter View Post
    Act adult. If you don’t agree. You don’t. It’s not simple math. A computer only spits out what u program it to.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    It IS simple math. You just don't like the results.
    FF, you're right, the computer spits out what it is programmed to: SIMPLE FREAKING MATH.

What I think you're having a tough time wrapping your arms around is the fact that the SIMPLE FREAKING MATH is not about conference play only, it is about how a team plays against all other DI teams. It is far more comprehensive than what you in your myopia what to consider. And that means that, in the long run, it is far more fair. An aircraft carrier could be floated in the river you're crying. Man up for crying out loud.

Leave a comment:

• freedomfighter
    replied
    Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    BC won the HE tournament that year. At least with his Penn State example they didn't win their tournament this year (at least i think he's talking about this year).
    Yes. That year New Hampshire was #1. BU was #2. Only NH AND BC went to the NCAA from HE. BC won the National Title.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied
    Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Going by your conference record criteria BU should have been selected over BC for the 2008 NCAA Tournament. BC finished 4th, 4 points behind BU, who finished second, and 2 points behind Vermont, who finished third.

Sean
    BC won the HE tournament that year. At least with his Penn State example they didn't win their tournament this year (at least i think he's talking about this year).

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

That was for SJHovey

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Act adult. If you don’t agree. You don’t. It’s not simple math. A computer only spits out what u program it to.
    It IS simple math. You just don't like the results.

Leave a comment:

• J.D.
    replied

You're making it sound like there are a lot of eastern leagues or that every one of their RS champions lost in first round. Cornell is the only team that meets your parameters.

The ECAC stunk and BC was basically on par with BU. Maybe they win a game, maybe not. No "eastern" teams even made the FF so doesn't really matter.

Leave a comment:

• freedomfighter
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    If there is one thing this year’s tournament needed it was one more eastern regular season champion to get unceremoniously dumped in the first round.
    as opposed to #2 getting dumped in the first round. Or a 4th place with a losing conference record? BC under Jerry York did not finish as high in the Uscho polls as the prior late Len C. But he knew how to win in the NCAA playoffs. So do not be so sure.
    Last edited by freedomfighter; 04-08-2018, 07:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied

If there is one thing this year’s tournament needed it was one more eastern regular season champion to get unceremoniously dumped in the first round.

Leave a comment:

• freedomfighter
    replied

EVERYONE... It is really difficult for me to follow how the reply and threads word on my iPad. So politely excuse me for duplicates. I am a 67 year old BC who has seen a lot of hockey over time. And yes I find it difficult to follow how RPI works at times...but that doesn’t require some of you to be abusive to what you don’t agree with.

I do find it not equitable to finish on top of league twice and get passed over for teams that finished lower in the same league or have another team with a LOSING conference record go instead. THAT IS NOT STUPID OR INCOMPREHENSIBLE TO QUESTION THE SYSTEM.

Thank you for those who politely disagreed and explain why. Lack of civil discourse is what the USA is suffering from.

Leave a comment:

• freedomfighter
    replied
    Going by your conference record criteria BU should have been selected over BC for the 2008 NCAA Tournament. BC finished 4th, 4 points behind BU, who finished second, and 2 points behind Vermont, who finished third.

Sean
    BC won the league tournament and got the automatic bid THAT YEAR. I aM not disagreeing over the automatic bid that 4th place BU got THIS YEAR.

Leave a comment:

• freedomfighter
    replied
    [QUOTE=MissThundercat;6652796]

I think you're just upset because BC doesn't get a "legacy" bid.
    You don’t know me or what is in my mind.

Leave a comment:

• freedomfighter
    replied
    Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    Thin skinned much? His argument is misleading and I was pointing out that BC finished 3rd on tiebreakers. What happens if there's a 3 way tie in the AHA or WCHA, should all three make it? You need to draw a line somewhere.
    Over #4 and #5

Leave a comment:

• freedomfighter
    replied

Sean
    The reason BC went was that it won the conference tournament. I am not complaining about it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X