Congrats to the Dogs and their fans.

Comment

Re: UMD Bulldogs National Champions!

Congrats UMD fans!!
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        Come on man! Its a University of Minnesota branch. How can you not be 100% on board?
        The attitude of the majority of their fans after they won the first title. Which carried on for the next 5 years.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Come on man! Its a University of Minnesota branch. How can you not be 100% on board?
          I know. I fully expect the Gophers to raise a banner next season and start counting the Bulldogs' titles as their own.

I guess on the plus side, it gives the "State of Hockey" their seventh national championship, moving it into fifth place for states with the most national championships.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            I know. I fully expect the Gophers to raise a banner next season and start counting the Bulldogs' titles as their own.

I guess on the plus side, it gives the "State of Hockey" their seventh national championship, moving it into fifth place for states with the most national championships.
            I didn't want to say it, but since you did, this is exactly what I was thinking. Why are we surprised that there are Gopher fans trying to take partial credit for this?
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Don't be bitter. You're program also exists thanks to the state of Minnesota.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                I didn't want to say it, but since you did, this is exactly what I was thinking. Why are we surprised that there are Gopher fans trying to take partial credit for this?
                We're just celebrating. Its the U of M. I thought that would be clear.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by fighting sioux 23 View Post
                  i know. I fully expect the gophers to raise a banner next season and start counting the bulldogs' titles as their own.

I guess on the plus side, it gives the "state of hockey" their seventh national championship, moving it into fifth place for states with the most national championships.
                  lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    Those Gopher fans are nuts. Most Gopher fans weren't even cheering for tUMD. They were, grudgingly, rooting for the C3P0s. Had some east coasters visiting, various schools, and they were utterly confused at the non-fandom of tUMD in the state.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      Those Gopher fans are nuts. Most Gopher fans weren't even cheering for tUMD.
                      Would you propose that all the Gopher jerseys at the game were worn by UMD fans? I guess anything is possible.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Man, Gopher fans are taking tonight's game pretty rough.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

This whole urge to take personal ownership of the success of someone else's kids is so strange. I'm not dissing you, 5mn.

Comment

Gopher fans are taking tonight's game pretty rough.
                            ...which is why I was the first one on the site to congratulate the Bulldogs.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Would you propose that all the Gopher jerseys at the game were worn by UMD fans? I guess anything is possible.
                              tUMD fans would never wear a Gopher jersey. Not a single Gopher fan we ran into today on our pub crawl (had about 12-15 people) met a Gopher fan rooting for tUMD. The fanbase is just that intolerable because they won ONE title. Honestly. That's it. They are not elite yet. Some good runs, sure, but not a blue-blood school. Yes, that is tArrogance talking, and it's justified.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                This whole urge to take personal ownership of the success of someone else's kids is so strange. I'm not dissing you, 5mn.
                                I'm not sure where this personal ownership stuff is coming from. I'm just really pleased that they won an NC...and that's the case because they are geographic neighbors, full of Minnesotans and part of the U of M system. Its really not more complicated than that.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X