• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlagDUDE08
    replied
    Re: Tragedy for the Humboldt Broncos

Over 5.5 mil now.

Good of the NHL to take the time to honor those who perished during a number of their games. It was quite touching to also see the picture of the Blackhawks and Jets next to opposite team members around centre ice to show their solidarity. Shows how much the roots really matter to all of these players even at the professional level, and how despite our differences in brand loyalty, we all still show our love for hockey itself.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• icehawk
    replied

A hockey team was in the restaurant today & a stranger paid their entire over $300 bill in honour of the Humboldt Broncos. The team is now donating the money they planned on spending to the players & families affected. There is still so much good in the world

Leave a comment:

• northeastern
    replied
    Originally posted by chickod View Post
    We're not perfect. Another reason why we should live every day to its fullest and be thankful for what we have.
    +1 ✔

Leave a comment:

• chickod
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I may be crucified for this, but I feel it needs to be said. I feel for that truck driver, having to live with that guilt for the rest of his life. That weight on his shoulders....yes it's his fault from the reports, and he should feel guilt, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have major sorrow.....
    I agree with you. When I was young, my mother was driving and didn't see a little boy rolling down his steep driveway on his bicycle. She hit him and he had a head injury...he lived, but she never really got over that guilt.

We're not perfect. Another reason why we should live every day to its fullest and be thankful for what we have.

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    The gofundme has eclipsed 3 million, currently around 3.2M.

While I'm sure it isn't entirely hockey community donations, I've gotta believe the majority are. It doesn't surprise me, but I'm always impressed with how the hockey community rallies around their own when times get tough, no matter where or who it is.
    Hockey, especially non-NHL hockey, is really a close-knit group. There's a reason that there are friends in most any city when we travel. Niche sport with die-hard fans.

I may be crucified for this, but I feel it needs to be said. I feel for that truck driver, having to live with that guilt for the rest of his life. That weight on his shoulders....yes it's his fault from the reports, and he should feel guilt, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have major sorrow.....

Leave a comment:

• hockeyplayer1015
    replied

The gofundme has eclipsed 3 million, currently around 3.2M.

While I'm sure it isn't entirely hockey community donations, I've gotta believe the majority are. It doesn't surprise me, but I'm always impressed with how the hockey community rallies around their own when times get tough, no matter where or who it is.

Leave a comment:

• boblav1
    replied

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    10 players
    2 coaches
    Radio PBP
    Bus Driver
    Volunteer Statistician

RIP to you all

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

10 players
    2 coaches
    Radio PBP
    Bus Driver
    Volunteer Statistician

RIP to you all

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ralph Baer
    replied

Looking at a picture of the crash site https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/07/w...bus-crash.html it is surprising that anyone survived.

Leave a comment:

• CU13
    replied

This is such a horrible tragedy. My heart is breaking for the team's families/friends/fans/opponents. The bus trips are something I always think about when my beloved Colgate women's and men's hockey teams take to the road. Thinking of those in Humboldt.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X