St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Was talking with a couple others, and they said there was ONE decent tUMD fan they met. I asked, "Biddy?" "Yeah, that's the one." That's how bad your fanbase has acted in attitude. /truestory
    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Re: St. Paul Frozen Four 2018: ND, UMD, OSU, MI

biddy is the best!!
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        I was doing a little research, and it surprised me that in 71 NCAA Tournaments, the previous season's runner-up has made it back to the National Championship Game 14 times (20% of the time). Those teams are 10-4 in their subsequent championship game appearance.

I was also surprised, to a lesser extent, to see just how good Minnesota Duluth has been this decade. The Bulldogs are in their 3rd title game and have won 13 NCAA Tournament games this decade...both of which are more than any other program in the country. If they win on Saturday, they'll tie BC for the most national titles in the decade. Scott Sandelin's squad is certainly making its case for "Program of the Decade." Kudos.
        Not too shabby!
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
          For all you Melrose bashers, he had the line of the night after Duluth scored #2, something along the lines of " the band is fired up, the girls are looking cuter ". You can't make that stuff up ( but HE can ).
          My criticism for Melrose is that unlike Starman and Bucci, he doesn't seem to keep up with college hockey until right before he has to call an NCAA game. I'm guessing his first words when flying into MSP were "Now who is in the frozen four this year?"... I'm not sure if he uttered this before or after he had to peel his greasy mudflap from the airplane seat headrest. Jokes on him though for us NoDak fans, he can't jinx UND when they aren't even in the tourney. Ha ha, suck it Barry.

Comment

Hanging with UNH fans, and a couple SLU fans. Did a pub crawl today, and they love our beer scene. Also, the UNH fans really truly realized that when MN talks about the cold climate, we mean it. "How can you deal with this year after year?!"

To be fair, it's about 20-30 degrees below average for this time of year. And most of us native MNs were walking around in 3-4 layers (shirts/hoodies) and no jacket. Wasn't that bad today.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Hanging with UNH fans, and a couple SLU fans. Did a pub crawl today, and they love our beer scene. Also, the UNH fans really truly realized that when MN talks about the cold climate, we mean it. "How can you deal with this year after year?!"

To be fair, it's about 20-30 degrees below average for this time of year. And most of us native MNs were walking around in 3-4 layers (shirts/hoodies) and no jacket. Wasn't that bad today.
              Was at a lot of the Twins game today, was actually a beautiful day. Wish it was a beautiful February day, but no complaints from me.
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Incredible atmosphere here tonight as well. Awesome crowd.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Brent

SLU and Clarkson understand cold.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• "..the North Dakot.. er, Notre Dame team.."
                    Barry, call it a career.
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

If Notre Dame is going to pull of more thrilling heroics in the dying moments, they better get it going!

Comment

Are wegwerth and brauer 4th liners? Why are you skating 4th line with 3 minutes left?

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                          If Notre Dame is going to pull of more thrilling heroics in the dying moments, they better get it going!
                          Or does Notre Dame have UMD right where they want them?
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

In all these one goal wins by ND, don't think any of them had them needing a goal in final minutes to tie. They looked absolutely clueless on what to do.

Comment

• From barely getting in.. to the NC!
                              Congrats UMD Bulldogs
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Brent

SLU and Clarkson understand cold.
                                SLU fans didn't complain as much, this is true. East coast (due to water effect) is milder, and gets more snow. We're just cold. I believe today was the warmest of the weekend at 32 degrees for a high, 7 for a low. Yesterday was about the same temp, but the wind was brutal, I'll admit that. And when carousing about town, the buildings create corridors of higher winds (it seems like).
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X