• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteveO
    replied
    Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers Season Off-Season Thread 2018

Originally posted by Koho View Post
    Sucks there is no coverage of the Notre Dame series, and they had to pick the St. Lawrence game I am not attending to not broadcast. Every game should be on TV, with constant replaying of the game until the next one.
    ND and NBC are locked into a TV deal until 2025, so I'm assuming NBCSN will pick up those games like last season with the second game on a live stream via the NBC Sports app and NBCSports.com.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
    Sucks there is no coverage of the Notre Dame series, and they had to pick the St. Lawrence game I am not attending to not broadcast. Every game should be on TV, with constant replaying of the game until the next one.

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied

2018-19 B1G TV SCHEDULE

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
    McLaughlin out 6-8 weeks before the season even starts because Minnesota.
    That's unfortunate. Any additional details as to what happened? Hopefully nothing to do with a scooter...

Leave a comment:

• Bonin21
    replied

McLaughlin out 6-8 weeks before the season even starts because Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    It will be interesting to see the coaching change impact on tDon's players, could be bumpy, could be seamless.
    There will be some speed bumps like any season, but I don't suspect any major problems based upon the coaching change. Players have embraced the change and are excited for the season to start. Will Granato and the BADgers have another mediocre season?

Leave a comment:

• Timothy A
    replied

It will be interesting to see the coaching change impact on tDon's players, could be bumpy, could be seamless.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Agree with SteveO that the Gophers will finish better than 4th, and agree with Slap Shot that they will be motivated to prove it. They will also be extra motivated to show the new coaching staff that they are a key cog in the lineup, be on the first power play unit, etc.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    I'm still here! Just waiting for the season to start...
    In the meantime I see that Pittlick and Sheehy have been named to the "B1G Watchlist" and the Gophers are projected to finish in the middle of the pack (4th) in the final league standings.

https://gophersports.com/news/2018/9...gn=GopherDaily
    While the methodology may or may not have been as simple as ranking per FF results from last season the fact is the conference is much stronger than it was even 3 years ago and the Gophers have a lot to answer for regarding last season. Add in the loss of some key players and a new coaching staff and there's a lot to be unsure of for this team.

I personally don't think the losses are as significant as some at GPL - certainly no more than any strong program should expect during most off-seasons. The new adds imho have more potential as Fr. than last year's class (save Mittelsdorf) and I find it highly unlikely they have as little development as they did from two season's ago to last. Add in a likely better PP and offense...

That said the 4th place pick doesn't offend me and I look forward to them proving it wrong.

Leave a comment:

• SteveO
    replied

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    In the meantime I see that Pittlick and Sheehy have been named to the "B1G Watchlist" and the Gophers are projected to finish in the middle of the pack (4th) in the final league standings.

I have little confidence in the predictability of the B1G preseason poll. This was last season:

2017-18 BIG TEN PRESEASON POLL

Minnesota
    Notre Dame
    Wisconsin
    Penn State
    Ohio State
    Michigan
    Michigan State

USCHO preseason poll appears to be based upon who went to the FF last season. Meh... Drop the puck and we'll see. I predict the Gophers will be better than 4th in the B1G.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Still here, just not as much as I used to be.

Leave a comment:

• D2D
    replied

Of course the fact there are only about 3 USCHO Gopher fans left, doesn't help my odds.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

just to show you how much of a jerk he is, he isn't a college hockey fan.
    Of course the fact there are only about 3 USCHO Gopher fans left, doesn't help my odds.

Leave a comment:

• Koho
    replied

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Sell them at reduced value to the jerk. Everybody wins.
    just to show you how much of a jerk he is, he isn't a college hockey fan.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied

Anybody looking for 4 tickets to the game in Duluth? Might be getting rid of mine. I looked at the schedule and saw the game in Duluth was first so assumed it was Friday, which was perfect since a couple I work with and have been friends with for 25 year are having a duel retirement party Saturday. When I got online I saw it was Saturday and completely forgot about the party and bought the Tix. I will still go if I can't sell them, so am only interested in selling for face value and all four. But thought I'd ask here. I do have a 'friend' (I put in quotes because he is a Bulldogs fan) who might know someone. I don't get many chances to go to games, so if I sell them, the weather better be nice, the jerk from work better not be there, and it better be a good party (will partly be determined by the jerk not being there).
    Sell them at reduced value to the jerk. Everybody wins.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X