Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

What a great win.
    - Cornell was faster than I expected. I knew they would be big.
    - I love the way the game was called. The refs let the boys play and when things got rough, if it wasn't too one sided, they didn't call anything. There are some HE refs that would have had a field day in that game, calling tons of penalties.
    - Quinn's comments on the Farrance goal were exactly what I was thinking - Pass the puck Tkachuk!!!! He took forever to feed Farrance, and then his pass was in a little tight on the skates. Nice job by Farrance to still get it on net. It definitely hit something on the way in, which is why there seems to be a delayed response by the players.
    - 4th line got a lot of time in the first period and then a less and less as the game went on. Pretty much what I expected.
    - Oettinger is playing unbelievable hockey. He has knocked out three great goalies in a row, including a Hobey finalist yesterday. As Quinn said in the presser, he is making the first save and the team is limiting second chances very well.

Michigan looks like another tough team, but I wouldn't count this team out, that's for sure! Go BU!
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Good luck today Terriers...you're our only hope!
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        What criticism? They youngest team in the country improved all season long. That’s what great coaching looks like.
        Except that isn't true. BU was absolutely terrible two weeks ago against UConn. This team didn't improve until the week between the quarterfinals and the semifinal.

Comment

Last Eastern team standing. LETS DO THIS!
          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
            Except that isn't true. BU was absolutely terrible two weeks ago against UConn. This team didn't improve until the week between the quarterfinals and the semifinal.
            Athletic improvement is not a linear progression. It is an uphill trend with peaks and dips along the way.

It should also be noted that we did sweep UConn, and to say we were terrible while doing that is incredibly disrespectful to the UConn players and coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              - I love the way the game was called. The refs let the boys play and when things got rough, if it wasn't too one sided, they didn't call anything. There are some HE refs that would have had a field day in that game, calling tons of penalties.
              Believe they were Big 10 refs.
              The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Oh for the love of God. Insert rolling eyes emoji here. They couldn’t have been that bad given they won both games. Not their best work, but good enough to get them in this position.

Look, I’m expectedly terrified for today. I’m super excited they won yesterday. This team is definitely playing much better, but I still see many areas for improvement. Face offs continue to be something that give me agita. At least four times yesterday that I counted, they literally whiffed on the puck. That could’ve been nerves. Not sure. Interesting thing is, one of those whiffs lead to BU’s first goal. I just don’t think that goal would’ve happened earlier in the season. Will their bubble burst today? I don’t know. I really hope not.

What conference will the refs today come from, anyone know?

Comment

Bingo. I guess you need to go back to your basement too! Non-fanboy opinions not welcomed by some.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                    Doesn't help when the regular season champion hasn't won a non-conference game since November of 2016.
                    If they played St. Lawrence, RIT, Arizona State, Robert Morris and Brown this year maybe they would have.

Comment

- I love the way the game was called. The refs let the boys play and when things got rough, if it wasn't too one sided, they didn't call anything.
                      Interesting you bring that up. I was thinking about that while watching...how nice it is to have a game with flow and excitement and not be continuously interrupted by the ticky-tack calls that we see every game in Hockey East.

There are some HE refs that would have had a field day in that game, calling tons of penalties.
                      Some?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Face offs continue to be something that give me agita.
                        I will say that there were several whiffs, I believe mostly due to the ice. Puck was bouncing all over the place. As I said yesterday, you can't win all the face-offs but it's losing them CLEAN that can come back to kill them. At least contest for it!

Yeah, I'm not "terrified" but very nervous. A lot at stake here. But the way I look at it (or TRY to - we'll see what condition I'm in at game time) is that, honestly, anything from here on is gravy. Who would have expected that we would even be at this point? One game from the Frozen Four?

No disrespect to Michigan (and I hope I don't have to eat these words), but I just think it's a better match-up. OK - it's not as "bad" of a match-up (to put it differently). I know NU didn't play well yesterday. Part of that is their unfamiliarity with Michigan. My guess is they would have played well against us and I didn't want to play them again after losing to them three times. I don't care about revenge - just winning at this point. Let's hope we continue to play well today!

LET'S GO TERRIERS!!!

Comment

No pressure. All gravy. Though an all Western FF would suck.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                            No pressure. All gravy. Though an all Western FF would suck.
                            Easy to play when one realized they have no shot in he!! If winning it.

Go have fun
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                              It should also be noted that we did sweep UConn, and to say we were terrible while doing that is incredibly disrespectful to the UConn players and coaching staff.
                              Wow, this is a really special post.

Anyway, UConn had a .444 winning percentage and was 34th in the PWR. They weren't good this season. And we did play terribly against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Oh for the love of God. Insert rolling eyes emoji here. They couldn’t have been that bad given they won both games. Not their best work, but good enough to get them in this position.

Look, I’m expectedly terrified for today. I’m super excited they won yesterday. This team is definitely playing much better, but I still see many areas for improvement. Face offs continue to be something that give me agita. At least four times yesterday that I counted, they literally whiffed on the puck. That could’ve been nerves. Not sure. Interesting thing is, one of those whiffs lead to BU’s first goal. I just don’t think that goal would’ve happened earlier in the season. Will their bubble burst today? I don’t know. I really hope not.

What conference will the refs today come from, anyone know?
                                Of course they can play poorly and still win. We've seen BU play really well and lose. I agree they are playing much better since. I think Quinn deserves credit as A LOT of changes were made in only one week's time. I have been impressed. I think you are being too hard on them on faceoffs! We were pretty bad this season, but I think we were actually fine there yesterday. Cornell is a pretty good faceoff team and they only won four more than BU. I think we have a sold chance today. I think Michigan is pretty quick and skilled offensively but I will be curious to see if they can handle our physicality up and down the lineup. I think their play in their own zone yesterday was shaky. I think our top two lines might be able to dictate play and take it to them. Even though our 4th line doesn't get a lot of ice time, they might be able to get the puck deep, cycle it, and hit their players off the puck. I think our speed on the forecheck might be tough for them, too, just based on what I saw from them against NU yesterday. They seem to fumble the puck and not be as quick with it when it lands on their stick in their D zone. I think we can take it from them, keep it in, and grind away and wear them down. We will need these things to play out this way because I think Michigan's forwards can really get going in their offensive zone and I would like to spend as little time there as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X