Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
    And then there's this.

Raise your hand if you knew that David Sacco was the second leading scorer in BU Hockey History.
    No surprise that I knew: how many knew he was the second leading scorer due to his first sophomore season?

Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I need a chickod ticket update!
      Was going to post last night and got tied up. Anyway, just looked. According to the map, there are a grand total of SIX tickets left in the lower bowl. Three in 120 and three in 111 (both in the corner). Again, there's the caveat that I don't know how many tickets will be returned by the schools, but I'm assuming not too many except for maybe Michigan. Cornell usually travels well, and I am certainly hoping that NU and BU sell out.

There are 202 left in the upper bowl...most of which are (in my opinion) not very good seats. All on the ends and/or corners (and having been there dozens of times) and most likely high up - not great vantage points (although some people like sitting there).

Balcony has zero, although as someone mentioned it's possible they aren't selling them there until the lower sections fill up (although if they're not "selling them" by now my guess is they're either completely blocking it off or they are already actually completely sold).

That's the update. Bottom line: if you don't have them by now you're probably not going to get a very good seat. Personally I would love to see the place packed and had a feeling there might be a good crowd for this (which is why I drove down there 2 minutes after the bracket was announced). Now I imagine Sunday will be a completely different story, and if (heaven forbid) it's Cornell/Michigan, you will be able to sit anywhere you want...

Comment

From recent trips i wanna say they blocked off sections. Now i don't know if that was pre-planned or they just did it so it looked better than seeing a ton of empty seats. Even if some of those sections aren't being opened, if most the other sections are full it will be a good atmosphere.

Comment

From recent trips i wanna say they blocked off sections. Now i don't know if that was pre-planned or they just did it so it looked better than seeing a ton of empty seats. Even if some of those sections aren't being opened, if most the other sections are full it will be a good atmosphere.
          I have to admit it does seem surprising that after years of mediocre attendance they would come close to selling out. But I don't understand the logic of blocking off the "best" sections, so I have to assume "No Seats Available" means either they are all sold or they don't have any available because most of the allotment for that section is at one of the schools. Either way, you can't buy them at the moment!

It would actually be helpful if anyone here happens to know what the deadline is for the schools having to return their unsold tickets. The way we will know for sure is to go on the DCU site Friday night to see if there are "suddenly" tickets available in those sections.

The only sections I can see being "blocked off" are in the balcony. The balcony there was added on during the renovation a few years ago and is way up in the nosebleed area. No need to maintain security or any services up there if it's not going to be a sellout. So that I can understand why it would say "No Seats Available." But for the lower bowl, I can't see them blocking off any sections. And, in fact, if those sections say there are [some number] left, then obviously the section hasn't been blocked off anyway.

Comment

Oh I was actually referring to the upper sections. They won't block off anything in lower bowl. But even if they don't open up the balcony, a full lower bowl and decent crowd in the 200 section and that will be a success. Will be very interesting to see on Saturday.

Comment

Oh I was actually referring to the upper sections. They won't block off anything in lower bowl. But even if they don't open up the balcony, a full lower bowl and decent crowd in the 200 section and that will be a success. Will be very interesting to see on Saturday.
              Yes it certainly will!

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                I have to admit it does seem surprising that after years of mediocre attendance they would come close to selling out. But I don't understand the logic of blocking off the "best" sections, so I have to assume "No Seats Available" means either they are all sold or they don't have any available because most of the allotment for that section is at one of the schools. Either way, you can't buy them at the moment!

It would actually be helpful if anyone here happens to know what the deadline is for the schools having to return their unsold tickets. The way we will know for sure is to go on the DCU site Friday night to see if there are "suddenly" tickets available in those sections.

The only sections I can see being "blocked off" are in the balcony. The balcony there was added on during the renovation a few years ago and is way up in the nosebleed area. No need to maintain security or any services up there if it's not going to be a sellout. So that I can understand why it would say "No Seats Available." But for the lower bowl, I can't see them blocking off any sections. And, in fact, if those sections say there are [some number] left, then obviously the section hasn't been blocked off anyway.
                A bunch just showed up in 212 and 214, so I'm guessing one school returned a few

Comment

Originally posted by walrus655321 View Post
                  A bunch just showed up in 212 and 214, so I'm guessing one school returned a few
                  Well that stinks. Those are BU sections...

Comment

Well that stinks. Those are BU sections...
                    Come on BU, you're gonna have to hear about how many sections NU filled up!

Comment

Come on BU, you're gonna have to hear about how many sections NU filled up!
                      That doesn't mean BU turned in tickets.

Comment

unlikely those are from BU- yesterday at 12 noon was the first time students could pick up tickets under special deal
                        $20 includes bus to game and ticket- If BU wins no charge for same thing on Sunday
                        Hopefully that generated a good turnout
                        Does anyone know?

Comment

Was going to post last night and got tied up. Anyway, just looked. According to the map, there are a grand total of SIX tickets left in the lower bowl. Three in 120 and three in 111 (both in the corner). Again, there's the caveat that I don't know how many tickets will be returned by the schools, but I'm assuming not too many except for maybe Michigan. Cornell usually travels well, and I am certainly hoping that NU and BU sell out.

There are 202 left in the upper bowl...most of which are (in my opinion) not very good seats. All on the ends and/or corners (and having been there dozens of times) and most likely high up - not great vantage points (although some people like sitting there).

Balcony has zero, although as someone mentioned it's possible they aren't selling them there until the lower sections fill up (although if they're not "selling them" by now my guess is they're either completely blocking it off or they are already actually completely sold).

That's the update. Bottom line: if you don't have them by now you're probably not going to get a very good seat. Personally I would love to see the place packed and had a feeling there might be a good crowd for this (which is why I drove down there 2 minutes after the bracket was announced). Now I imagine Sunday will be a completely different story, and if (heaven forbid) it's Cornell/Michigan, you will be able to sit anywhere you want...
                          IINM Cornell had sold out its allotment within an hour of when they went on sale.

Michigan also travels very well (and obnoxiously), so Saturday could be a very tight fit, particularly towards the end of our game.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
                            unlikely those are from BU- yesterday at 12 noon was the first time students could pick up tickets under special deal
                            $20 includes bus to game and ticket- If BU wins no charge for same thing on Sunday
                            Hopefully that generated a good turnout
                            Does anyone know?
                            The tickets BU gave me (non-student season ticket holder) are in 213, very well could be that they didn't get 212 or 214.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

How much is parking around the DCU?
                              Go BU!

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                The tickets BU gave me (non-student season ticket holder) are in 213, very well could be that they didn't get 212 or 214.
                                It's possible, but then the map they showed me would have been wrong...I picked 213 because it was closer to the blue line than 214, but she told me all three were BU sections (212 was already sold).

Comment

Working...
                                X