Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU season thread volume 3.1 cause board/priceless/tippycanoe deleted ours

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Correct. DiPietro and Gustafson (SLU) put on a show.
    Sh**, I guess... Especially Gustafson.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      Yeah, was trying to remember the year... We had to sit-through a 4 OT game to see Maine play that day.

I started out rooting for BU, as much as that conflicted my soul, but by the time we got through the 2nd OT, I was of a mind that somebody needs to win this Mamma-jamma ASAP... Into the 4th OT, it was more like "Why, God, why..?" And, to compound my misery, I broke a finger catching a stray shot that was labeled for my ex's grille. But Maine trouncing Michigan in Game 2 made that digit feel a whole lot better.

I think that that was Ricky DiPietro's last game as a Terrier..?
      Correct. He made 78 saves. It was a brutal night. We went home and didn't even stay for the second game...just devastating.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        Please let me know what you find out. I don't have the luxury of swinging by, and as I vented on the deleted thread, I would really prefer to not have to pay TM $19 in fees.
        OK. Here goes. I'm posting to get this up as quickly as possible...I'll make "corrections" or tweaks later but I just want to get it up here.

So I moused over the map. Almost every section (that includes 100 level, 200 level and 300 level – balcony) is gray, which is very few seats available. Here is the breakdown:
        At the time I am writing this, there are THIRTY (that’s 30) seats LEFT in the entire lower bowl. There are NO seats left in the balcony. My only caveat will be I don’t know what they mean by “available.” I’m assuming that if/when the schools return any tickets there may be more, but, frankly, this looks to be one of the biggest crowds they’ve ever had there. If it turns out not to be, then this entire process is completely inexplicable to me.
        Here is the breakdown of seats available by level:

Seats available by level:

Lower Bowl (100s) 30
        Upper Bowl (200s) 787
        Balcony (300s) 0
        Seats available by school section:

BU (scarlet) 8
        NU (black) 28
        Cornell (orange) 12
        Michigan (yellow) 12

Seats Available by Section:

Sec Seats Available
        101 5
        102 0
        103 3
        104 0
        105 3
        106 1
        107 0
        108 0
        109 0
        110 0
        111 6
        112 1
        113 0
        117 0
        118 0
        119 2
        120 9
        121 0
        122 0
        123 0
        124 0
        125 0
        TOT 30
        Last edited by chickod; 03-20-2018, 05:57 PM.

Comment

It appears to me that they are not yet selling the tops rows of the upper balcony
          Having watched many times they keep moving available seats in balcony back
          While I think it will be largest regional crowd in years those looking for tickets
          will always be able to buy a ticket
          Can always sit in non playing teams section

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
            Can always sit in non playing teams section
            Not according to these numbers...that's why I posted them. These are ALL the sections and there are very few left unless you want to sit up high in the corner (and someone posted yesterday there are some "obstructed" view seats there).

I'm not marketing for DCU Center but I don't want people to not be able to get "decent" seats. I mean, why wait? The price isn't going down - I don't think there are going to be many scalpers or people selling outside for this.

Comment

If you are looking at Sat only or the 2-day pass, it looks like just singles available in the lower bowl. If you look at Sunday only, there are hundreds of seats still available in the lower bowl which leads me to believe many people are buying Saturday only tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                If you are looking at Sat only or the 2-day pass, it looks like just singles available in the lower bowl. If you look at Sunday only, there are hundreds of seats still available in the lower bowl which leads me to believe many people are buying Saturday only tickets.
                Yes. Why would I buy Sunday until I know if my team wins? That, along with the "potential" storm (which they now seem to have downgraded to "snow showers" but given that tomorrow's forecast has been changed five times, who knows?), would lead one to conclude that to wait is to be prudent.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  He's not old, he's 37.
                  And I'm 25...

Comment

He's not old, he's 37.
                    Is he called Dennis? I didn't bother to ask.

BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Keep in mind they may not release all available tickets at once.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                        1991. A glorious weekend in BU Hockey history. 5-1, 8-1.
                        The Amonte McEachren Tzachuk team. I stood next to some Michigan parent in the balcony next to the radio booth and he says “this arena is a joke “ and I said “so is your team”. I was so happy with myself. Now there was a rink with a home advantage!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                          Venues for an early lunch near DCU?
                          No pregame party for BU folks somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                            The Amonte McEachren Tzachuk team. I stood next to some Michigan parent in the balcony next to the radio booth and he says “this arena is a joke “ and I said “so is your team”. I was so happy with myself. Now there was a rink with a home advantage!
                            That *was* a really great weekend.
                            Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

He's not old, he's 37.
                              Mookie was....
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good luck to the Terriers this weekend. Go Hockey East.

Comment

Working...
                                X