2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread - Second Attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Any thoughts as to how the style of play is going to change for the team? Motzko liked a clean playing, fast skating team. Are we going to see an Eaves style game coming to SCSU? I really hope not. I might actually stop watching if that were the case. So boring. The UMDumbs had some really good defense, but I felt like they played a livelier style than Eaves ever did. Do we expect Larson to try mimicking that style with the Huskies?
    The SCTimes article from yesterday has quotes saying he likes to play the style we already do. I'd expect some tweeks obviously but it may not change much.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: 2017-18 St. Cloud State Season Thread - Second Attempt

Not happy with this hire. Could have been worse, though. Can't knock the track record. Duluth's great seasons coincided with him being there. Glad Gibbons is staying, but I really wanted him to get the head coach job.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        Not happy with this hire. Could have been worse, though. Can't knock the track record. Duluth's great seasons coincided with him being there. Glad Gibbons is staying, but I really wanted him to get the head coach job.
        He'll be really good. He's really good with people and is good at motivating. Who would you have wanted?
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
          Gibby is 62. I doubt they want to go coach hunting again in 4-5 years.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Gibby is 62. I doubt they want to go coach hunting again in 4-5 years.
            I don't think he applied to only be the coach for 4-5 years.
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              He'll be really good. He's really good with people and is good at motivating. Who would you have wanted?
              You quoted my post but don't seem to have read it.

Comment

You quoted my post but don't seem to have read it.
                I read half of it. Perhaps I should read all of it. Perhaps not.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                  I don't think he applied to only be the coach for 4-5 years.
                  Maybe he didn't. Still likely he's not around for more than that. Also sounds like he and Raboin are staying so it's a moot point.
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Rumor today is Raboin to the U and Nick Oliver replacing him

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                      That would suck.
                      Raboin applied to stay...so that would tell me Larson said no.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                        Not buying it.

Comment

Not buying it.
                          Likely, actually.

Raboin wants to be the head coach of the Huskies. This is a good step towards that goal. No hard feelings Rabs. Motzko can still suck it.
                          scsuhockey.com
                          CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                            Likely, actually.

Raboin wants to be the head coach of the Huskies. This is a good step towards that goal. No hard feelings Rabs. Motzko can still suck it.
                            Please explain how being an assistant at the University of Minnesota is a good step towards the goal of being the head coach of SCSU? What will he be doing differently at the U of M than he was doing at St. Cloud?
                            Last edited by Tipsy McStagger; 04-18-2018, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Please explain how being an assistant at the University of Minnesota is a good step towards the goal of being the head coach of SCSU?
                              Motzko, Hastings, Potulny, Hill, Beutow, Perpich... The step from Gopher assistant to head coach is shorter than from SCSU assistant to head coach.

What will he be doing differently at the U of M than he was doing at St. Cloud?
                              Making more money.
                              scsuhockey.com
                              CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Exiled One View Post
                                Motzko, Hastings, Potulny, Hill, Beutow, Perpich... The step from Gopher assistant to head coach is shorter than from SCSU assistant to head coach.

Making more money.
                                Head coach at Northern Michigan or Anchorage is different than head coach at St. Cloud. Mike Hastings was at the U for one year. Aside from Potulny, you are listing guys who were assistants at UMTC when they clearly had a better program than SCSU. Those roles have been reversed. People want assistants from successful programs. Not just big ones.

Nice selective outrage. It isn't okay for Motzko to leave for a job that pays more, but it is ok for Raboin to do so. I guess that's the kind of logic I can expect from someone who wanted to make Mark Parrish the head coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X