Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boring 2018 Bracketology Thread - Here we go again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boring 2018 Bracketology Thread - Here we go again...

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
    If people don’t attend you’ll wind up without a tournament. This way Worcester gets fannies as does Sioux Falls. and Penn State will probably create a first day sellout in Allentown. Bridgeport? Now that their basketball team is out, maybe a few Friar fans will show. The certainty weren’t in evidence in Boston.
    Fighting Hawks Falls was already sold out. Worcester will still have about 5000 fans and Bridgeport will be a Friends and Family crowd. Allentown is the wildcard. Be interesting to see if the BTHC can pack that building with both OSU and Pedo State there.

Comment

How meets who in St. Paul?

Will bu have Mankato or Denver first?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Denver is repeating...everyone else playing for 2nd

Comment

I think 5000 is low for Worcester. 2 locals, cornell travels and Michigan is brand name.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            C’mon...

Ticket takers will outnumber fans in Bridgeport. And you know it
            Actually the largest crowd will be the ND band. Picked up seats for the weekend for $40 each, two rows behind the net.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Neither...West meets Midwest.East meets Northeast.
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                Neither...West meets Midwest.East meets Northeast.
                Dammit
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  I think 5000 is low for Worcester. 2 locals, cornell travels and Michigan is brand name.
                  Maybe. They drew 8742 for a BU-BC regional final, but that was 12 years ago. Attendance at the Garden was over 18,000 for Hockey East back then. It was 10,000 last night. We'll see what Worcester can do...

Comment

C’mon...

Ticket takers will outnumber fans in Bridgeport. And you know it
                    Actually the largest crowd will be the ND band. Picked up seats for the weekend for $40 each, two rows behind the net.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      Duluth team was super young and they finish the season hotter than any other team in college hockey so we'll see if they're on the level of Minnesota or North Dakota oh wait they actually made the tournament
                      They finished the season with back-to-back losses and weaseled their way into the tournament through the back door thanks to all four teams they needed help from coming through for them. I'm not arguing that they shouldn't be there, because based on the PWR they should be. I'm just saying they didn't earn it on their own when they had every opportunity to. They had to rely on other teams helping them out. That's why I view them as no better than North Dakota or Minnesota. No way they'll beat St. Cloud next weekend if they even survive Mankato, which would surprise me.
                      National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                      National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

I've got Michigan, Mankato, Penn State, and Notre Dame at the Frozen Four.
                        National championships won by Big Ten schools : 23 (Michigan 9, Wisconsin 6, Minnesota 5, Michigan State 3, Ohio State 0, Penn State 0, Notre Dame 0)
                        National championships won by NCHC schools : 21 (North Dakota 8, Denver 8, MN-Duluth 3, Colorado College 2, St. Cloud State 0, Miami 0, NE-Omaha 0, Western Michigan 0)

23 > 21

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                          They finished the season with back-to-back losses and weaseled their way into the tournament through the back door thanks to all four teams they needed help from coming through for them. I'm not arguing that they shouldn't be there, because based on the PWR they should be. I'm just saying they didn't earn it on their own when they had every opportunity to. They had to rely on other teams helping them out. That's why I view them as no better than North Dakota or Minnesota. No way they'll beat St. Cloud next weekend if they even survive Mankato, which would surprise me.
                          The season lasts longer than one weekend. Over the course of the last six months their body of work was more desevring than Minnesota or North Dakota.

Comment

Anyone surprised to see all 3 HE teams in the same regional, they don't want to see a repeat of the Anaheim Frozen 4 with 3 Hockey East and Mich State in it so this makes that impossible

Comment

• Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                              I've got Michigan, Mankato, Penn State, and Notre Dame at the Frozen Four.
                              I've got almost exactly the opposite. UMD, Denver, Northeastern and Notre Dame.

I'm really picking Northeastern because I want to hear the games on WRBB

Comment

• Originally posted by satyking View Post
                                Anyone surprised to see all 3 HE teams in the same regional, they don't want to see a repeat of the Anaheim Frozen 4 with 3 Hockey East and Mich State in it so this makes that impossible
                                I'm really surprised since Providence is in Bridgeport.

Comment

Working...
                                X