This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
    So how did UNH not get Hughes? Didn't they say both his parents played for UNH (or was Melrose wrong - or did I misunderstand)?
    Jack is still uncommitted! One can dream.

Ellen was one of our SAE “little sisters”. Really good egg, went on to do some commentary for ESPN as well. Think she might have dated Craig Janney while she was at UNH, but I might be misremembering.
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
      Jack is still uncommitted! One can dream.

Ellen was one of our SAE “little sisters”. Really good egg, went on to do some commentary for ESPN as well. Think she might have dated Craig Janney while she was at UNH, but I might be misremembering.
      Our Former Coach also was jimmy’s coach at Providence.
      The Souza record:
      15-16 10th place
      16-17 10th place
      17-18 11th place
      18-19 8th place
      19-20 9th place
      20-21 10th place
      21-22 9th place
      22-23 10th place

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
        Our Former Coach also was jimmy’s coach at Providence.
        Another great job of using past player ties for future extended family recruiting, eh?
        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Warren Foegele has a 2 pt night in his NHL debut and earns #1 Star. Attaboy.
          Foegele got another goal to end his first regular NHL season with 3 points (2G + 1A) in 2 games. Why cannot we get players like dat?

JvR finished regular season with personal high 36 goals, and now has chance to end Bruins' surprisingly good season, until the last two weeks anyway.
          Last edited by Snively65; 04-09-2018, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Foegele got another goal to end his first regular NHL season with 3 points (2G + 1A) in 2 games. Why cannot we get players like dat?

JvR finished regular season with personal high 36 goals, and now has chance to end Bruins' surprisingly good season, until the last two weeks anyway.
            If the Bruins don't start playing better (not chasing the game like they have) he (JvR) just might...They really miss Brandon Carlo right now. I think it will be a great series...
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              If the Bruins don't start playing better (not chasing the game like they have) he (JvR) just might...They really miss Brandon Carlo right now. I think it will be a great series...
              They played over their heads for quite some time. Then injuries and fatigue finally caught up with them. Hopefully they can recharge and get back to their earlier form...

Comment

Trust that Chuck is paying attention so that he can bookend the final post on this thread.

Comment

Not too concerned about "final post" honors. Another season comes and goes for UNH Hockey, and despite the close calls and good times the program has experienced during most of the Coach Umile era ... we pretty much start the new era where Coach Umile started his time in charge, although I'd argue we're in worse shape now than back then, when Coach Kullen's program had at least begun to turn the corner. There hasn't been any corner-turning moment I've seen yet over these last three seasons (especially), and I personally think we haven't seen the program bottom out just yet. Which is hard to say when you've just finished last in the league with 1 win in the last 20-ish games.

I guess the best I can say right now is at least NICC didn't win the big one. But it's hard not to see the future holding a few more first time D-1 title holders before UNH is back in that mix again.

Just waiting now for the news leading up to and at the season-ending banquet on the captains and assistant coach.

Ciao, Coach Umile. Thanks for all you did. Only wish you'd heeded our cautions on repeating Coach Holt's ending.

Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                    Not too concerned about "final post" honors. Another season comes and goes for UNH Hockey, and despite the close calls and good times the program has experienced during most of the Coach Umile era ... we pretty much start the new era where Coach Umile started his time in charge, although I'd argue we're in worse shape now than back then, when Coach Kullen's program had at least begun to turn the corner. There hasn't been any corner-turning moment I've seen yet over these last three seasons (especially), and I personally think we haven't seen the program bottom out just yet. Which is hard to say when you've just finished last in the league with 1 win in the last 20-ish games.

I guess the best I can say right now is at least NICC didn't win the big one. But it's hard not to see the future holding a few more first time D-1 title holders before UNH is back in that mix again.

Just waiting now for the news leading up to and at the season-ending banquet on the captains and assistant coach.

Ciao, Coach Umile. Thanks for all you did. Only wish you'd heeded our cautions on repeating Coach Holt's ending.

I make a motion that Chuck's post is a fine thread-closing summary. Do we have a second and third to the motion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      I make a motion that Chuck's post is a fine thread-closing summary. Do we have a second and third to the motion?
                      Seconded, because ending at a good point rather pushing on to some artificial end point is the right thing to do.
                      The Souza record:
                      15-16 10th place
                      16-17 10th place
                      17-18 11th place
                      18-19 8th place
                      19-20 9th place
                      20-21 10th place
                      21-22 9th place
                      22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                        Seconded, because ending at a good point rather pushing on to some artificial end point is the right thing to do.
                        But for the simple purity to have a line drawn through the thread title, as Chuck is so fond of doing within some of his posts. Onward to the off-season thread, "out with the old, in with the semi-new."

Comment

Working...
                        X