This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2017/2018 - Umile's Last Stand - The Grand Finale

I will note UNH1932 did not come visit me. I was a little disappointed...
    "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Did I miss something, or did anyone else notice that Nick Nonis was no longer on the roster??
      Think DeltaB talked about that tonight but I thought saw him (Nonis) at the 'Whitt dressed in a suit like an inactive player would be. Not sure of his status. Spoke with a few players in the lobby after; they are looking to the tournament.

Was glad they did the post game skate around. Before the teams shook hands Rich Boyd picked up the couple of tees that were thrown into the ice. Welp...it's over time to see what's next.
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

How far this program has fallen, they may never recover. UNH used to always be in the mix, nowadays? Who would want to play for such a losing program? I hope Souza has a selling point because Umile had nothing..................
        Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveS. View Post
          How far this program has fallen, they may never recover. UNH used to always be in the mix, nowadays? Who would want to play for such a losing program? I hope Souza has a selling point because Umile had nothing..................
          The scary thing is, Steve ... I think it's going to get worse before it gets better.
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            The scary thing is, Steve ... I think it's going to get worse before it gets better.
            ....than this season?!? 😳
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
              Think DeltaB talked about that tonight but I thought saw him (Nonis) at the 'Whitt dressed in a suit like an inactive player would be. Not sure of his status. Spoke with a few players in the lobby after; they are looking to the tournament.
              We noticed during the trivia quiz on the jumbotron. Chris Miller asked how many players on the UNH roster are from NH? The answer (so we thought) is four - Miller, Nonis, Lazzaro, and Robinson. Chris Miller stated that the correct answer was three. Lo and behold - checking the current UNH roster reveals that Nonis' name has been removed.

UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Did I miss something, or did anyone else notice that Nick Nonis was no longer on the roster??
                Maybe he's been redshirted? Seems weird, this late in the season and all ...
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Contest to predict where and against whom the Cats will play in the MBPMEGAM round, carried over from previous thread. Contest now closed. Good luck to all of the contestants! Chuck will be buying a round at Libby's, regardless who wins, IIRC.

Snively65 -- at Maine
                  e.cat and Felger -- UMass-Flagship at the Whitt
                  Ref -- Yukon at the Whitt
                  Aerman -- at Yukon
                  Deltabravo and Chuck Murray -- at UMass-Flagship
                  I am coming out of exile to claim victory, assuming that Yukon did indeed win the tiebreaker with Maine by scoring more total goals in their regular season series split. If we travel to Hartford instead, aerman wins. Who is traveling to Orono (or Hahtfud) next weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    I am coming out of exile to claim victory, assuming that Yukon did indeed win the tiebreaker with Maine by scoring more total goals in their regular season series split. If we travel to Hartford instead, aerman wins. Who is traveling to Orono (or Hahtfud) next weekend?
                    That isn't the tiebreaker, it's wins. UConn won it regardless, just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRevengeance View Post
                      That isn't the tiebreaker, it's wins. UConn won it regardless, just saying.
                      Opps, I did not realize it was wins. But, I am just happy to win something. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                        Opps, I did not realize it was wins. But, I am just happy to win something. :-)
                        Someone around here has to lol welcome back from exile...
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

So hockey fans!! How far do you think NU will go? And...UMass will host a first round series...sigh. Personally I'm glad we didn't draw UML but Orono too far to travel esp after a trip to Florida!! Enjoy the week!
                          Last edited by HockeyRef; 02-25-2018, 07:38 AM.
                          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JB View Post
                            I will note UNH1932 did not come visit me. I was a little disappointed...
                            Hey JB I went to say hello but had the wrong row wrong guy 😳...so maybe next season!! I sit in 101 also Row D...have a good one!!
                            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

NU could well win Hockey East, but nobody from the conference is going anywhere in the tournament.
                              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                                Well, there you have it. Now 50th in the Pairwise, UNH finishes dead last in the league for the first time ever. .
                                1986 Tied for last
                                1987 Last
                                1988 Last

Comment

Working...
                                X