Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ESPN and Hockey East Reach Multi-Year Agreement

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
    BSU thinks putting games on TV is hurting attendance.
    That's always the excuse that schools and leagues give to make a stream PPV. Fact of the matter is, the statistics in ratings just aren't there to justify it.

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
      Our school keeps cashing the check from GCI to air games live or tape delayed, or sometimes not even at all.
      Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      That's always the excuse that schools and leagues give to make a stream PPV. Fact of the matter is, the statistics in ratings just aren't there to justify it.
      From what I understand, the university wasn't paying the station and the station wasn't paying the university. However, the games were on PBS subchannels in several TV markets -- Minneapolis, Fargo, Duluth and more.

Now the games are only on the WCHA TV thing and the university has to pay the crew. I haven't watched games, but I've heard the quality is poor.

I don't get what they're thinking, my interest has decreased since I can't watch them on TV and I'm too far and busy to drive four hours one-way to get to games.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
        From what I understand, the university wasn't paying the station and the station wasn't paying the university. However, the games were on PBS subchannels in several TV markets -- Minneapolis, Fargo, Duluth and more.

Now the games are only on the WCHA TV thing and the university has to pay the crew. I haven't watched games, but I've heard the quality is poor.

I don't get what they're thinking, my interest has decreased since I can't watch them on TV and I'm too far and busy to drive four hours one-way to get to games.
        I subscribe to WCHATV, and I disagree on the poor quality. I can cast it either from my phone or from my laptop to my big screen, and my picture quality is close to high def. Every so often it may get jumpy, but heck, I get that on Fox, CBS, NBC, ABC, and ESPN all the time too.
        “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
        – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
        when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
          I subscribe to WCHATV, and I disagree on the poor quality. I can cast it either from my phone or from my laptop to my big screen, and my picture quality is close to high def. Every so often it may get jumpy, but heck, I get that on Fox, CBS, NBC, ABC, and ESPN all the time too.
          Probably depends on what location you're watching. NMU's might very well be good, while BSU's might very well be poor. And given it's secondhand, it could have been from a few years ago, and subsequently improved. Just like the same tales told of the ECAC.

Comment

Working...
          X