Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & Union @ Clarkson & SLU (11/3/17, 11/4/17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPI & Union @ Clarkson & SLU (11/3/17, 11/4/17)

discuss
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RPI & Union @ Clarkson & SLU (11/3/17, 11/4/17)

god were a dull team to watch.

Comment

Which of the four teams do you feel is so dull that you need to call the attention of the hockey gods to it?

And what could the hockey gods do that would make that team more exciting to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
        Which of the four teams do you feel is so dull that you need to call the attention of the hockey gods to it?

And what could the hockey gods do that would make that team more exciting to watch?
        I'm guessing ours, and a return to what was seen in 1985.

Comment

RPI. With the exception of perrys effort The ohio state series was a snoozer. Team slept thru 2 periods at niagara. Sat at home team was gassed after 2 and no one had the energy or ability to carry the puck up ice resulting in many neutral zone turnovers. Few and predictable shots on goal.. I wonder/hope Union is underrated.

Comment

A lot of injuries already for Clarkson, I don't know if they'll be able to field a full 12 man forward unit so most likely we will go with 11 F and 7 D, we lost one of the most important forwards on the team in Egle for awhile because of a open ice hit in a meaningless game against Guelph. Kielly is one of the best goalies in the country and consistently bails out young defensemen that are trying to settle in, our top line of Brosseau - Sturm - Rempal is our only consistent threat to score, Rempal could have the best hands in college hockey but he tries to take defenders 1 on 1 time and time again and quite frankly he's not strong so it usually doesn't work but with time and space he's as good as we've had in 15 years or so. We have a nice group of freshmen but they're not quite ready for this level with Dickinson being the exception, Jacome was the OJHL MVP last season but came in a year early when one of our prized recruits had to delay his enrollment, he's found out early this isn't junior hockey and he's extremely undersized at 5'5/5'6 so while you can see glimpses I would have loved to see him in Waterloo this season as he was a high draft pick for them this past summer. Charyszyn is also one of the freshmen we expected to contribute and he's probably had 6-7 grade A chances but has yet to convert, last season with Waterloo he was a 30 goal scorer. It all takes time and all of our young guys have been thrown into the fire playing against nationally ranked competition quite regularly, they'll mature as the season goes on and hopefully contribute down the stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
              A lot of injuries already for Clarkson, I don't know if they'll be able to field a full 12 man forward unit so most likely we will go with 11 F and 7 D, we lost one of the most important forwards on the team in Egle for awhile because of a open ice hit in a meaningless game against Guelph. Kielly is one of the best goalies in the country and consistently bails out young defensemen that are trying to settle in, our top line of Brosseau - Sturm - Rempal is our only consistent threat to score, Rempal could have the best hands in college hockey but he tries to take defenders 1 on 1 time and time again and quite frankly he's not strong so it usually doesn't work but with time and space he's as good as we've had in 15 years or so. We have a nice group of freshmen but they're not quite ready for this level with Dickinson being the exception, Jacome was the OJHL MVP last season but came in a year early when one of our prized recruits had to delay his enrollment, he's found out early this isn't junior hockey and he's extremely undersized at 5'5/5'6 so while you can see glimpses I would have loved to see him in Waterloo this season as he was a high draft pick for them this past summer. Charyszyn is also one of the freshmen we expected to contribute and he's probably had 6-7 grade A chances but has yet to convert, last season with Waterloo he was a 30 goal scorer. It all takes time and all of our young guys have been thrown into the fire playing against nationally ranked competition quite regularly, they'll mature as the season goes on and hopefully contribute down the stretch.
              I really wonder about the preseason games against Canadian schools. They often result in more than the usual quota of injuries. OTOH a preseason game is useful and whom else are US colleges going to play?

I was following Georgetown last season because one-time RPI recruit Austin Cho played for them and Jacome's stats were certainly impressive. He probably could have benefitted from a year in the USHL.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I really wonder about the preseason games against Canadian schools. They often result in more than the usual quota of injuries. OTOH a preseason game is useful and whom else are US colleges going to play?

I was following Georgetown last season because one-time RPI recruit Austin Cho played for them and Jacome's stats were certainly impressive. He probably could have benefitted from a year in the USHL.
                I know several HEA schools have ceased their Canadian exhibitions, hence why Merrimack's only playing 33 total. Perhaps we get in some games with them, like the last time RPI played UVM?

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                  Besides Egle, who else is injured? Kuzmeski played in a forward spot both nights last weekend but it didn't seem like it was due to lack of players. There were 13 forwards that played last weekend, just 4 of them didn't play both nights.
                  Clarkson Golden Knights Men
                  10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
                  5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
                  21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
                  ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
                  ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
                  7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
                  National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

The hockey Gods could make a strong enough beer that it would only take one to enhance the speed of what you're watching! Consumed of course prior to entering the Field House.

Now getting serious, fans need to be patient. The team's in transition as far as the style of play. Transition = Thinking Thinking = Hesitation Hesitation = Slow Play
                    I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

I really wonder about the preseason games against Canadian schools. They often result in more than the usual quota of injuries.
                      In 2014, Colgate forward Tylor Spink suffered a concussion in a Canadian exhibition game and didn't make his regular season debut until mid-December. It was a season where we had at least one key player out with an injury in every regular season game, then got everyone healthy come March, only to lose the ECAC Championship game to Harvard (which, ironically, also suffered from injuries in Jan/Feb of that year, and got healthy in March). That was the year I thought Colgate had a legitimate shot to win it all, only for Providence to claim that glory.

Colgate hasn't played a Canadian exhibition since.
                      Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
                        Besides Egle, who else is injured? Kuzmeski played in a forward spot both nights last weekend but it didn't seem like it was due to lack of players. There were 13 forwards that played last weekend, just 4 of them didn't play both nights.
                        Kuzmeski was the 7th D, he might've lined up at forward a few times over the weekend but not much. Gareau was injured against UML and didn't play last weekend, Dalpe has been out since the start of the year, Cooper was injured on Friday night against Minnesota. Don't really think the Cooper or Gareau injuries are long term like Dalpe or Egle but they'll take it week to week, hopefully at least one of them are back this weekend, they've both been great defensively early on and both can kill penalties quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          I know several HEA schools have ceased their Canadian exhibitions, hence why Merrimack's only playing 33 total. Perhaps we get in some games with them, like the last time RPI played UVM?
                          8 of 11 HE schools played exhibitions this fall against CIS teams. Mack, Friars, ND were the exceptions
                          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            8 of 11 HE schools played exhibitions this fall against CIS teams. Mack, Friars, ND were the exceptions
                            ND? a
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

ND? a
                              My bad, I forgot that shotgun marriage had already been annulled. 😜
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                              X