Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    How bout them Falcons. In next years AHA pickems I wouldn’t bet against them.

Yeah Atlantic Hockey teams get the auto-bid because they are such a freaking weak conference. 👍Says every other league.

Surprise surprise. Give’em hell Falcons!
    What was the Tigers' PWR when you knocked off DU at the 2010 regional?

Comment

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
      How bout them Falcons. In next years AHA pickems I wouldn’t bet against them.

Yeah Atlantic Hockey teams get the auto-bid because they are such a freaking weak conference. ��Says every other league.

Surprise surprise. Give’em hell Falcons!
      What I would do for that to be us again.
      R I T HOCKEY
      Frozen Four
      Elite Eight
      NCAA Tournament
      2010-2015-2016
      RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

• Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
        They won their first game last year before losing to Harvard 3-2, otherwise they might have been in the Frozen Four last year. Starting the third, let’s see how it goes.
        Got nervous at 2-1 but they pulled it off, congrats AFA, well done!
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

They won their first game last year before losing to Harvard 3-2, otherwise they might have been in the Frozen Four last year. Starting the third, let’s see how it goes.
          Didn't they lose a regional final in overtime a few years ago?

Way to represent AHC Air Force
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Sacred Heart is building a new on campus rink. Initial renderings look pretty incredible (and they have a center hung scoreboard......). https://twitter.com/JeffCoxSports/st...13554792636416

It did not take the AHC very long to up their arena game once RIT built the Gene. Going back to our discussion on recruitment, this is another bad sign for RIT as they now lose out on scholarships and can't fall back on having the de-facto best/newest facilities in the league, either.
            RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
              Sacred Heart is building a new on campus rink. Initial renderings look pretty incredible (and they have a center hung scoreboard......). https://twitter.com/JeffCoxSports/st...13554792636416

It did not take the AHC very long to up their arena game once RIT built the Gene. Going back to our discussion on recruitment, this is another bad sign for RIT as they now lose out on scholarships and can't fall back on having the de-facto best/newest facilities in the league, either.
              http://i.imgur.com/POuDH.jpg

I am still a little sour we didn't end up with this but The Gene was built with a lot of love. Though for the life of me... Grey seats and not orange, why?!
              R I T HOCKEY
              Frozen Four
              Elite Eight
              NCAA Tournament
              2010-2015-2016
              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post

Spot on. New rinks, scholarships eventually going up to the full eighteen. Time for RIT to engage ala “Maverick” from Top Gun. Time to tighten our seat belts and see what happens during the off season.
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                  Yeah, RIT's initial renderings looked pretty spectacular, too, and had a center-ice video board.

Orange seats would be the bomb. I assume they were worried about needing to replace them down the road, or maybe were afraid they'd show dirt too readily. We do have one orange seat...

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                    Will this be the first time AFA gets out of the first round with a win?
                    No, this will be their third trip to the regional finals. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlant...nament_history

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      What was the Tigers' PWR when you knocked off DU at the 2010 regional?
                      Can't remember exactly, but seem to remember talk of a slim potential of an at-large bid if they had lost in the AHA Finals. They were around the bubble, but I don't think high enough to assume an at-large.
                      Can't we all just get along?
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                        Yeah, RIT's initial renderings looked pretty spectacular, too, and had a center-ice video board.

Orange seats would be the bomb. I assume they were worried about needing to replace them down the road, or maybe were afraid they'd show dirt too readily. We do have one orange seat...

Powers &8^]
                        I agree. I was very disappointed at the overall color scheme. Quite drab. I had thought they would want people (recruits, especially) to walk in and immediately know that this is the Tigers' house, whether there is a game going on or not. Instead it looks like the color scheme of a dungeon. I remember when it opened RIT saying something about the fans and their orange garb making the place colorful, not the seats or the walls. But when half the place is empty, it is quite the blah look.
                        I know the budget wasn't there to put in a ton of the expensive bells and whistles. I didn't think colorful paint (or plastic seats) was one of the amenities they had to leave out.
                        Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                          I agree. I was very disappointed at the overall color scheme. Quite drab. I had thought they would want people (recruits, especially) to walk in and immediately know that this is the Tigers' house, whether there is a game going on or not. Instead it looks like the color scheme of a dungeon. I remember when it opened RIT saying something about the fans and their orange garb making the place colorful, not the seats or the walls. But when half the place is empty, it is quite the blah look.
                          I know the budget wasn't there to put in a ton of the expensive bells and whistles. I didn't think colorful paint (or plastic seats) was one of the amenities they had to leave out.
                          A couple of seasons ago Tate Rink at West Point had a combination of yellow and black seat backs, a recent renovation of the seat backs removed all the yellows and now all the seats are black... I imagine it had something to do with hiding dirt.. I liked it better with a little more color. Two colors also helped in assisting first time visitors with finding the right sections.
                          RPI Engineers
                          RIT Tigers
                          ARMY Black Knights

Comment

A couple of seasons ago Tate Rink at West Point had a combination of yellow and black seat backs, a recent renovation of the seat backs removed all the yellows and now all the seats are black... I imagine it had something to do with hiding dirt.. I liked it better with a little more color. Two colors also helped in assisting first time visitors with finding the right sections.
                            I understand because I make sure I sit in dirt right before every hockey game. It's for good luck!
                            R I T HOCKEY
                            Frozen Four
                            Elite Eight
                            NCAA Tournament
                            2010-2015-2016
                            RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

If RIT is struggling to get the student body into the seats of The Gene, why doesn't RIT make tickets free for students in the student sections?
                              R I T HOCKEY
                              Frozen Four
                              Elite Eight
                              NCAA Tournament
                              2010-2015-2016
                              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                                If RIT is struggling to get the student body into the seats of The Gene, why doesn't RIT make tickets free for students in the student sections?
                                Free??
                                ha ha ha ha... oh wait... you were serious?
                                RIT gives out nothing for free.

Actually, they do that for one game each year and it gets pretty crowded in the GA sections. The reserved seats are still sparsely populated, though. So it still looks empty on TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X