Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RIT Tigers 2017 / 2018. Is time to go out and capture some prey!

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    I got that part.

In 2004, I thought the new proposal reset the grandfather date. Are you saying that's not true? It just kept the currently grandfathered teams as is?
    Yes. It kept it as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
      Yes I’ve noticed the same. Again unscientific but like many on here I would like to see a few more BCHL and USHL signings.
      I don't care about what league the recruits come from as long as they can play well.

Something to look forward to for next year: Barring injuries, Brown and Valenzuela should hit 100 career points around mid-season.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four participant
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by komey1 View Post
        I don't care about what league the recruits come from as long as they can play well.
        Hi Komey. We can all agree that whatever league our student athletes were previously in we want them to play well at RIT. Many have done just that.

I believe you’re subscribing to the “diamond in the rough” theory, where it is hoped that a player in a lesser league turns out to be a stud at the D1 level. I believe RIT subscribes to this theory as well. I agree if the recruiters are good at what they do then this method of bringing quality players into the organization works. If it does not work however you might be stuck with a mid level player for four years that maybe will develop but maybe not. Sure they will produce on the ice but you are not going to be a powerhouse year in and year out unless your recruiters are the best in D1 hockey. Plus it puts a lot of pressure on those recruiters.

Give me a dozen USHL/BCHL recruits anyday. Perhaps RIT agrees with this too but in the ever competitive world of collegiate hockey I imagine it gets harder every year to bring in a blue chip recruit from these leagues.
        RPI Engineers
        RIT Tigers
        ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
          The penalty box side is the side visible on camera.
          Oops. I meant the visitor bench side. I must have lapsed and been imagining the BCA arrangement where both benches are on the same side.

All those club seats look empty because a lot of people are up in the club lounge drinking. I'm not sure how you could extend the GA seating into that area.
          A large percentage of the reserved seats in general are empty most nights. I'm sure that's not all because club section ticket holders are eating and drinking. Many of those tickets aren't even sold.
          My suggestion would be to make the "club seating section" at center ice into GA for students. That might not work because of the club lounge and suites being where they are, but it would certainly look more exciting on TV. Almost anything would make the atmosphere look more exciting on TV, though. Way too many empty seats. Maybe just change all the seats up to and just on the other side of the club sections into student seating. That far corner is even more pathetically empty looking most of the time.
          Can't we all just get along?
          Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
            Something to look forward to for next year: Barring injuries, Brown and Valenzuela should hit 100 career points around mid-season.
            That's all great and noteworthy for them, but I honestly would take a winning team over individual players hitting point / goal plateaus any season. If we're focused on that kind of thing, that's usually a sign that the team isn't very good. I'd prefer that accomplishments like that would be simply nice footnotes during a wildly successful season rather than headlines used to attempt to serve as consolation prizes when the team fails.
            Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
              Looks like 2014-2015 frozen four team had around 16 players from USHL/BCHL
              Did I miss something at the 2015 Frozen Four? Gee, I think I would have noticed that the Tigers were there. I should have worn my jersey.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                Did I miss something at the 2015 Frozen Four? Gee, I think I would have noticed that the Tigers were there. I should have worn my jersey.
                Lol 😂 yeah I knew what he meant so kind of let that one go. 👍
                RPI Engineers
                RIT Tigers
                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
                  Moving on up to the AHL next year too, presuming Garbowsky's contract doesn't expire over the summer; it's with the Eagles organization and as such transfers leagues if I'm not mistaken. Western Conference team, so I look forward to driving the hour and a half to Milwaukee to see them play.

Was Norrish an ATO or was it for more?
                  My understanding is that the Eagles are transferring in name only, meaning the name and "franchise" will be moving to the AHL but the existing roster will not. I am hopeful that given his production for several years now in the ECHL that Garbo still may warrant a look in the AHL, but I guess we'll see.
                  RIT

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                    Many of those tickets aren't even sold.
                    Not sure what their sales numbers looks like, but I can verify that they sold out on Senior Night (as I was unable to get a ticket in those sections).

Powers &8^]

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                      My understanding is that the Eagles are transferring in name only, meaning the name and "franchise" will be moving to the AHL but the existing roster will not. I am hopeful that given his production for several years now in the ECHL that Garbo still may warrant a look in the AHL, but I guess we'll see.
                      See I was under the impression the actual franchise (no quotation marks) is moving leagues (as opposed to what happened with say Norfolk — not actually demoted, just two teams moving and selling trademarks). The AHL is treating this as an expansion, I think, though exactly how much the Eagles can bring with them is unclear; probably more lenient than when the NHL “expanded” via four WHA teams.

Comment

Not sure what their sales numbers looks like, but I can verify that they sold out on Senior Night (as I was unable to get a ticket in those sections).

Powers &8^]
                        Much of the club section is "sold" to season ticket holders, who may or may not show up to any particular game. Even if the section is full, lots of people will stay up top watching the games via the TV rather than go to their seats so it often looks more undersold than it is.
                        RIT

Comment

Originally posted by Schmitty View Post
                          See I was under the impression the actual franchise (no quotation marks) is moving leagues (as opposed to what happened with say Norfolk — not actually demoted, just two teams moving and selling trademarks). The AHL is treating this as an expansion, I think, though exactly how much the Eagles can bring with them is unclear; probably more lenient than when the NHL “expanded” via four WHA teams.
                          The Avalanche are ending their AHL agreement with San Antonio and starting one with the Eagles. All those players they own the rights to on San Antonio will go to the Eagles, now. They may keep around some guys from the Eagles ECHL team if they need to fill out spots, but they certainly are not just taking the ECHL roster and making them all AHL players.

A bit more info: https://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/1...ahl-affiliate/
                          RIT

Comment

That's all great and noteworthy for them, but I honestly would take a winning team over individual players hitting point / goal plateaus any season. If we're focused on that kind of thing, that's usually a sign that the team isn't very good. I'd prefer that accomplishments like that would be simply nice footnotes during a wildly successful season rather than headlines used to attempt to serve as consolation prizes when the team fails.
                            I'm not saying that winning does not take precedence. Those two hitting those marks will clearly help in getting wins. However, with all the talk about players not "developing", that Powell hit over 100 points this year and Brown and Valenzuela likely to do so next year, somebody must be doing something right.

I also noticed RIT has been getting bigger recruits size-wise. However, either they were slower in general or just slow to react in transition from offense to defense.

To me, the big key for next year is how much improvement Drackett and Andriano make over the offseason. Drackett clearly showed flashes of being very good, but was not consistent. The defense will be need to play better as well to minimize breakaways.
                            2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                            2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                            2010 Frozen Four participant
                            2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                              The Avalanche are ending their AHL agreement with San Antonio and starting one with the Eagles. All those players they own the rights to on San Antonio will go to the Eagles, now. They may keep around some guys from the Eagles ECHL team if they need to fill out spots, but they certainly are not just taking the ECHL roster and making them all AHL players.

A bit more info: https://www.denverpost.com/2017/08/1...ahl-affiliate/
                              Paragraph four spells it out. Unless you are very good, you need to go update your resume
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

I haven't posted in a while I forgot how picky everyone is around here
                                RIT Tigers
                                Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                                Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                                Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X