MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MSU Spartan Hockey - Episode VII - A New Hope

Haaaaaay Christian Krygier on the board.

(edit)
    Haaaaaay again Cole
    Last edited by owslachief; 06-23-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Along with Mattson, this gives us 3 NHL draftees for this season. Much better than our current number of 0. A little surprised none of the KHL line had their name called.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        Along with Mattson, this gives us 3 NHL draftees for this season. Much better than our current number of 0. A little surprised none of the KHL line had their name called.
        I think Hirose is too old but last season he did skate at Toronto’s prospect development camp. Khodorenko may have skated with an organization as well but i’m not sure.

But yes, I suppose it is a little surprising. I’m willing to be selfish and say that if it helps keep them at MSU longer then I won’t lose any sleep over it.

Comment

According to Danton Cole on Tim Staudt's radio show the other day the KHL line will be intact for next year.

He also talked about the new overtime rules...Apparently everyone in the NCAA is going to just a 5on5 5 minute overtime next year with no shoot outs. Ties will be a thing again in the Big Ten. Didn't sound like Cole and other Big Ten coaches were too keen on this change. He wanted OT to mimic the NHL I believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by gomsuman View Post
            According to Danton Cole on Tim Staudt's radio show the other day the KHL line will be intact for next year.

He also talked about the new overtime rules...Apparently everyone in the NCAA is going to just a 5on5 5 minute overtime next year with no shoot outs. Ties will be a thing again in the Big Ten. Didn't sound like Cole and other Big Ten coaches were too keen on this change. He wanted OT to mimic the NHL I believe.
            I’m ok with the change but I wish OT would be 4x4 or 3x3. I am fine with ties.

Shootouts were fun but I do not think they should decide what could be important games. We’ve never really had to worry about it because MSU has been far enough down in the standings consistently that the extra point doesn’t matter. It’s dumb to lose out on crucial league positioning because you lost a shootout back in November.

Also, shootouts made league standings too convoluted.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
              I’m ok with the change but I wish OT would be 4x4 or 3x3. I am fine with ties.

Shootouts were fun but I do not think they should decide what could be important games. We’ve never really had to worry about it because MSU has been far enough down in the standings consistently that the extra point doesn’t matter. It’s dumb to lose out on crucial league positioning because you lost a shootout back in November.

Also, shootouts made league standings too convoluted.
              I'm curious about the new sub rules. Is there going to be a 5-foot line outside the benches? What kind of supersharp-eyed official will be needed to judge 5 feet otherwise? If puck hits sub'd player when he's within 5 feet after subbing player hits the ice, is that too many men?

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                I think Hirose is too old but last season he did skate at Toronto’s prospect development camp. Khodorenko may have skated with an organization as well but i’m not sure.

But yes, I suppose it is a little surprising. I’m willing to be selfish and say that if it helps keep them at MSU longer then I won’t lose any sleep over it.
                Hirose was at Detroit's camp last weekend.

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                I'm curious about the new sub rules. Is there going to be a 5-foot line outside the benches? What kind of supersharp-eyed official will be needed to judge 5 feet otherwise? If puck hits sub'd player when he's within 5 feet after subbing player hits the ice, is that too many men?
                IIHF (and maybe the NHL) has the same rule. It's just an eyeball that seems to get some leeway.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                  Hirose was at Detroit's camp last weekend.

IIHF (and maybe the NHL) has the same rule. It's just an eyeball that seems to get some leeway.
                  For sure the NHL. There you have it I suppose leeway is used to determine what is "accidental".

Comment

Working...
                  X