Brothers on NCAA D1 teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brothers on NCAA D1 teams

George and Jack Hughes at Harvard in the 70's and Billy and Bob Cleary in the 50's
    We're not here for a long time,we're here for a good time.

Comment

Brian and Stephen Gionta at BC
      We're not here for a long time,we're here for a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxTechie View Post
        I saw the Lamoureux family mentioned. Also both of the Parises. No mention of the Toews brothers though.
        For North Dakota...at least recently that I can think of:
        Panzer
        Genoway
        Toews
        Parise
        Zajac
        Jones
        Hale
        Lundbohm
        Lamoureux

I'm sure there have been many, many more.

It seems like every year about 1/3 of our team has had a relative that played at UND.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Bryce Geoffrion has committed to Alabama-Huntsville for next season. Given his hometown of Brentwood, Tenn., it is safe to assume he is the brother of current Charger Sebastian Geoffrion.
          UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
          2006 Time Person of the Year
          Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
          It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

I don't know if it's been mentioned because I didn't read the whole thread, but Brown's Jarred Smith is the brother of Miami's Brandon.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeAnderson View Post
              Bryce Geoffrion has committed to Alabama-Huntsville for next season. Given his hometown of Brentwood, Tenn., it is safe to assume he is the brother of current Charger Sebastian Geoffrion.
              And, to my knowledge, they are both brothers of the Hobey Baker Award winner.
              UAH - The Cleveland Browns of COLLEGE HOCKEY

Mike Anderson
              2006 Time Person of the Year
              Finger far off the pulse of college hockey, thanks to Mack Portera.
              It was fun for a whole lot of seasons.

"Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish; let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more." Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                I don't know if it's been mentioned because I didn't read the whole thread, but Brown's Jarred Smith is the brother of Miami's Brandon.
                Two Smiths who are brothers. What are the odds??

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                  For PC:
                  The Cavanaughs
                  Are they cousins or brothers?

And I believe the Cavanaughs' dads both played for Harvard.

Comment

Fun thread. Going back to the Jurassic Era....

Brown hockey siblings:

Tom Coakley '68 and Bill Coakley '72, both defense (Canton, NY). Tom later lost a leg in Vietnam and was recently profiled by Tom Brokaw in a TV special)

Curt Bennett '70 (went on to a long NHL career) and John Bennett '72, both defense (Cranston, RI)

Fraternal twins Wayne and Warren Radomsky '72, forwards (Edmonton, AL)

Identical twins Mike and Pat Flanagan c. 1976-77 (somewhere near Boston)

Brendan Whittet (current head coach) and his sister Cassie, both '94 (East Providence, RI)

Comment

Not long ago we had the Ortmeyer brothers from Omaha.

UNO has Matt Ambroz and his Brother Seth will play for the Gophers starting next year. A few years back Brent Kisio played for UNO and his brother played for the purple cows. Nenad Gajic played for UNO and he had a brother who played at one of the Michigan schools. David Graham and his brother Christian both played for UNO. The name Sigalet rings a bell one played for Bowling Green. Maybe someone else can recall better.
                      UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Originally posted by DarthBruno View Post
                        Fun thread. Going back to the Jurassic Era....

Brown hockey siblings:

Tom Coakley '68 and Bill Coakley '72, both defense (Canton, NY). Tom later lost a leg in Vietnam and was recently profiled by Tom Brokaw in a TV special)

Curt Bennett '70 (went on to a long NHL career) and John Bennett '72, both defense (Cranston, RI)

Fraternal twins Wayne and Warren Radomsky '72, forwards (Edmonton, AL)

Identical twins Mike and Pat Flanagan c. 1976-77 (somewhere near Boston)

Brendan Whittet (current head coach) and his sister Cassie, both '94 (East Providence, RI)
                        Bruno - that I can think of to add to the list.

There were also twins Kelly and Karl Burns '88 from Brown - and on Whittet's teams there were the Humber twins, Charlie and Scott '96.

Comment

Lowell has had a couple including the Campbell's (three brothers IIRC) and the Fontas' brothers (and their cousin came in as well).

In 2011, Bill Eiserman will be joining the UML team, and his younger brother Chris (a highly rated 2012 goalie) will also be coming there. Their father had played for ULowell back in the 80s.
                          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I don't think anyone mentioned the Angers-Goulet brothers of RPI on this thread yet. Matt was 2005-09 (captain his senior year), and Alex is 2008-Present.

Comment

AIC has
                              Steve and Tome Mele.

Comment

RMU Had the Cowans (Rob and Dave), and next year will have the Souths (Furman and Colin).

This signature sucks!

Follow on twitter: @21stCenturySkiz

Comment

Working...
                                X