Brothers on NCAA D1 teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brothers on NCAA D1 teams

Points while together....The Lowden twins had 407 points at Ferris and the Pooley twins had 444 points at Ohio State..Probably some multi brother- multi year totals may be higher, but both of those are pretty big same team totals

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
      What's the record for most brothers to play at a school? not necessarily on the same team...

I believe all the Lundeens at Wisconsin (4 of them) were brothers. Any other groups of 4 or more?
      I don't know if this officially qualifies for your question, but there have been 10 members of the Miller family to play at Michigan State.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...120203aab.html

Comment

Not on the same team, but they almost were.

Mike Atkinson is currently a senior at Quinnipiac and Chris Atkinson is a senior at Vermont. The Atkinsons from Sparta, NJ almost played at the same school, but Mike, who was enrolled @ Vermont transfered to QU before ever playing a game.

Mike's been a great fit at Quinnipiac and were oh so greatful the move occured.

Comment

Twins...Connor and Kellen Jones will be playing for the Bobcats next season.

Comment

Originally posted by pinch View Post
            Points while together....The Lowden twins had 407 points at Ferris and the Pooley twins had 444 points at Ohio State..Probably some multi brother- multi year totals may be higher, but both of those are pretty big same team totals
            Code:
            RPI
            Frank Chiarelli ('55) 80-155-110-265- 43
            Dick Chiarelli  ('57) 61- 76- 62-138-100 (brother)
            Pat Chiarelli   ('60) 29-  1-  1-  2-  4 (brother) defense
            John Chiarelli  ('62) 65- 51- 60-111- 18 (cousin)
            We don't speak about Frank, Dick, and Pat's brother Bob who went to Clarkson or Frank's son Pete who went to Harvard and is now the Bruins' GM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

How many current in the CCHA?
              Last edited by CCHAfan; 01-29-2010, 12:21 PM.

Comment

UW had Robbie Earl

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                  BU had Mike Grier in the mid 90's...
                  Dang it!! You beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                    St. Lawrence currently has 2 pairs: Derek and Jared Keller, and Sean and Kyle Flanagan (oldest/younger in both cases). I would guess and say Sean/Kyle were recruited with the younger in mind, no clue in the case of the Keller's.

They also had the older Drewiske who transferred to Wisconsin, but the Yonger brother, Jake, is currently at SLU. Going back, there were the Wallman brothers (Mark, Paul; both ended up leaving the school because of an issue with one brother), three Muir brothers (Sean, Mike in early 2000's, Pat in the mid 2000's), and the Harney brothers in late 90's through 2000 (Justin, Jake. Justin went on to play professionally in Europe, Jake hung them up).
                    Davis Drewiskie didn't transfer to Wisconsin. IIRC he spent all 4 years as a Badger.
                    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullmoose View Post
                      Don't forget Walsh brothers (currently on the roster): sophmore Nick and freshman Dustin!

To answer one of the first posters' question, I think the younger ones in the non-Gaudet brother set are better, as Mark Goggin and Dustin Walsh are drafted and their older siblings are not.

We have brother of an alum coming in 2010, Nick Lovejoy, who is Ben's brother. Ben graduated in 2006 and is currently in the Pens system and has been between NHL and AHL a lot. Ben Lovejoy also holds the distinction of being one of the few players (if not the only one) who scored a point on Thompson Arena ice *against* Dartmouth in a non-exhibition game (he did it playing for Boston College as a freshman before transferring to Dartmouth.)

We also have Taylor Boldt of USHL's Indiana Ice committed to play, who might be a relative of the currentl Dartmouth captain Peter Boldt. If he is related to Peter, he'd be the 15th member of the Boldt Family to attend Dartmouth (Peter is 14th).

There must have been other Dartmouth brother pairings in the past of our hockey team, but I can't think of any at the moment. Will post when I find them.
                      Trevor (Class of '03) and Micheal (Class of '01) Byrne also played for Dartmouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
                        Trevor (Class of '03) and Micheal (Class of '01) Byrne also played for Dartmouth.
                        Dunno how I forgot about Byrnes, considering Mike was in my class...

Also, for those that are curious, incoming recruit Taylor Boldt is not related to the 14 other Boldts that went to Dartmout, at least not in an obvious way... so says Boldt Sr. (Peter Boldt's father).

Green, are you another Dartmouth fan on here?
                        Dartmouth College: NCAAs 1948 1949 1960 1979 1980
                        University of Massachusetts: NCAAs 2007, ECAC Div. II Champs 1972

"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by CCHAfan View Post
                          How many current in the CCHA?
                          Western Michigan had Ryan and Cam Watson this past season. Cam is a senior this year, so next year Ryan will go it alone.

They also had the Clacksons, Matt and Chris, who played together for (I think) three seasons, and the Bellissimo boys, Vince and Daniel, together for at least one season, maybe two (I'm sure someone can correct me, because my memory isn't always that good and it's getting older by the minute). That's in recent memory.

In the past, they had John and Bernie Saunders, at least. I'm sure there were more.
                          Originally posted by Jack Layton's last words to Canada
                          My friends, hope is better than anger, love is better than fear, optimism is better than despair. So let us be Hopeful, Loving, and Optimistic, and we'll change the world.

Comment

Drew and Justin Daniels on the NU huskies
                            Arenas Attended
                            Matthews Arena
                            Agganis Arena
                            Tsongas Arena
                            Lawler Arena
                            Schneider Arena
                            Mullins Center
                            TD Banknorth Garden
                            Conte Forum
                            Whittemore Center
                            Gutterson Fieldhouse
                            Alfond Arena
                            Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Dean and Jake Chelios for Mich. St.

Comment

I saw the Lamoureux family mentioned. Also both of the Parises. No mention of the Toews brothers though.
                                Application for Admission to the WCHA:
                                http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7...apkin_0717.htm

Fighting Sioux
                                Michigan Tech Huskies

*I refuse to participate in the Boosh Factor.*

Originally posted by SiouxTechie
                                Good morning, Lodge. I thought the soap opera was cancelled due to lack of interest?

(See what I did there?)
                                Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk
                                All that petty whining from the boys and ST comes in and buries it.

Comment

Working...
                                X