Colgate 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2017-18

Perhaps the school needs to invest in a new coaching staff. Word is that the players aren't fond of Mike Harder. Let's see an AD do what others seem scared to do.

Comment

So, we lost three forwards and three goalies . . . and brought in two forwards and two goalies.

Wonderful.

All the signs are ominous.

Comment

I see Hoey went AWOL
        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
          I see Hoey went AWOL
          The young man you mention will be playing in Prince George of the BCHL this season for Alex Evin. This is a trend across the board with NE prep players going to juniors for at least a year to gain seasoning against increased competition. This worked out for Trevor Cosgrove who went from Exeter to Alberni Valley. Nothing to worry about IMO.

Originally posted by Marmot View Post
          So, we lost three forwards and three goalies . . . and brought in two forwards and two goalies.
          Colton Point turning pro in the middle of the summer was a surprise and obviously the plan was to have Benson and Farrier back him up. It's hard to find a goalie in the middle of the summer, with the grades as well, when you already have two guys locked up. Plus having three freshmen goalies on the roster would not be ideal.

A third forward was part of the class but that ended up not working out due to eligibility issues.

Comment

I get it...and Hoey going to the BCHL makes sense...but I am not worrying about the overall size of our roster this year...injuries come and go and, with the exception of the 2015-16 season, we've been relatively fortunate in this regard...BTW, I hope the Harder comment (above) is not true...I do not know Mike personally, but two close friends of mine think he's a quality guy...fingers crossed...this has been a somewhat challenging off season, to say the least, and many schools can handle it (Denver, BU, etc.)...most Ivy and Ivy-type schools do have a harder team, with Academic Indexes, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Raider View Post
              Perhaps the school needs to invest in a new coaching staff. Word is that the players aren't fond of Mike Harder. Let's see an AD do what others seem scared to do.
              Sounds to me like maybe your son doesn't like him ? Over the years many times a comment like this is from a parent of a player.(that's not playing)

Comment

• Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                Sounds to me like maybe your son doesn't like him ? Over the years many times a comment like this is from a parent of a player.(that's not playing)
                Wrong there Shabby. I am just relaying what I have heard from people close to the program. Of course you don't have to listen to me. The proof is on the ice. Let's see what the new rink brings this season hmmm.

Comment

Bottom Line: we enter the season with a roster of 25...too bad as it sounds like MIH was pretty confident Point would stay for his junior year...wonder if it's possible to add another body for second semester? My guess is that writers and coaches will pick us somewhere around 9th this year...one hope: we generally outperform when picked this low...

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                    I see Hoey went AWOL
                    Can someone refresh me on what happened with Arnaud Vachon (on Heisenberg's list).

I can't believe we have only 4 rookies coming in
                    COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                      Can someone refresh me on what happened with Arnaud Vachon (on Heisenberg's list).
                      McGarrett got him.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post

I can't believe we have only 4 rookies coming in
                        Coming in 2019 Collegecommittments.com says

Comment

Bump.

Can't believe we're on page 2. Where is everybody?

Comment

good point...probably a little apprehensive...

Comment

'Gate-Furman FB cancelled...

Comment

Really classy move by Colgate in light of the game being cancelled

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/inde...vacuees_1.html

Comment

Working...
                                X