Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    Called it.

Also, did our part to sweep you out of the playoffs.
    We made playoffs though

Comment

• Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Major kudos to the teams at the end of the game. The refs and Thomas didn’t want the teams to do the handshake but Nathan Renouf basically ignored it after discussion and started the line. It was nice to see.

Comment

• Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
        We made playoffs though
        Enjoy getting swept again.

Not a good look, getting swept by your inferior rival, in your barn, to end the season. If LSSU did there part, you wouldn't even be in the playoffs. Enjoy your "success" by another technicality.
        Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
          The flowers and family photo were new this year. Was nice to see.
          UAH has done that for years. I wonder if Lance made that push.

GFM
          Geof F. Morris
          UAH BSE MAE 2002
          UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
            Enjoy getting swept again.

Not a good look, getting swept by your inferior rival, in your barn, to end the season. If LSSU did there part, you wouldn't even be in the playoffs. Enjoy your "success" by another technicality.
            Or we could employ the UAA method and miss the playoffs four straight years while finishing 60 out of 60 in the PWR.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
              Or we could employ the UAA method and miss the playoffs four straight years while finishing 60 out of 60 in the PWR.
              Which makes your team getting swept by UAA even more pathetic!
              Originally Posted by aparch
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                You and I do agree on that point.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

One point, and then we can resume our regularly scheduled sniping.

Even though it was at our expense, I was happy Mantha left a winner. He deserved a lot better over his college career, and I think he was easily the best goalie in the WCHA over the last couple of seasons. When I watched him in person in December, his facial expression and body language were that of a guy who was just done. I’m glad for his sake his teammates gave him something positive to go out on. He earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                    One point, and then we can resume our regularly scheduled sniping.

Even though it was at our expense, I was happy Mantha left a winner. He deserved a lot better over his college career, and I think he was easily the best goalie in the WCHA over the last couple of seasons. When I watched him in person in December, his facial expression and body language were that of a guy who was just done. I’m glad for his sake his teammates gave him something positive to go out on. He earned it.
                    Totally agree, and thank you for posting this. Mantha was supposed to split duties with Stead, but unfortunately Stead tore his ACL at the Green and Gold game before the season ever began (typical UAA bad luck). That put most of the season on Mantha's shoulders, which was a ton of pressure and it wasn't fair given UAA's poor defense and penalty kill. I hope to see him in the NHL some day, it would not surprise me at all to hear he gets an offer. I am thankful he stayed all four years.
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

There should be a nickname for end of season losses up north.

North by Loss
                      Late-season blues
                      Greener pastures
                      Last edited by AKSWF; 02-25-2018, 07:49 PM.
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Totally agree, and thank you for posting this. Mantha was supposed to split duties with Stead, but unfortunately Stead tore his ACL at the Green and Gold game before the season ever began (typical UAA bad luck). That put most of the season on Mantha's shoulders, which was a ton of pressure and it wasn't fair given UAA's poor defense and penalty kill. I hope to see him in the NHL some day, it would not surprise me at all to hear he gets an offer. I am thankful he stayed all four years.
                        Mental fortiude is off the charts if you stick around in this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          It's interesting how some gloat when someone else loses their job. Classy.
                          I'm sure it's treatable...if you have something to work with.
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                            I'm sure it's treatable...if you have something to work with.
                            For the record, he was referring to Doyle Woody losing his job. And nobody is gloating over Thomas losing his job. It simply had to be done if the program was to survive. The world of coaching can be brutal.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

For the record, he was referring to Doyle Woody losing his job. And nobody is gloating over Thomas losing his job. It simply had to be done if the program was to survive. The world of coaching can be brutal.
                              I guarantee you Woody has a hard on right now, then he'll fondly remember the Aces and then he'll turn into ditto.

Comment

Working...
                              X