Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

    Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
    We have only been good with a good/elite scorer carrying the team ie Curtis Glencross & Matt Bailey.

    I am thankful we have been blessed with solid goaltending from the likes of Naumenko, King/Reiter, Lawson, Christensen, Gundy/Kamal, and Mantha.
    Glencross & Bailey good players yes, but I would not go as far to say carry the team. Scott Allen was right there with him and he was a returner. This team has had other scorers but each are unique and each usually play a different game. It is the coaches job to adjust to this players scoring talent.

    Comment


    • Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

      Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      Your hubris toward UAF and Fairbanks is emblematic of UAA’s general attitude toward its elder sibling and northern neighbor, which is part of your problem. Until you recognize what you are competing against, not just against UAF but against the WCHA as a whole, the “but we’re Anchorage and they’re not” argument is going to continue to let you down.

      The other part of your problem is that UAA is a basketball school. Strategic Pathways emphatically proved that.

      Those two issues are, in a nutshell, why UAA can’t, or perhaps more accurately won’t, figure out hockey.

      Matt Thomas seems like a good guy and a good coach, but (and I’ve said this before) I don’t think he’s the right coach for UAA. It’s unfortunate for him and his family but I can’t fathom UAA renewing his contract when it is up (and I think it’s up after this year, isn’t it?). The results on the ice just simply aren’t there, especially for what UAA is paying him.

      And for the record, I want UAA to succeed in hockey except when you play us. We’re in this dinghy together, like it or not.
      Blah Blah Blah . .................................................. .....bottom line is .........










      If we sink, you sink...if you sink, we can survive..........
      Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-26-2017, 02:49 AM.
      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


      Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

      I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

      Comment


      • Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

        Originally posted by Suze View Post
        ...UA_ is dealing with the same issues and they are putting a better team on the ice. Heck, if they can do it, we can do it...
        I have been told that there is a lot to do and see in Anchorage. Maybe your coach and players are so enthralled with boat shows and boy bands that they just lose focus. Sad.
        "Who got the Cup?"
        UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

        Comment


        • Originally posted by USCH1 View Post
          Glencross & Bailey good players yes, but I would not go as far to say carry the team. Scott Allen was right there with him and he was a returner. This team has had other scorers but each are unique and each usually play a different game. It is the coaches job to adjust to this players scoring talent.
          Allen had his senior year to shine but nothing much came from it, he played a lot better with Bailey and Kwas.
          Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
            Blah Blah Blah . .................................................. .....bottom line is .........










            If we sink, you sink...if you sink, we can survive..........
            “It’s not a lie if you believe it”.

            -George Costanza
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

            —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

            Comment


            • Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

              I am no country bumpkin ..........I can translate b/t the lines

              Originally posted by mmf View Post
              I have been told that there is a lot to do and see in Anchorage. Maybe your coach and players are so enthralled with boat shows and boy bands that they just lose focus. Sad.
              That’s why you “dress up” when you come to town. Ditch your man card......... poser.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


              Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

              I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

              Comment


              • Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

                Originally posted by Suze View Post
                ACL, courtesy of the Fighting Hawks.

                What an obscure penalty called on Kozun at the end of the first period! He comes out of the penalty box and would have had a breakaway but the ref nails him for touching the puck without both skates on the ice? Never, ever, in the 28 years we have followed UAA hockey, seen that called.
                Typically players are smart enough to not make that move, hence why it is a penalty. But excitement can get to the best of us, even precious Kozun.

                Comment


                • Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

                  Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  Blah Blah Blah . .................................................. .....bottom line is .........










                  If we sink, you sink...if you sink, we can survive..........
                  Delusional much?

                  Even AKSWF states Anchorage isn't a sports town, as noted by the departure of certain teams. According to Strategic Pathways, we have a very aggressive donor base. I think we could stay afloat if seawolf hockey goes away. BUT for the sake of loving the game, I hope you don't have to experience that loss.

                  Comment


                  • Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

                    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                    Delusional much?

                    Even AKSWF states Anchorage isn't a sports town, as noted by the departure of certain teams. According to Strategic Pathways, we have a very aggressive donor base. I think we could stay afloat if seawolf hockey goes away. BUT for the sake of loving the game, I hope you don't have to experience that loss.
                    UA_ does have a larger donor base than UAA, that's true. But I read the donors give $50,000 a year. That is a drop in the bucket compared to the overall hockey budget.

                    For the record, when I refer to Fairbanks in comparison to UAA, I am comparing the CITIES, not the Universities. Fairbanks is colder, darker and much more remote. There is little to do there, especially in the winter. Those facts alone should make recruiting there hard ... and based on those facts alone UAA SHOULD be able to out recruit them - or at the very least be on par with their level of competitiveness.
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                    From ADN:

                    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                    Comment


                    • Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

                      Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                      Delusional much?

                      Even AKSWF states Anchorage isn't a sports town, as noted by the departure of certain teams.
                      It shouldn’t be hard for you to get me tickets to the Grizzles, Gold kings, Top of the world B Ball tourney, or the Hockey preseason tourney is it?

                      Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                      According to Strategic Pathways
                      Is a rubber stamp of 100 years of traditions unhampered by progress.

                      According to the Fisher report the head shed should be in anchorage because what was a good idea 100 years ago is outdated and inefficient.

                      Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                      I think we could stay afloat if seawolf hockey goes away. BUT for the sake of loving the game, I hope you don't have to experience that loss.
                      Oh you will be afloat alright all by yourself as a independent playing in the Big Dipper beer house league just like it was before UAA carried collage hockey forward in Alaska .

                      Remind me the CCHA had first pick.
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


                      Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

                      I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

                      Comment


                      • Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

                        Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                        Typically players are smart enough to not make that move, hence why it is a penalty. But excitement can get to the best of us, even precious Kozun.
                        Those 2 pea brains on the air never heard of it, but they are kinda mental rookies so they have a excuse... They just blab.....
                        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


                        Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

                        I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          It shouldn’t be hard for you to get me tickets to the Grizzles, Gold kings, Top of the world B Ball tourney, or the Hockey preseason tourney is it?

                          .
                          Thankfully our hockey tourney will be back next year. It only went away because of the uncertainty with the programs. The Kendall went away because it wasn’t making money.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            UA_ does have a larger donor base than UAA, that's true. But I read the donors give $50,000 a year. That is a drop in the bucket compared to the overall hockey budget.

                            For the record, when I refer to Fairbanks in comparison to UAA, I am comparing the CITIES, not the Universities. Fairbanks is colder, darker and much more remote. There is little to do there, especially in the winter. Those facts alone should make recruiting there hard ... and based on those facts alone UAA SHOULD be able to out recruit them - or at the very least be on par with their level of competitiveness.
                            You must not get outside much. There’s plenty to do outdoors. Skiing, snowboarding, tubing, ice fishing. All the things that Anchorage has are a distraction, maybe that’s why your team isn’t performing satisfactorily.

                            When you are recruiting athletes, we have plenty to offer in the summer AND winter that are appealing.

                            Comment


                            • Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

                              Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                              Thankfully our hockey tourney will be back next year. It only went away because of the uncertainty with the programs. The Kendall went away because it wasn’t making money.
                              We could never compete with your tickets sold from your last Tourney Fri....982 later 1547
                              .................................................. ..............................................Sat. .463 later 2176

                              With those numbers you are criminal for not paying your players, shame on you..........
                              Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-26-2017, 09:08 PM.
                              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


                              Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

                              I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

                              Comment


                              • Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

                                Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                                You must not get outside much. There’s plenty to do outdoors. Skiing, snowboarding, tubing, ice fishing.
                                Kinda hard to enjoy all that when it's 30 below and dark outside. Good spin though.
                                Originally Posted by aparch
                                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

                                From ADN:

                                "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

                                UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X