Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

    UA_56-86-12 vs UAA
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


    Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

    I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

  • #2
    Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

    Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
    UA_56-86-12 vs UAA
    As much as I HATE UA_, I can see the need to play each other 6 times. Sure helps with the budget.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

    From ADN:

    "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

    UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

      Wonder who is going to complain about the extra travel?

      [Looks at the other WCHA teams]
      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

        Doyle Woody laid off from ADN today. Sad for one of the better hockey beat writers out there (sorry Seawolves but it’s true, don’t fault the man for writing about what his bosses told him to write about).
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

        —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

          Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
          Doyle Woody laid off from ADN today. Sad for one of the better hockey beat writers out there (sorry Seawolves but it’s true, don’t fault the man for writing about what his bosses told him to write about).
          Just saw his tweet. You know, a few months ago I took a survey about the ADN and the survey asked for opinions about several of the papers writers. Doyle Woody was one of them. I know a lot of hockey fans cancelled their subscriptions mainly due to Doyle's mean spirited articles. (Both UAA and Aces articles). Can't say I'm surprised by this news.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

          From ADN:

          "According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

          UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

            Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
            Doyle Woody laid off from ADN today. Sad for one of the better hockey beat writers out there (sorry Seawolves but it’s true, don’t fault the man for writing about what his bosses told him to write about).
            You mean we will not be reading about space bear, Butter-bean or the new to you tin foil hat farm. I can live with that.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


            Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

            I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Suze View Post
              Just saw his tweet. You know, a few months ago I took a survey about the ADN and the survey asked for opinions about several of the papers writers. Doyle Woody was one of them. I know a lot of hockey fans cancelled their subscriptions mainly due to Doyle's mean spirited articles. (Both UAA and Aces articles). Can't say I'm surprised by this news.
              UAA retweeted sad to see you go, thanks for the great coverage of UAA hockey, are you ****ing kidding me?!
              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

                Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                UAA retweeted sad to see you go, thanks for the great coverage of UAA hockey, are you ****ing kidding me?!
                The man just got fired. So He down, do you step on his neck ? I don't think so. Me and Doyle got along. The best time had with Doyle and Bubba rolled with us that road trip was a Badger series over Halloween . Sitting out in front of the hotel with full red cups after the game watching the legions of kids going to state street in costume and then venture up to state street but leave before the tear gas was dispensed to the begging crowd. Doyle best of luck in the future.
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


                Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

                I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

                  Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  The man just got fired. So He down, do you step on his neck ? I don't think so. Me and Doyle got along. The best time had with Doyle and Bubba rolled with us that road trip was a Badger series over Halloween . Sitting out in front of the hotel with full red cups after the game watching the legions of kids going to state street in costume and then venture up to state street but leave before the tear gas was dispensed to the begging crowd. Doyle best of luck in the future.
                  I never understood the hate for the guy. Snarky sometimes, sure, but for a market as small and isolated as ANC/AK is, it could have been a whole lot worse.
                  “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

                  —UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                    The man just got fired. So He down, do you step on his neck ? I don't think so. Me and Doyle got along. The best time had with Doyle and Bubba rolled with us that road trip was a Badger series over Halloween . Sitting out in front of the hotel with full red cups after the game watching the legions of kids going to state street in costume and then venture up to state street but leave before the tear gas was dispensed to the begging crowd. Doyle best of luck in the future.
                    It's interesting how some gloat when someone else loses their job. Classy. I also find it interesting that fans can criticize players, coaches, administrators and a program as a whole, but if a broadcaster or writer does it, he's mean spirited. Best wishes to Doyle. Always enjoyed his coverage.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

                      Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      The man just got fired. So He down, do you step on his neck ? I don't think so. Me and Doyle got along. The best time had with Doyle and Bubba rolled with us that road trip was a Badger series over Halloween . Sitting out in front of the hotel with full red cups after the game watching the legions of kids going to state street in costume and then venture up to state street but leave before the tear gas was dispensed to the begging crowd. Doyle best of luck in the future.
                      I guess you forgot the down-river, kicks to the gut of UAA hockey. As far back as I can remember (15+ years), remember when he was relived of his duties of covering of UAA hockey? Guess why he was fired then. Remember the d-riding he did of the Aces, the rubbing which manifested into UAA articles and stories. He should have been fired for good a long time ago. Hope you feel good taking the "high road" of a guy who was paid to beat UAA up and down all over the paper for far too long. Oh and yeah a couple personal good memories of a person makes up for what they did "professionally".

                      Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      I never understood the hate for the guy. Snarky sometimes, sure, but for a market as small and isolated as ANC/AK is, it could have been a whole lot worse.
                      You wouldn't know unless you lived with it for 15+ years, your paper had better coverage of UAA hockey. Could've been worse......now that's a village mindset. Plenty of people looking for a job who actually would've given a **** about what they spew out.

                      Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      It's interesting how some gloat when someone else loses their job. Classy. I also find it interesting that fans can criticize players, coaches, administrators and a program as a whole, but if a broadcaster or writer does it, he's mean spirited. Best wishes to Doyle. Always enjoyed his coverage.
                      15+ years of battering one of the teams you get paid to cover, yeah I'm not the only irked fan out there. Doyle must've missed the professional integrity course, again he was fired from covering UAA hockey for awhile (guess why?). When you get paid to do something, I was raised to do it well. Guess your generation wasn't taught this. If you make 100k+ for some low double/high single win seasons, the gabble will start. When you get paid to cover a team, and make a mockery of them for 15+ years, the gabble will start. When you play like a freaking idiot and constantly hurt your team for 4 seasons, the gabble will start. When your school builds a new state of the art arena and not include ice (also promise a new separate hockey arena while the oil prices were tanking), the gabble will start. When your team is regulated to buildings that were built 30/40 years ago and even after renovations are sub-standard to even nWCHA schools, the gabble will start.

                      At least I show some passion, the complaining is due to the high standards I wish my team could achieve. Does that make me more of a fan?

                      Jesus Christ I find myself siding with JJ more and more. I'm sick of losing, and the mentality of oh it'll will get better, the guy who beat our team left and right is a really good guy, I'm sick of the same old-same old, are you?
                      Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

                        In summation…
                        …the truth hurts, and
                        …Gov Cup is fast approaching, and it will still be the same ol’, same ol’!

                        Go Nooks!
                        "Who got the Cup?"
                        UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: UAA /UA_ 2018 Governor’s Cup UAA 6 games to break 90 UA_ 6 games to crack 60

                          Originally posted by mmf View Post
                          In summation…
                          …the truth hurts
                          UA_56-86-12 vs UAA
                          I like the truth. 86-56-12 UAA vs UA_

                          Originally posted by mmf View Post
                          …Gov Cup is fast approaching
                          6 games and have to spend 2 &%#*#@^ night’s in _airbanks if flying as they all leave early from that dead end run.

                          Originally posted by mmf View Post
                          it will still be the same ol’, same ol’!
                          Except for one small ol’.... You of thought the Alaska Peacemakers Militia took over the security gig at the Chuckie Cheese Center in the “banks and will check all handbags, backpacks, and shopping carts. Some said” How will I be able to take in my traditional 12 pack of Nat. Ice and 3 gas station hot dogs?" This is getting out of hand ....... it’s like the guy at the _airbanks dump who said don’t go thru my trash........ Who does he think he is? ..... This is out of control. ....
                          Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 09-22-2017, 02:08 AM.
                          Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                          UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.


                          Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

                          I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                            I guess you forgot the down-river, kicks to the gut of UAA hockey. As far back as I can remember (15+ years), remember when he was relived of his duties of covering of UAA hockey? Guess why he was fired then. Remember the d-riding he did of the Aces, the rubbing which manifested into UAA articles and stories. He should have been fired for good a long time ago. Hope you feel good taking the "high road" of a guy who was paid to beat UAA up and down all over the paper for far too long. Oh and yeah a couple personal good memories of a person makes up for what they did "professionally".



                            You wouldn't know unless you lived with it for 15+ years, your paper had better coverage of UAA hockey. Could've been worse......now that's a village mindset. Plenty of people looking for a job who actually would've given a **** about what they spew out.



                            15+ years of battering one of the teams you get paid to cover, yeah I'm not the only irked fan out there. Doyle must've missed the professional integrity course, again he was fired from covering UAA hockey for awhile (guess why?). When you get paid to do something, I was raised to do it well. Guess your generation wasn't taught this. If you make 100k+ for some low double/high single win seasons, the gabble will start. When you get paid to cover a team, and make a mockery of them for 15+ years, the gabble will start. When you play like a freaking idiot and constantly hurt your team for 4 seasons, the gabble will start. When your school builds a new state of the art arena and not include ice (also promise a new separate hockey arena while the oil prices were tanking), the gabble will start. When your team is regulated to buildings that were built 30/40 years ago and even after renovations are sub-standard to even nWCHA schools, the gabble will start.

                            At least I show some passion, the complaining is due to the high standards I wish my team could achieve. Does that make me more of a fan?

                            Jesus Christ I find myself siding with JJ more and more. I'm sick of losing, and the mentality of oh it'll will get better, the guy who beat our team left and right is a really good guy, I'm sick of the same old-same old, are you?
                            What is “my generation?
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              What is “my generation?
                              Millennials or Gen Y: Born 1977 to 1995
                              Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X