X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2017-18 Preseason Thread: To Dream the Impossible Dream

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

No surprise.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I see she's still bloating her salary...

Comment

Thanks to those who informed me about the elevators. They may have existed when I was at the Field House in 2013, but I knew where my seat was, so I didn't bother to look for elevators that weren't going to help me get to where I was going.

Switching topics - looking forward to this Saturday's game, Saint Mary's followed up their 4-0 victory over Dalhousie by beating Acadia, 4-1, and Prince Edward Island, 7-2.

Sounds like they're good and ready to meet our guys. Hope our guys are good and ready to meet them.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
              Thanks to those who informed me about the elevators. They may have existed when I was at the Field House in 2013, but I knew where my seat was, so I didn't bother to look for elevators that weren't going to help me get to where I was going.

Switching topics - looking forward to this Saturday's game, Saint Mary's followed up their 4-0 victory over Dalhousie by beating Acadia, 4-1, and Prince Edward Island, 7-2.

Sounds like they're good and ready to meet our guys. Hope our guys are good and ready to meet them.
              From descriptions by others, sounds like they are a very physical team (what Canadian team is not?). At times we have suffered some early season injuries in these exhibition so I hope that our boys are ready for the contact. Sine the game counts for nothing, could care less about the result but certainly do not want to start the season with guys getting hurt.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                I see she's still bloating her salary...
                Did not think it could get any higher.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    From descriptions by others, sounds like they are a very physical team (what Canadian team is not?). At times we have suffered some early season injuries in these exhibition so I hope that our boys are ready for the contact. Sine the game counts for nothing, could care less about the result but certainly do not want to start the season with guys getting hurt.
                    I know Merrimack's one game short this year even if you were to count exhibitions towards the 34, and refused to fill it with a Canadian exhibition for pretty much this reason, not to mention the suspension fiasco from last year. It will be good to get full-speed game play, though.

I do wonder if Coach Smith will continue with the exhibitions, or if he will revert to the Red/White scrimmage we used to have when Fridgen was at the helm? I recall Appert didn't like the scrimmage and would rather have a full exhibition match with another squad.

Comment

What a shocker... SAJ looks to take over the Union in a hostile manner again, and then tries to get the director of the board to tell us otherwise in a letter to alums. What a lying piece of scum.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        What a shocker... SAJ looks to take over the Union in a hostile manner again, and then tries to get the director of the board to tell us otherwise in a letter to alums. What a lying piece of scum.
                        The letter published by the Poly seems quite clear. It says, in effect, the long-standing tradition of student control over the Union is null and void. We're hiring, firing and giving the orders now. So much for the value that students and alumni have placed on having an independent Union that provided a needed buffer against a school that prided itself on the rigors of its education (we got the old "look left, look right, one of you won't be here to graduate" speech).

I'm sure the generic "the president has supervisory powers over the institute" language has existed in the by-laws for many decades or more. You would think there'd be some sort of common law precedent established by the fact that the Union charter and by-laws have given students an enhanced level of control over that one function of the Institute for a similar period of time. in either case, this just seems like a stupid power grab that is unnecessary and indicative of a board that is both a puppet of the president and out of touch with the atmosphere on campus.

Comment

Apologies - I thought I was going to do better at joining the conversation here during the offseason, but it was another difficult summer for the Markham family. Everyone's healthy now, though, and I am READY for a new season and a new era for RPI hockey!

I too was at the season-ticket pickup event last week. I talked to all the boys I know (not as many as usual!) and they seemed very upbeat and optimistic for the season. That's to be expected, I guess, but it seemed to be on a different level than anything I've heard in recent years. Brady Wiffen spoke for all, I think, when he said they can't wait to start the season. He said they're tired of just practicing and want to get it going!

I talked to all the seniors - all three of them! - and was left wondering how they were going to choose one, or even two, to be captains. There's no question that they are all the leaders of this team and it looks like that was recognized with the decision to make them all co-captains. I like it!

I do have one small concern with Coach Smith's speech. He talked a lot, both at the season ticket party and in the quotes in the TU from him on Media Day, about how the process of becoming a better team is more important than winning. We all heard a lot of very similar remarks over the past few years - I just hope the process actually leads to something this time.

Anyway, I'm excited to get out there and cheer for this team and this new era in RPI hockey. Here's hoping they give us lots to cheer about!
                          Charlene

Comment

I don't think this has been posted here - hope I'm not repeating something you've all seen. Do you recognize the Good Samaritan who's the subject of this article?

http://uplift.theepochtimes.com/upli...tion-bill.html

Another example of what quality young men come out of the RPI hockey program. And he's still wearing his team duds!
                            Charlene

Comment

In honor of Mat Harris and Kendra Farole, today is 28 September 2017. There are 2 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 30 September 2017 for the start of next season.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X