X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UVM Cat in Texas
    replied
    Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    As for tonight. Lines aren't out, but Ted Ryan says Harmon's starting and the Russian Rocket is debuting.
    Glad to see Harmon get the start. He needs to play some.

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied
    Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

As for tonight. Lines aren't out, but Ted Ryan says Harmon's starting and the Russian Rocket is debuting.

Leave a comment:

• TovarishchLisa
    replied
    Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Originally posted by CatClass08 View Post
    This is a great article. Sucks that this season has come apart to the point where our main topic of discussion is a coaching change, but hey that's what it is.

As for the replacement ideas, I don't see any chance we get Ducharme. He seems like his next step is AHL or as an assistant in the NHL. Also I don't think a high school coach could cut it in Hockey East. Rolston would be awesome. What about one of Quinn's assistants at BU? No doubt they can recruit.
    Yeah, they're just ideas with varying degrees of realism or risk. But hey, if I'm going to say "these are problems," I may as well offer possible solutions.

With Ducharme, there's always the chance his stock plummets if Canada flops in the WJC medal round. I see a lot of people blaming him for not playing Makar more at WJC and blaming him for taking Comtois (whose dirty hit changed the game yesterday) over guys like Glass and Tippett. I agree it's a long shot, but it's worth a shot, right?

Do agree HS coaches won't cut it in HE, I was largely spitballing guys who have a past with UVM, plus Rolston and Ellsworth whose names came up a lot this summer. Maybe Ryan Papaioannou from Brooks in the AJHL? We've taken how many recruits from there, why not add the coach too lol

WRT Quinn's BU assistants, I'm unsure. Yeah they can recruit, but BU gets caught up in playing pond hockey a lot where they try to just out-skill the other team. That might be more on Quinn though.

Leave a comment:

• CatClass08
    replied
    Originally posted by Play$Maker View Post
    Right now nothing will change till end of season; Sneddon will be given a graceful exit. My concern between now and then is we are going to lose more key players and recruits! Tell me why one of our best shooters was scratched last night??? Unless Bowen is injured how does he sit. Vlad might as well red-shirt the rest of this year now. Colton is going to leave for sure unless there is something on the horizon that shows leadership hope. This team on paper is so much better - EXCEPT in the coaching positions- get rid of all 3 of them....

#FireSneddon
    In fairness Colton was probably gonna leave anyway, but the point is well taken

Leave a comment:

• CatClass08
    replied
    Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Blogpost taking a look at Sneddon's last 2+ years and offering some options for who could replace him. Shamelessly stole some from a list someone (VTALUM I think) posted in this thread.

https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpre...-sneddon-file/
    This is a great article. Sucks that this season has come apart to the point where our main topic of discussion is a coaching change, but hey that's what it is.

As for the replacement ideas, I don't see any chance we get Ducharme. He seems like his next step is AHL or as an assistant in the NHL. Also I don't think a high school coach could cut it in Hockey East. Rolston would be awesome. What about one of Quinn's assistants at BU? No doubt they can recruit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X