UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Gravallese/Hanson always ref like they have money on the game.
    Last edited by j24vt; 03-02-2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
      No. Coaches need to stand up for their teams in the face of offocIating as terrible as that which was on display tonight. How can players be expected to fight if their coach isn’t? This isn’t Mayberry, and Sneddon shouldn’t act like Opie. “Awww shucks” isn’t the correct response to tonight’s debacle.
      Officiating*

Comment

• Originally posted by j24vt View Post
        Gravaliese/Hanson always ref like they have money on the game.
        I can’t even argue with that.

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
          I can’t even argue with that.
          They sure did tonight. Usually I cut the refs slack - my first job ever was a ref for UVM intramural sports, people get ****ed at you no matter what - but that was blatant.
          https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
            They sure did tonight. Usually I cut the refs slack - my first job ever was a ref for UVM intramural sports, people get ****ed at you no matter what - but that was blatant.
            I’ll be shocked if more isn’t made of the officiating situation tonight.

Comment

Genius.

Comment

Privitera suspended tonight. Not sure if it's automatic or whatever

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Privitera suspended tonight. Not sure if it's automatic or whatever
                  It was a game misconduct on the score sheet. Either the league looked at it and decided it warranted a DQ or it was a coaching decision.. my guess is it was the league.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by gocats View Post
                    So fans can moan. I get that. And maybe i need to understand better that this is a fan site, Teams and coaches DO need to say refs will be refs. Because the truth beyond all complaining is we are down 0-1. Stolen or whatever. We are down 0-1. So, pick it up, play better, outplay any one or two or ... calls. Play better tomorrow, make it 1-1, and outplay them from there. Blatant or not, that is the reality that needs to be dealt with.
                    Totally agree. Bad refs or no, the team cannot be losing games when they're up 2-0 after two. Hopefully they learn something and come back strong tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                      Esposito got a 10 minute misconduct for shooting after the whistle in addition to a minor?
                      They called that against Nolan Stevens on the Friday night game at Gutterson. I wonder if the additional 10 minute misconduct is an automatic for that penalty because it is ridiculous to lose a top player for 12 minutes for something that benign.
                      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                        They called that against Nolan Stevens on the Friday night game at Gutterson. I wonder if the additional 10 minute misconduct is an automatic for that penalty because it is ridiculous to lose a top player for 12 minutes for something that benign.
                        That's the first thing I thought of when I heard about this. Agree it's a bit ridiculous unless the guy gets off a rocket of a slapper. Didn't see Esposito's last night, but that certainly wasn't the case with Stevens. Still dumb by Espo -- given the Stevens thing happened just a couple of weeks ago, it's not like he can claim he wasn't aware.

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                          That's the first thing I thought of when I heard about this. Agree it's a bit ridiculous unless the guy gets off a rocket of a slapper. Didn't see Esposito's last night, but that certainly wasn't the case with Stevens. Still dumb by Espo -- given the Stevens thing happened just a couple of weeks ago, it's not like he can claim he wasn't aware.
                          I did see it...it was a VERY late offsides whistle; Esposito was at the top of the circle before the whistle blew! He was mid wind-up when the whistle finally blew. It was unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                            Spearing, yes. Nobody called on the ice, officials watched replay and quickly called it. Vlad show tomorrow!!
                            Sneddon went Blanleil instead. I like him and all, but I'd honestly prefer Vlad simply because he's the future, why not risk it with the guy you know will be around instead of playing it safe with a guy who might be playing his last career game tonight? Blanleil always gives 100% so I don't think the "my career might be over" bump is going to be a thing.

Of course now that I say that Blanleil is gonna score a hat trick and make me look stupid

Comment

Sneddon went Blanleil instead. I like him and all, but I'd honestly prefer Vlad simply because he's the future, why not risk it with the guy you know will be around instead of playing it safe with a guy who might be playing his last career game tonight? Blanleil always gives 100% so I don't think the "my career might be over" bump is going to be a thing.

Of course now that I say that Blanleil is gonna score a hat trick and make me look stupid
                              I hope so, but...

Comment

Esposito may be our best player. I didn’t expect it at the start of his year.

Comment

Working...
                                X