UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM 2017/18: A Gutt Check

Alex Esposito is a good hockey player. Also, Vlad and Misley should be on the ice...I won’t name the players they should replace.

Comment

Was at women's hockey tonight (they won 1-0). How'd we look?
      https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
        Was at women's hockey tonight (they won 1-0). How'd we look?
        Our defense looked as solid as I’ve seen all year. Coughlin looks like a changed player even though he didn’t hit the scoreboard. I REALLY wish Vlad and Misley would dress every game. Overall, 7/10 but it was enough to beat a hungry UNH team at home. Oh, also...Lekkas was stellar yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
          Our defense looked as solid as I’ve seen all year. Coughlin looks like a changed player even though he didn’t hit the scoreboard. I REALLY wish Vlad and Misley would dress every game. Overall, 7/10 but it was enough to beat a hungry UNH team at home. Oh, also...Lekkas was stellar yet again.
          Defense was solid and always in position. I agree on Coughlin. He looks relaxed and confident. He must finally be relaxing and playing his game and blocking out Sneddy. Overall UNH had a lot of zone time and our offense was mainly counter attack rushes. The power play was atrocious and passing in general was always just off the mark which might explain the poor power play. Overall a good road win. There is going to be a lot of emotion in the building tomorrow night honoring Umile and alumni. Should be an interesting game.

Comment

BTW all those who ***** about our facilities etc did you happen to watch any of the Northeastern game on NESN? The rink was 1/3rd full for a 2nd/3rd place team and it is an old small rink. Somehow they are able to compete. That is such a lame excuse for UVM hockey. Also Union is again in 2nd place in ECAC with no scholarships or magnificent facilities. Can we please stop using that as an excuse for mediocrity!!

Comment

I wish they would focus more on puck possession and less on shot blocking.

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                I wish they would focus more on puck possession and less on shot blocking.
                Agree wholeheartedly. The team's CF% has gone from 50% last year to 47% this year. You don't win games by blocking shots because that means you don't have the puck, and you don't win games when you don't have the puck.

Following hockey across the nation this year, IMO the two best teams have been Minnesota State and Denver. And guess what? They're the two best possession teams in the nation.

Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

• Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                  Agree wholeheartedly. The team's CF% has gone from 50% last year to 47% this year. You don't win games by blocking shots because that means you don't have the puck, and you don't win games when you don't have the puck.

Following hockey across the nation this year, IMO the two best teams have been Minnesota State and Denver. And guess what? They're the two best possession teams in the nation.
                  Sure, but isn't puck possession just the result of having a really good, skilled, fast team? That is, not sure you can actually say let's concentrate on increasing our puck possession, and then go out and do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                    Alex Esposito is a good hockey player. Also, Vlad and Misley should be on the ice...I won’t name the players they should replace.
                    Really think Misley could have benefitted by playing another year where he was before coming to UVM. That was the plan initially, I believe. Hopefully next year will be different. Vlad hasn't played enough to warrant being in the lineup at a critical time of the season. Wonder if anyone regrets not redshirting him?

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                      Really think Misley could have benefitted by playing another year where he was before coming to UVM. That was the plan initially, I believe. Hopefully next year will be different. Vlad hasn't played enough to warrant being in the lineup at a critical time of the season. Wonder if anyone regrets not redshirting him?
                      Misley is a talent and is here now. He needs to be on the ice. Vlad has looked great in every game he’s played, he likewise needs to be on the ice. It’s about building for next year at this point (neither of these guys hurt the team being out there THIS year).

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                        Sure, but isn't puck possession just the result of having a really good, skilled, fast team? That is, not sure you can actually say let's concentrate on increasing our puck possession, and then go out and do it.
                        We have very good, skilled, fast players. Quite a few, actually.

Comment

Is the reffing staff doing the Umile night UNH must win so lets call everything against UVM and nothing against UNH????

Comment

I think Lekkas can play goalie on the PP do our D need to be standing just outside the blue paint. Put some pressure on UNH instead of this collapse into a shell and let them walk it in to the middle.

Comment

My source told me that, before the NHL draft, the plan always seemed to be go NCAA this year. Would've gone to the USHL otherwise, most likely

Comment

Maybe I over estimate our skill level but I feel like its like once a week mens league hockey in our offensive zone where we skate in and it is create what you can on the fly with no strategy or set plays. Hence my frustration with this coaching staff.....

Comment

Working...
                                X